ItsMods

Full Version: xKMod LIVE v1.1 - Final Release | Competitive Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
xKMod Live 1.0 hasn't been officially released yet, even tho you can find it on the official server, it doens't mean that it's the final version. Xerok is usually testing mods on the server before releasing it!
I cant download the Mod. My game can i only end over Taskmanager and nothing works. It doesnt download the mod.
(08-03-2011, 07:09)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]xKMod live
lmfao

I can't join the server, it isn't downloading the mod.ff

You don't like the name ? Want me to change it ? Want me to call it PozzuhMod NotSoLiveButLive ? You know I'd to anything to make you happy and satisfy you Pozzuh.

[Image: TxdsX.gif]

(08-03-2011, 11:43)mac1981 Wrote: [ -> ]ive got one problem since cersion 2.9 switching sides doesnt work correctly.. How could i solve the problem??

That's weird because the halftime switching works properly when I test it on a listen server haven't had the chance to test it on my dedicated for so long. I'll work on it.

(08-03-2011, 15:11)sh@de Wrote: [ -> ]just been on the official server not sure if its a bug but when you kill someone no matter who it just over writes at the bottom so you just see everyone who has killed anyone on your team all over lay each other.

command overflow still happens but other than that this version is nicely balanced

keep up the good work

Yes, I saw the lower message bug by myself and I already fixed it. Wait for the release.

For the command overflow, it is the shoutcaster thingy causing troubles, too many dvars are sent to the spectators at the same time. Try to stay in spectator for 2 rounds, impossible, you'll get kicked. I'll prolly remove the shoutcaster from the mod for now, till it works properly.
nah I said that because you are now stealing cod4 promod's name to..
(08-03-2011, 17:05)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]nah I said that because you are now stealing cod4 promod's name to..

It's not like it's going to be completely devoid of any influence from arguably the best competetive mod ever. I mean that's just being unique for the sake of being unique. Obviously this isn't the most original mod but why not borrow ideas from the best? Smile

Also here's just a list of ideas for future versions of xKMod
-There is a bomb glitch which can definately be fixed, thread about it here http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showth...did=472552
-Optimize the DVAR enforcement system. Instead of r_blur being set to a high value if a DVAR were out of range you should just overlay a picture of the map load screen behind the text saying for the dvars to be forced. Additionally you could do something similar to cod4 promod where it repeatedly plays gunshot noises until the dvar is set back in range. At the moment if someone were to activate a simple lag script they could still run across an area and be hard to hit, so what would be good is make it so that the client couldn't move until they set their dvars back in range
-Demo playback. ATM you have very limited access while playing back a demo, e.g. if you click or do anything it goes back to the main menu. This should be fixable as it's prolly just shoddy coding
-A unified ruleset. This mod is becoming very popular but the community is still split. Making a unified rule set would help strengthen the already weak community.
-At the moment when the bomb timer hits 0 it means there is still 1 second left, this shouldn't be too hard to change.
-The list of DVARs which are set could be heavily optimized. Since the DVAR threads are executed onplayerconnect as far as I know then when anybody joins the server the dvar threads are executed for everyone, which is obviously unecessary. It would be better to just have 1 thread of DVARs which would be executed for just the client who connected and noone else. Additionally some people are having issues with things which are changeable in the config but not in game (r_znear). There's no point in having the dvar blocker tell the client to change r_znear to 3 since they can't in game. It would be better if it was just set when the client connects.
-Some commands which provide an advantage aren't enforced by the DVAR blocker in 2.9 (might be in xKModLIVE, dunno) such as sm_enable.
-From what i've heard some people are getting missing asset errors so you could have possibly removed too many assets. I've only heard of one person having that problem so they might just be weird Tongue EDIT: it's only for people who don't have allow downloads in their options, they so dumb 4 real Big Grin
-Mini scoreboard. The mini scoreboard on the lower left should be removable if the client chooses to do so and also if possible you should try to fix the score going across the screen when roundlimit is enabled (NAHMEAN)
-the silent footsteps dvar you implemented isn't rly necessary, as most people like them on. It'd be better to just remove the dvar, but it's your mod Big Grin
-Changing the demo recording info location. As I'm sure you know the demo recording text atm is on the upper left and only partially viewable. Shouldn't be too hard to move it's location back to normal.
-Scope crosshair jitter. Sometimes when standing still the scopes crosshair jitters when unscoped. Only happens after moving around for a bit.
-An option for removing the +5/+3 as well as the "you killed player". It would be good if they were individiaully changeable, a good way to make it so the client could control the you killed message would be to make custom dvar such as g_killedtext and if it were set to 1000 then it would stay for 1000 miliseconds and if it were set to 0 then it wouldn't show up.
-Removing reload/ammo pickup sound. This is just dumb that people can hear you do these actions. It makes sense that people can hear you switch weapons but not so much reloading and picking up ammo.
-Da lag in the killcam, DAT GOTSTA B FIXED BRO. GAME BREAKIN BRO.
-whitelist r_mode, r_aspectratio, and r_picmip and etc. WUD B GOOD.
-not sure if this is possible to fix but atm if you change your fov or fovscale it's only affects your weapon fov immediately and you have to die b4 it fully takes effect. WUD B GOOD 2.

Well those are all the suggestions I could think of, can't wait for xKModLIVE Big Grin

EDIT: Also whitelisting sv_clientsidebullets would be noice...
(08-03-2011, 17:14)Pyroh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2011, 17:05)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]nah I said that because you are now stealing cod4 promod's name to..

It's not like it's going to be completely devoid of any influence from arguably the best competetive mod ever. I mean that's just being unique for the sake of being unique. Obviously this isn't the most original mod but why not borrow ideas from the best? Smile

Also here's just a list of ideas for future versions of xKMod
-There is a bomb glitch which can definately be fixed, thread about it here http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showth...did=472552
-Optimize the DVAR enforcement system. Instead of r_blur being set to a high value if a DVAR were out of range you should just overlay a picture of the map load screen behind the text saying for the dvars to be forced. Additionally you could do something similar to cod4 promod where it repeatedly plays gunshot noises until the dvar is set back in range. At the moment if someone were to activate a simple lag script they could still run across an area and be hard to hit, so what would be good is make it so that the client couldn't move until they set their dvars back in range
-Demo playback. ATM you have very limited access while playing back a demo, e.g. if you click or do anything it goes back to the main menu. This should be fixable as it's prolly just shoddy coding
-A unified ruleset. This mod is becoming very popular but the community is still split. Making a unified rule set would help strengthen the already weak community.
-At the moment when the bomb timer hits 0 it means there is still 1 second left, this shouldn't be too hard to change.
-The list of DVARs which are set could be heavily optimized. Since the DVAR threads are executed onplayerconnect as far as I know then when anybody joins the server the dvar threads are executed for everyone, which is obviously unecessary. It would be better to just have 1 thread of DVARs which would be executed for just the client who connected and noone else. Additionally some people are having issues with things which are changeable in the config but not in game (r_znear). There's no point in having the dvar blocker tell the client to change r_znear to 3 since they can't in game. It would be better if it was just set when the client connects.
-Some commands which provide an advantage aren't enforced by the DVAR blocker in 2.9 (might be in xKModLIVE, dunno) such as sm_enable.
-From what i've heard some people are getting missing asset errors so you could have possibly removed too many assets. I've only heard of one person having that problem so they might just be weird Tongue
-Mini scoreboard. The mini scoreboard on the lower left should be removable if the client chooses to do so and also if possible you should try to fix the score going across the screen when roundlimit is enabled (NAHMEAN)
-the silent footsteps dvar you implemented isn't rly necessary, as most people like them on. It'd be better to just remove the dvar, but it's your mod Big Grin
-Changing the demo recording info location. As I'm sure you know the demo recording text atm is on the upper left and only partially viewable. Shouldn't be too hard to move it's location back to normal.
-Scope crosshair jitter. Sometimes when standing still the scopes crosshair jitters when unscoped. Only happens after moving around for a bit.
-An option for removing the +5/+3 as well as the "you killed player". It would be good if they were individiaully changeable, a good way to make it so the client could control the you killed message would be to make custom dvar such as g_killedtext and if it were set to 1000 then it would stay for 1000 miliseconds and if it were set to 0 then it wouldn't show up.
-Removing reload/ammo pickup sound. This is just dumb that people can hear you do these actions. It makes sense that people can hear you switch weapons but not so much reloading and picking up ammo.
-Da lag in the killcam, DAT GOTSTA B FIXED BRO. GAME BREAKIN BRO.
-whitelist r_mode, r_aspectratio, and r_picmip and etc. WUD B GOOD.
-not sure if this is possible to fix but atm if you change your fov or fovscale it's only affects your weapon fov immediately and you have to die b4 it fully takes effect. WUD B GOOD 2.

Well those are all the suggestions I could think of, can't wait for xKModLIVE Big Grin

+1

-And an custom IWD blocker !!!!
(08-03-2011, 21:28)tybr Wrote: [ -> ]+1

-And an custom IWD blocker !!!!

That too Wink
(08-03-2011, 17:14)Pyroh Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Pozzuh' pid='29972' dateline='1312387543']

removing ammo-pickup sound would be ok. but removing of reload- and weaponpickup-sounds would be pure nonsense
picking up ammo and reloading have to make a sound ! this isn't called a nuubmod, where people can step over droped weapons they don't see.

it has to be tactical where and when you reload your weapon and decide if you gonna make a sound while reloading or take the risk to kill the enemy with just 5 bullets left in your rifle.

is it possible to optimise the netcode with the modtools? everyone i know has often the feeling that bullets are missing or gone through an enemy without doing any dmg. maybe to optimize the hitboxes....this isn't possible with modtools isn't it? :/

or do you know the thing, that an enemy who strafejumps around a corner see and hit first everytime. yeah some people said this is part of the game, but in rl you can see each other at the same time and not.....you know what i mean ^^
(08-04-2011, 17:33)T3h vICE Wrote: [ -> ]picking up ammo and reloading have to make a sound ! this isn't called a nuubmod, where people can step over droped weapons they don't see.

it has to be tactical where and when you reload your weapon and decide if you gonna make a sound while reloading or take the risk to kill the enemy with just 5 bullets left in your rifle.

I just can Sign this. Especially for S&D its a extreme needed featuer that has to stay in the Mod. Without the Pick Up and Reload Sounds, the Mod would be a heavy inbalanced advantage for the offensive Teams in 1 on 1 situations.