ItsMods

Full Version: xKMod LIVE v1.1 - Final Release | Competitive Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/quote]

Its ridiculous and annoying when you give with single fire, 2 headshots and they still wont die. Why should the bether aim-people suffer under the low-aim players???? Undecided

[/quote]

fail...

if u cant aim and need less shots to kill its advantage for low skilled players cause they even kill with 2 shots when they just spray around.
2 Headshot should be kill!! not 3 or 4 headshot. maybe i just didnt say it well. I ment also (earlier post from someone) Hit in foot should be say 10% of life neck 40% Head 50%. etc ... The hitreg....

But always every where 3-4 hits?
2 hits on head and neck, 3 hits upper torso+lower torso, 4 hits on limbs with an assault on all ranges immo, same for smg for close range and double the hits for far range so u at least have a chance to kill em :<
Ive uploaded everything to the FTP
In server list its a Blue Sign on my Server says MOD is on...
but when I enter its just normal without any mod...

Please help I am trying to do this so much now :X
(07-11-2011, 13:44)zlol Wrote: [ -> ]2 hits on head and neck, 3 hits upper torso+lower torso, 4 hits on limbs with an assault on all ranges immo, same for smg for close range and double the hits for far range so u at least have a chance to kill em :<

AGREE!!
Allrighty, I've got enough feedback. I'll start balancing weapons.

2 options:

1. 20% less damage on any part of the body (except the head, since you already die with 2 shots in the head)

2. Reducing every weapon damage by 5 for assault rifles and 10 for SMG's (best option imo)

In other words, option 1 has to do with multipliers whereas option 2 has to with damage.
(07-11-2011, 16:37)XeroK Wrote: [ -> ]Allrighty, I've got enough feedback. I'll start balancing weapons.

2 options:

1. 20% less damage on any part of the body (except the head, since you already die with 2 shots in the head)

2. Reducing every weapon damage by 5 for assault rifles and 10 for SMG's (best option imo)

In other words, option 1 has to do with multipliers whereas option 2 has to with damage.

XeroK,
Ive uploaded everything to the FTP
and write everything needed at Command Line
I got a "Blue Icon" on my server at Server List...
but when I enter its still Standart Gameplay without mod
please help!

imo it's not the weapons that need changing, it's the hitboxes. The sniper tags a lot more in xkmod than it does in promod not due to damage since they do about the same, but due to the hitboxes being placed oddly, e.g. the lower torso and upper torso hitbox are relatively small compared to the limbs as many times if you shoot the lower chest it counts as a leg tag as an upper chest shot sometimes counts as an arm or neck tag. It'd be good to keep the weapon damage as it is, since it makes the gameplay more fast paced and rewards the player with the better reflexes. One more thing is that the sunlight option in the multiplayer settings is relatively unecessary since you have to change it almost every map just to make it look right. Finally, the maxpackets and maxfps should be completely adjustable within a range of say 60-100 for maxpackets to prevent lag and 40-250 for maxfps since 333 provides an enormous boost in player speed. The range could be 40-125 to make it so players are on a more even playing field, although people with 120hz+ monitors (e.g. a 150-200hz crt) would be disatisfied so it'd be best to just cap it at 250. Another idea I had would be to make the mantle key a seperate key as many people including myself die when climbing objects. Additionally thanks to a recent patch by treyarch when using ninja no noise is made when dropping, and since you enable silent footsteps with the setperk function i'd recommend disabling the silent drop. ANOTHER idea (lol), would be to remove nade throwback (should be relatively simple http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Nade-Throwback.html) and increase the nade indicator radius to that of the actual kill radius. The nade pickup should be disabled since nades are supposed to prevent people rushing certain routes and helping teams push bomb sites and it wouldn't be fair if someone could just pick it up and toss it back. Anyways 1 more thing, in order to keep people on an even playing field g_smoothclients and g_antilag should be forced to 1 so everyone is experiencing relatively the same ammount of interpolation (although g_antilag should be set to 0 in lan mode just like in promod).

Well that's just my opinion on it, great job on the mod so far Big Grin (p.s. r_normalmap should be adjustable as fovscale is currently)

p.s. x2: Two more ideas I have are to remove the red dots on radar for obvious reasons and have it so that bodies dissapear after you kill them (in css many people have this in their configs) as some people hide inside dead bodies which is dumb lol. Additionally, the supposedly disabled red crosshairs are enabled as of the last time I checked (not on a dedi) and another good idea would be to make it so waypointiconheight have to equal waypointiconwidth as compassplayerheight should equal compassplayerwidth since some people have it so that they are lines making it very easy to nade specific spots. FINARRY, a friend told me that nades we're coded to roll towards people, now I'm not completely sure that this is true but who knows.

p.s. x3: (yes i know this is getting excessive lol) Another issue which affects competetive play is when people clip through walls. There are multiple spots I know of in which you can lean into the wall and see choke spots or objectives. I believe this is fixable by changing r_znear to a specific value but I don't know which. A bunch of these mods set it to 3 although there's still noticeable clipping (like in top wood on firingrange at certain areas players in bottom wood can see the top wood players feet) so you could try setting r_znear to 0.001 to correct this, although that value might not work since i'm not too familiar with the whole r_znear and r_zfar commands.

p.s. x4: (lololol) I'm aware that you set g_speed to 196 because it was used in cod4 promod, but is there any reason that it's used other than the fact that it was in cod4 promod? cod4 promod is a fantastic mod but just because it worked well in cod4 doesn't mean that it will work well in BO. And besides the change is so minor why implement it at all?

-PYRONE Big Grin

(also stakeout doesn't need that weird delay where you can't shoot it, it only has 4 rounds and is relatively balanced anyways.)
(07-11-2011, 16:37)XeroK Wrote: [ -> ]Allrighty, I've got enough feedback. I'll start balancing weapons.

2 options:

Agree with option 2 think it would be best

(07-11-2011, 17:32)Pyroh Wrote: [ -> ]imo it's not the weapons that need changing, it's the hitboxes. The sniper tags a lot more in xkmod than it does in promod not due to damage since they do about the same, but due to the hitboxes being placed oddly, e.g. the lower torso and upper torso hitbox are relatively small compared to the limbs as many times if you shoot the lower chest it counts as a leg tag as an upper chest shot sometimes counts as an arm or neck tag. It'd be good to keep the weapon damage as it is, since it makes the gameplay more fast paced and rewards the player with the better reflexes. One more thing is that the sunlight option in the multiplayer settings is relatively unecessary since you have to change it almost every map just to make it look right. Finally, the maxpackets and maxfps should be completely adjustable within a range of say 60-100 for maxpackets to prevent lag and 40-250 for maxfps since 333 provides an enormous boost in player speed. The range could be 40-125 to make it so players are on a more even playing field, although people with 120hz+ monitors (e.g. a 150-200hz crt) would be disatisfied so it'd be best to just cap it at 250. Another idea I had would be to make the mantle key a seperate key as many people including myself die when climbing objects. Additionally thanks to a recent patch by treyarch when using ninja no noise is made when dropping, and since you enable silent footsteps with the setperk function i'd recommend disabling the silent drop. ANOTHER idea (lol), would be to remove nade throwback (should be relatively simple http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Nade-Throwback.html) and increase the nade indicator radius to that of the actual kill radius. The nade pickup should be disabled since nades are supposed to prevent people rushing certain routes and helping teams push bomb sites and it wouldn't be fair if someone could just pick it up and toss it back. Anyways 1 more thing, in order to keep people on an even playing field g_smoothclients and g_antilag should be forced to 1 so everyone is experiencing relatively the same ammount of interpolation (although g_antilag should be set to 0 in lan mode just like in promod).

Well that's just my opinion on it, great job on the mod so far Big Grin (p.s. r_normalmap should be adjustable as fovscale is currently)

p.s. x2: Two more ideas I have are to remove the red dots on radar for obvious reasons and have it so that bodies dissapear after you kill them (in css many people have this in their configs) as some people hide inside dead bodies which is dumb lol. Additionally, the supposedly disabled red crosshairs are enabled as of the last time I checked (not on a dedi) and another good idea would be to make it so waypointiconheight have to equal waypointiconwidth as compassplayerheight should equal compassplayerwidth since some people have it so that they are lines making it very easy to nade specific spots. FINARRY, a friend told me that nades we're coded to roll towards people, now I'm not completely sure that this is true but who knows.

p.s. x3: (yes i know this is getting excessive lol) Another issue which affects competetive play is when people clip through walls. There are multiple spots I know of in which you can lean into the wall and see choke spots or objectives. I believe this is fixable by changing r_znear to a specific value but I don't know which. A bunch of these mods set it to 3 although there's still noticeable clipping (like in top wood on firingrange at certain areas players in bottom wood can see the top wood players feet) so you could try setting r_znear to 0.001 to correct this, although that value might not work since i'm not too familiar with the whole r_znear and r_zfar commands.

p.s. x4: (lololol) I'm aware that you set g_speed to 196 because it was used in cod4 promod, but is there any reason that it's used other than the fact that it was in cod4 promod? cod4 promod is a fantastic mod but just because it worked well in cod4 doesn't mean that it will work well in BO. And besides the change is so minor why implement it at all?

-PYRONE Big Grin

(also stakeout doesn't need that weird delay where you can't shoot it, it only has 4 rounds and is relatively balanced anyways.)

I agree with the first part but with almost none of ure ps's,
ps1: red dots and red crosshairs should stay,
ps2: if its an easy fix it could be done, all though this bug can easily be checked through democlient incase of suspicion and i totally agree with the limbs through walls floors thingy should be looked into
and ps3: didnt even noticed it changed so its useless imo
and stakeout shouldn't have the delay or it has to be replaced with spas but with less ammo in the mag
You guys sucks so hard,

I guess the only Reason why you dont stop to flame is, you think youre high or something else, you get pwnd in pcw cause youre to low, and then login to itsmods and flame the xkmod.

blablabla

Xerok, you did a great job yet. You have to distingushin between serious feedback and mindless flames. Just take a closer look into cod4 promod, the weapon damage is great and everybody loves it.