ItsMods

Full Version: General Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-30-2012, 19:48)kokole Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2012, 09:15)Bazza Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, have only ever ran servers with GameServers or Hypernia so please excuse me being a nub at this. Firstly I take it this is not possible for a rented game servers server? Secondly if someone could give me some advice on how to get a rented server to run this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

You dont need to rent a server. You can do it for free.

Again, another statement not related to the question what so ever

If you want to run this on a rented server you will have to contact the owner (unless if you have FTP access to server files) to place the addon in the server's directory. There are a few hosting companies that I've seen where they let this be installed.
(01-29-2012, 09:15)Bazza Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, have only ever ran servers with GameServers or Hypernia so please excuse me being a nub at this. Firstly I take it this is not possible for a rented game servers server? Secondly if someone could give me some advice on how to get a rented server to run this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

if you go with people that won't allow modification the this is not possible

if your after a uk server give mine a try www.vivahosting.co.uk addition plugins installed upon request.
hey 1 problem i got everything working except my plugins dont run i got speed plugin and special permission plugin and both dont appear when i open server addon but dvar list and everything works except plugins? any idea how to fix it? thnx in advance
(01-30-2012, 02:36)WW_Orion Wrote: [ -> ]Earlier, I noticed in a clients server that there was messages referring to the DLC maps, Park and Overwatch, not being found and it crashing the server.
That could be part of the * server.

Maybe the latest patch was preparing the game for the DLC release...
I am also getting Server crashes saying it couldn't load mp_park. someone figure this out plz Thanks
(01-31-2012, 09:54)Tylerd86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2012, 02:36)WW_Orion Wrote: [ -> ]Earlier, I noticed in a clients server that there was messages referring to the DLC maps, Park and Overwatch, not being found and it crashing the server.
That could be part of the * server.

Maybe the latest patch was preparing the game for the DLC release...
I am also getting Server crashes saying it couldn't load mp_park. someone figure this out plz Thanks

You need to remove the wildcard in your playlist file. Using * will crash the server, since it includes the dlc maps. You should use: mp_dome, mp_alpha etc.
My server does not work for a week.
I have updated and then stopped working.
Not actuated at all.
The rotation is ok, moreover, the server worked before without problems.
window pops up:
"HandleException
A crashdump has been written to:
addon\MDUMP-2012-01-31-13-05.dmp
See log for more information."
logs is not because the server is not at all fires.
and these files. dmp did not want to play.
After removing the addon, plugins, etc.
The server is running.
So why does not my addon?
I have had enough.
Put this in a .bat file to let it autorestart.

BAT Code
  1. @echo off
  2. cls
  3. echo Protecting iw5mp_server from crashes...
  4. echo If you want to close the server and this script, close the server window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
  5. title iw5mp_server Watchdog
  6. :iw5mp_server
  7. echo (%time%) iw5mp_server.exe started.
  8. start /wait path_to_i5mp_server.exe
  9. echo (%time%) WARNING: iw5mp_server.exe closed or crashed, restarting.
  10. goto iw5mp_server

EDIT: oh, this will not work since the server does not crash and gives a popup. @Nukem fix that
[Image: 9ayw6rak.png] Sad
Not sure if this is really Server Addon related, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Getting daily emails from a client renting one of our servers with the Server Addon running. They're getting loads of hackers, a few daily. Everytime, apparently, they try to ban them, it doesn't ban the hacker and bans a random innocent from the server.

Anyone else having this problem on their server?
Is there a way for a hack enabled player to deflect a ban/kick from themself, like the ol' namechanger days? Thoughts?

ps Sorry if this is the wrong forum - This is the most active thus most likely to get feedback.
(01-31-2012, 17:37)WW_Orion Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is really Server Addon related, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Getting daily emails from a client renting one of our servers with the Server Addon running. They're getting loads of hackers, a few daily. Everytime, apparently, they try to ban them, it doesn't ban the hacker and bans a random innocent from the server.

Anyone else having this problem on their server?
Is there a way for a hack enabled player to deflect a ban/kick from themself, like the ol' namechanger days? Thoughts?

ps Sorry if this is the wrong forum - This is the most active thus most likely to get feedback.

I don't think this is caused by the addon. The hackers probably use some sort of name change hack that quickly changes their name every time you try to ban them. Tell your clients that they need to ban the hackers via ID instead of using the name.

I might be wrong though, there could be something wrong in the addon, but you'll have to wait for @Nukem to respond to hear about that.