ItsMods

Full Version: General Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'd always do it via id
(01-31-2012, 17:37)WW_Orion Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is really Server Addon related, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Getting daily emails from a client renting one of our servers with the Server Addon running. They're getting loads of hackers, a few daily. Everytime, apparently, they try to ban them, it doesn't ban the hacker and bans a random innocent from the server.

Anyone else having this problem on their server?
Is there a way for a hack enabled player to deflect a ban/kick from themself, like the ol' namechanger days? Thoughts?

ps Sorry if this is the wrong forum - This is the most active thus most likely to get feedback.

If the server is ranked and is using RCon, it breaks/screws up even without the addon so this is just an IW problem. (Once I typed 'status' and it said usage: kickClient <etc>)

I suggest they use a RCon plugin instead.

@choppson are you using a batch file to run the server? Otherwise are you using a shortcut? You checked that all files are in place? Have you run the updater? I need more information than a picture.

@SuperNovaAO

Code:
[DEBUG]
ExceptionLogging=0
Cheers everyone. Appreciate it.
They said they're doing it via client ID but I'm not sure if they actually are.
<3
Hi there!

I'm using linux, with wine, I've succesfully installed the addon with the linux fix, everything seems ok, no error messages and the status screen shows that the addon was loadaed, but if I try I can't connect to the server. The MW3client sais connection timed out and if I look for the connections.log or else, I don't see that I've tried to connect to it. If I'm using the original files I can connect without any errors. Is it possible that this problem related that I'm using many IP-s on that system, and I have to use the +set net_ip <ip> connector in the command line?

Thanks!
(02-01-2012, 14:51)alien4ster Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I'm using linux, with wine, I've succesfully installed the addon with the linux fix, everything seems ok, no error messages and the status screen shows that the addon was loadaed, but if I try I can't connect to the server. The MW3client sais connection timed out and if I look for the connections.log or else, I don't see that I've tried to connect to it. If I'm using the original files I can connect without any errors. Is it possible that this problem related that I'm using many IP-s on that system, and I have to use the +set net_ip <ip> connector in the command line?

Thanks!

How are you connecting to the server; via the dedicated server list or by the LAN menu?
(01-31-2012, 20:27)Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2012, 17:37)WW_Orion Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is really Server Addon related, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Getting daily emails from a client renting one of our servers with the Server Addon running. They're getting loads of hackers, a few daily. Everytime, apparently, they try to ban them, it doesn't ban the hacker and bans a random innocent from the server.

Anyone else having this problem on their server?
Is there a way for a hack enabled player to deflect a ban/kick from themself, like the ol' namechanger days? Thoughts?

ps Sorry if this is the wrong forum - This is the most active thus most likely to get feedback.

If the server is ranked and is using RCon, it breaks/screws up even without the addon so this is just an IW problem. (Once I typed 'status' and it said usage: kickClient <etc>)

I suggest they use a RCon plugin instead.

@choppson are you using a batch file to run the server? Otherwise are you using a shortcut? You checked that all files are in place? Have you run the updater? I need more information than a picture.

@SuperNovaAO

Code:
[DEBUG]
ExceptionLogging=0

Ehm..
The server is not working on my Computer.
I using a Server at Nitrado.
and i dont know D:
Sorry..
But all filey in place.
And the updater...
If i use the updater in the folder where it is (not in the server folder) and i press Update (or anything like that), nothing happens..
And if i upload it to the FTP-Server i cant run it.
(02-01-2012, 15:08)Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2012, 14:51)alien4ster Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

Thanks!

How are you connecting to the server; via the dedicated server list or by the LAN menu?

Steam / servers / add a server / connect
In here I can query the server without problem, than I click connect, game shows up, connecting to steam is succes, than coming the "connecting..." window, and after a while comes the error message (server connection timed out) but still from the steam's server list I can query it.
(02-01-2012, 15:21)alien4ster Wrote: [ -> ]Steam / servers / add a server / connect
In here I can query the server without problem, than I click connect, game shows up, connecting to steam is succes, than coming the "connecting..." window, and after a while comes the error message (server connection timed out) but still from the steam's server list I can query it.

I'm not sure about the steam server browser, but have you tried the ingame dedicated server list?
If you could post the command line for the server that would help too.
(02-01-2012, 15:26)Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure about the steam server browser, but have you tried the ingame dedicated server list?

I've tried from ingame, same happens, I can query, but can't connect. I'm using the following command line setup:
+set net_ip <ip> +set sv_config server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_masterServerPort 29030 +set net_queryPort 29031 +set net_authPort 8766 +set net_port 27022 +set sv_maxclients <max_players> +set sv_maprotation "default" +start_map_rotate

The ports are opened through the firewall.
(02-01-2012, 15:33)alien4ster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2012, 15:26)Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure about the steam server browser, but have you tried the ingame dedicated server list?

I've tried from ingame, same happens, I can query, but can't connect. I'm using the following command line setup:
+set net_ip <ip> +set sv_config server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_masterServerPort 29030 +set net_queryPort 29031 +set net_authPort 8766 +set net_port 27022 +set sv_maxclients <max_players> +set sv_maprotation "default" +start_map_rotate

The ports are opened through the firewall.

No problem with your Addon, I've wrong! I've a dead session on port 29031, that probably blocked the connect, but without the addon it just connected, maybe with the fixed exe the port reserve is more strict. Thanks for your reply!
1. Sometimes the server crashes with the following error:
Quote:WIN_OUT_OF_MEM_BODY
"Out of memory error. You are probably low on hard disk space."
This is hardly a problem Nukem, but can anyone come across. What could be the reason?
XP SP3 x86, 2 GB RAM, 4 GB pagefile, 5 GB free on server drive.

2. I really want to add a command !rank on my server. However, I need at least one of these tools:
a) event OnHomicide (it would be ideal);
b) the ability to know the score of each player at any time.
Nukem, I hope very much to you.