ItsMods

Full Version: General Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jariz, (rate != score) = true Sad
i did a fresh install of my server and just installed addon and tested server for 15mins and no crash before did fresh install of server was crashing in 10mins every time
I've tried to run my server with the addon but my server won't even start anymore.
I know that the d3d9l or something similar to that's been placed in the root folder is causing the problem. when I delete this file, it will still start. I couldn't find any solution. 2 guys had like a similar problem and you said the dll file would be corrupt but I've downloaded it about 6 times now.

Have you tried making sure everything is up-to-date?
Yap downloaded it several times

Are there any crash logs/dumps? If so, post them (on pastebin)
Nope, server won't do anything when I try to start it, just keep saying it's offline

Do you know when or where this occurs?
the d3d9.dll or something is causing it

Do you know how to solve this?
Nope, else I wouldn't post this Smile

Have you tried removing all of your plugins?
Yep, folder is empty

I've also thought that I should apply the linux fix to the server but I'm not allowed to replace the 2 files, not with a ftp client nor the build-in FTP on the website.
So my question is: Is my server crashing because I've to apply the linux patch, and if yes, is this legal so I can ask my server provider to switch the executable files because it's from a friend and I"d rather not waste his money.

Thanks in advance
game updated any solution for now.
(02-02-2012, 18:28)Vaxi Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to run my server with the addon but my server won't even start anymore.
I know that the d3d9l or something similar to that's been placed in the root folder is causing the problem. when I delete this file, it will still start. I couldn't find any solution. 2 guys had like a similar problem and you said the dll file would be corrupt but I've downloaded it about 6 times now.

Yap downloaded it several times

Nope, server won't do anything when I try to start it, just keep saying it's offline

the d3d9.dll or something is causing it

Nope, else I wouldn't post this Smile

Yep, folder is empty

I've also thought that I should apply the linux fix to the server but I'm not allowed to replace the 2 files, not with a ftp client nor the build-in FTP on the website.
So my question is: Is my server crashing because I've to apply the linux patch, and if yes, is this legal so I can ask my server provider to switch the executable files because it's from a friend and I"d rather not waste his money.

Thanks in advance

Have you checked if the server provider has the Visual Studio 2008 redistributable installed?
Aside from that I could only think it would crash (without a log) because the server itself is not updated...have you tried connecting to it without the addon installed?

The last thing you can try is re-installing the server because that has fixed the problems for a few users, but it is not suggested.

(02-02-2012, 20:30)yamraj Wrote: [ -> ]game updated any solution for now.

The file
Code:
/zone/english/patch_mp.ff
has only updated. If you're hosting a server although you might want to update this file.
OMFG ive been asking for weeks how the fuck do i get plguins to work my plugins folder is there with plugins in it but thye dont fucking load... ive redownloaded server addon and plugins tryed everything wtf do i do server addon maker?!!?
(02-03-2012, 08:01)blackopz2 Wrote: [ -> ]OMFG ive been asking for weeks how the fuck do i get plguins to work my plugins folder is there with plugins in it but thye dont fucking load... ive redownloaded server addon and plugins tryed everything wtf do i do server addon maker?!!?
Calm down

Can you reproduce the error? If so, how?

(02-02-2012, 20:34)Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]The file
Code:
/zone/english/patch_mp.ff
has only updated. If you're hosting a server although you might want to update this file.
ok thank you..!!Heart

Nvm finally got it to work

EDIT: OMFG i had everything working now the plugins work but ive set everything and now my server doesnt even show on lan or internet list...........
Server just goes to not responding and freezes then i got to restart it
Hi have to say thanks to all that made the plugins and nukem as well.

But i have hit a slight problem. Ever since i have installed a plugin the timedmessages.txt doesn't load anyone know how to get that back. I am only running 1 plugin which is the Ingame RCON tool plugin.

If not can someone help me make a plugin to just load the file and run it. Thank you in advance!