ItsMods

Full Version: xKMod LIVE v1.1 - Final Release | Competitive Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-04-2011, 17:33)T3h vICE Wrote: [ -> ]picking up ammo and reloading have to make a sound ! this isn't called a nuubmod, where people can step over droped weapons they don't see.

it has to be tactical where and when you reload your weapon and decide if you gonna make a sound while reloading or take the risk to kill the enemy with just 5 bullets left in your rifle.

is it possible to optimise the netcode with the modtools? everyone i know has often the feeling that bullets are missing or gone through an enemy without doing any dmg. maybe to optimize the hitboxes....this isn't possible with modtools isn't it? :/

or do you know the thing, that an enemy who strafejumps around a corner see and hit first everytime. yeah some people said this is part of the game, but in rl you can see each other at the same time and not.....you know what i mean ^^

The reason I think the sound when picking up ammo/guns should be removed is because people accidentally walk over ammo buried beneath dead bodies all the time which causes it to be picked up which could possibly give away their position. A player should know if they're about to make noise before they do something. I mean it's risk enough to approach a body which might be out in the open just to pick up a gun/ammo so there's no need to make the matter even more dangerous by adding the element of sound into the equation. Secondly, reloading irl isn't even loud, and it never has been audible in the cod series for good reason. In BO you can hear someone across the map reload, IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE.
on xkmlive1.0 the scoreboard is buggy... u cant see who is living or dead
(08-04-2011, 19:50)DisastaH Wrote: [ -> ]on xkmlive1.0 the scoreboard is buggy... u cant see who is living or dead

The one on his server is a pre release version, the final hasn't been released yet.
i know... i think he wanna know if there were any bugs to fix them before release
(08-04-2011, 20:34)DisastaH Wrote: [ -> ]i know... i think he wanna know if there were any bugs to fix them before release

Okay got it. Do you mean there's no icon next to their name in the scoreboard that shows if they're alive or dead?
yes this is what i mean
(08-04-2011, 19:06)Pyroh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2011, 17:33)T3h vICE Wrote: [ -> ]picking up ammo and reloading have to make a sound ! this isn't called a nuubmod, where people can step over droped weapons they don't see.

it has to be tactical where and when you reload your weapon and decide if you gonna make a sound while reloading or take the risk to kill the enemy with just 5 bullets left in your rifle.

is it possible to optimise the netcode with the modtools? everyone i know has often the feeling that bullets are missing or gone through an enemy without doing any dmg. maybe to optimize the hitboxes....this isn't possible with modtools isn't it? :/

or do you know the thing, that an enemy who strafejumps around a corner see and hit first everytime. yeah some people said this is part of the game, but in rl you can see each other at the same time and not.....you know what i mean ^^

The reason I think the sound when picking up ammo/guns should be removed is because people accidentally walk over ammo buried beneath dead bodies all the time which causes it to be picked up which could possibly give away their position. A player should know if they're about to make noise before they do something. I mean it's risk enough to approach a body which might be out in the open just to pick up a gun/ammo so there's no need to make the matter even more dangerous by adding the element of sound into the equation. Secondly, reloading irl isn't even loud, and it never has been audible in the cod series for good reason. In BO you can hear someone across the map reload, IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE.

then don't step over dead boddies -.-

the reloading sound is fine, because as i said you have to play more tactical.
you can't just shoot your magazine 3/4 empty and then walk away and reload without taking the consequences of being heared. if you're not able to do this 2 things then keep about thinking if "pro"mod is the right thing for you !

(08-03-2011, 11:43)mac1981 Wrote: [ -> ]ive got one problem since cersion 2.9 switching sides doesnt work correctly.. How could i solve the problem??

That's weird because the halftime switching works properly when I test it on a listen server haven't had the chance to test it on my dedicated for so long. I'll work on it.

i saw the same error,sides would switch before there set too. only happens when players fight before ready up allowing rounds to pass.when you ready up the scores reset. but the sides switch counter dosent reset.keep score 0-0 when ready up and no problem, hope helps . Heart the mod
whoever said reloading isn't very loud probably hasn't ever reloaded a real gun before. it depends on the weapon, yes, but it is pretty loud. of course, if you want to talk realism, then crouching shouldn't be silent, nor should crawling. crawling is one of the loudest ways to move. no one wearing gear can go from a stand to prone stance without making some noise. snipers having no sway? are you kidding me? and being able to jump scope with any accuracy whatsoever? anyone trying to shoot a sniper rifle standing up will be swaying all over the place if they actually try to scope.

automatically picking up ammo without even having to crouch down or choose to pick it up? pretty crazy as well, silent or not. i think the sound is way more tactical, and shouldn't be removed, but that is just me. really there should be an option. you should have to be crouched and should have to push a button to pick up the ammo.

ak74u and mp5 or mp5k being REMOTELY similar in damage? are you kidding me? the stopping power depends on the size and type of the round fired. accuracy and recoil depend on the barrel length and weight of the gun. which also affects the time it would take to bring it up to ADS, speed of movement, etc. guns should NOT be balanced, they should reflect the actual elements at play.

just saying.

now, that being said, the promods with no sniper sway and all that garbage is, for some reason, what competitions and people want to use, so i deal with the ridiculousness of some of it because hey, after all, we're playing VIDEO GAMES not real life war simulators or anything similar.

but if you want to talk tactical, reload sound should be somewhat loud, doing things like changing stance at least to and from prone should make sound, sniper rifles shouldn't be able quick scope or jump scope with any accuracy whatsoever, etc. etc.
i should mention though, i don't think blackops promods should be designed to be exactly like cod4 promods. cod4 promods weren't perfect. why eliminate anything different? if people want to play cod4 with updated graphics and new maps, that's kinda cheesy in my opinion. the goal of a promod should, in my opinion, be to tweak the game to make it more suited to competitive pc gaming, while still trying to maintain the integrity of the game being modded. dive to prone is part of the game. people used to cod4 don't like it. i don't like it much myself although sometimes when in a pinch and having to bail to reload or something it can come in handy to get behind cover, etc.

promods shouldn't be designed to make every game exactly the same and every gun exactly the same and everything as easy/balanced/fair as possible. being able to work your way through an entire match without ever giving away your position until you shoot.... that's pretty lame if you ask me. don't walk over bodies if you don't want to pick up the ammo and make a sound (a sound which makes sense to have included). they should be designed to improve the competitive nature and implement features that make matching/scrimming more efficient and easy to conform to specific league rules. just my .02.

note: not knocking xerok with this or the last post. i prefer promod to regular barebones by far. everyone has their opinions on how things should run, doesn't mean mine is better than anyone else's or should be adopted by xerok or anyone else. keep working on this stuff man, thanks!
(08-05-2011, 06:44)pr3fekt Wrote: [ -> ]whoever said reloading isn't very loud probably hasn't ever reloaded a real gun before. it depends on the weapon, yes, but it is pretty loud. of course, if you want to talk realism, then crouching shouldn't be silent, nor should crawling. crawling is one of the loudest ways to move. no one wearing gear can go from a stand to prone stance without making some noise. snipers having no sway? are you kidding me? and being able to jump scope with any accuracy whatsoever? anyone trying to shoot a sniper rifle standing up will be swaying all over the place if they actually try to scope.

automatically picking up ammo without even having to crouch down or choose to pick it up? pretty crazy as well, silent or not. i think the sound is way more tactical, and shouldn't be removed, but that is just me. really there should be an option. you should have to be crouched and should have to push a button to pick up the ammo.

ak74u and mp5 or mp5k being REMOTELY similar in damage? are you kidding me? the stopping power depends on the size and type of the round fired. accuracy and recoil depend on the barrel length and weight of the gun. which also affects the time it would take to bring it up to ADS, speed of movement, etc. guns should NOT be balanced, they should reflect the actual elements at play.

just saying.

now, that being said, the promods with no sniper sway and all that garbage is, for some reason, what competitions and people want to use, so i deal with the ridiculousness of some of it because hey, after all, we're playing VIDEO GAMES not real life war simulators or anything similar.

but if you want to talk tactical, reload sound should be somewhat loud, doing things like changing stance at least to and from prone should make sound, sniper rifles shouldn't be able quick scope or jump scope with any accuracy whatsoever, etc. etc.
i should mention though, i don't think blackops promods should be designed to be exactly like cod4 promods. cod4 promods weren't perfect. why eliminate anything different? if people want to play cod4 with updated graphics and new maps, that's kinda cheesy in my opinion. the goal of a promod should, in my opinion, be to tweak the game to make it more suited to competitive pc gaming, while still trying to maintain the integrity of the game being modded. dive to prone is part of the game. people used to cod4 don't like it. i don't like it much myself although sometimes when in a pinch and having to bail to reload or something it can come in handy to get behind cover, etc.

promods shouldn't be designed to make every game exactly the same and every gun exactly the same and everything as easy/balanced/fair as possible. being able to work your way through an entire match without ever giving away your position until you shoot.... that's pretty lame if you ask me. don't walk over bodies if you don't want to pick up the ammo and make a sound (a sound which makes sense to have included). they should be designed to improve the competitive nature and implement features that make matching/scrimming more efficient and easy to conform to specific league rules. just my .02.

note: not knocking xerok with this or the last post. i prefer promod to regular barebones by far. everyone has their opinions on how things should run, doesn't mean mine is better than anyone else's or should be adopted by xerok or anyone else. keep working on this stuff man, thanks!

First off I have not reloaded a real gun, but that's irrelevant as this isn't meant to be realistic. And to your idea on having to crouch and hit a key to pick up ammo but keep the sound would be great idea. Finally I completely agree that xKMod shouldn't be a copy of promod as these are completely different games so a copy of promod won't work very well.

Also what would you guys think about keeping the nade pin sound? I mean removing cooking already makes their usage in close quarters invective so the nade sound might as well be removed since it was only audible in close quarters.