ItsMods

Full Version: ProMod Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-12-2012, 23:24)Predje Wrote: [ -> ]Small question about timed messages, how many lines/characters can u add? Can u add different times between messages? How come it sometimes doesn't work at all?
Main reason for this is cause it seems the timed messages on our server work randomly sometimes they do but usually they don't Sad
Hi,

Timed message is a feature of the Server Addon itself so you need to ask @Nukem about that.
(02-13-2012, 11:02)fookaa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all...

Awesome mod m8 Big Grin

2 things..

I notice that if i leave my promod server and join a stock server with no server addon installed i still have the promod settings ?

So my question is as i have not tried it, what would happen if i joined a P2P normal ranked game ?? Would the settings remain there too ? And would that give players a VAC ban ??

The other thing is is there any way to add cl_maxpackets to this pluggin ? That would be awesome Big Grin
Yes, after leaving promod server settings will remain in p2p match and it will not get you banned.

Cl_maxpackets is forced to 100.
(02-13-2012, 12:17)zxz0O0 Wrote: [ -> ]Cl_maxpackets is forced to 100.

TY for the reply... Good to know...

On the maxpackets thing though, can that be added as a client adjustable setting ? Im not sure if its working tbh m8.

I always get a steady 25 - 30 ping in a London server with maxpackets on and i do in all other cod games.

On a stock server for MW3 i get 40 ping and i also get 40 ping in a promod server where you say maxpackets is forced to 100... It should drop my ping by 10-15 at least but its the same ?

Is it 100% working ?
(02-13-2012, 12:37)fookaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2012, 12:17)zxz0O0 Wrote: [ -> ]Cl_maxpackets is forced to 100.

TY for the reply... Good to know...

On the maxpackets thing though, can that be added as a client adjustable setting ? Im not sure if its working tbh m8.

I always get a steady 25 - 30 ping in a London server with maxpackets on and i do in all other cod games.

On a stock server for MW3 i get 40 ping and i also get 40 ping in a promod server where you say maxpackets is forced to 100... It should drop my ping by 10-15 at least but its the same ?

Is it 100% working ?
It was adjustable but I think it's more fair if everyone uses the same value. I will test again later if it changes the ping. Maybe you can give me your Steam ID (pm) so we can try it. But 40ping on a stock server is really nice.

(02-13-2012, 12:37)fookaa Wrote: [ -> ]TY for the reply... Good to know...

Is it 100% working ?

I got 40-50 on stock and 30-40 on unranked, my ping didn't change at all when i could still change the maxpackets
(02-13-2012, 13:46)Predje Wrote: [ -> ]I got 40-50 on stock and 30-40 on unranked, my ping didn't change at all when i could still change the maxpackets

Surely its not working then ? I always get a 10ms - 15ms ping reduction when i play with maxpackets on 100....

(02-13-2012, 12:59)zxz0O0 Wrote: [ -> ]It was adjustable but I think it's more fair if everyone uses the same value. I will test again later if it changes the ping. Maybe you can give me your Steam ID (pm) so we can try it. But 40ping on a stock server is really nice.

Yeah 40 is nice but i want 25 Big Grin

Steam addy is FooKaa if ya wanna test it any time ....
(02-13-2012, 14:13)fookaa Wrote: [ -> ]Surely its not working then ? I always get a 10ms - 15ms ping reduction when i play with maxpackets on 100....

was the same for me on black ops and cod4 maxpackets 10 gave me 30-40, maxpackets 100 gave me the same so dunno

got this in data.log:

[16:20:54] EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address 0x5456AC

and this in console.log:

[16:20:12] System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Addon.CPlugin.SetClientDvar(Int32 ClientNum, String DvarMessage)

at MW3_ProMod.Class1.OnPlayerConnectDvars(Object svClient)

then server crash.
hello.

is it possible to change the author information every 25 sec to a other message...

good for server owners for there advertising or server informations!

Please add that feature to use it like a motd.txt!
(02-13-2012, 18:29)asphyx Wrote: [ -> ]hello.

is it possible to change the author information every 25 sec to a other message...

good for server owners for there advertising or server informations!

Please add that feature to use it like a motd.txt!

Why don't you use timedmessage?
I dunno what people are talking about expecting lower ping with higher max packets... That makes no sense. Your ping should go higher when u have higher max packets.