ItsMods

Full Version: ArmA 2 - DayZ mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
the devs themself warn about this Smile

arma 2 leans most on pure CPU though..

where you might easily host 4 BF3 64 slot servers on a machine, it could easily choke on a 40 player arma2 server Smile
We will see, this server has decent hardware which are an absolute overkill for webhosting. The only real limitation I have for hosting gameservers is the bandwidth which will almost certainly not be a problem for a Day Z server.
(06-16-2012, 00:58)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if there is a stable Linux (CentOS x64) server without any major memory-leaks (runnable without any major memory leaks for at least 2 hours in a row; then I could do an auto-restart to fix anything like this by the OS) I could install one server on itsmods.com

If the server fails like Minecraft (insane memoryleakage on Linux JVM (from 2 to 6 GB ram (max. memory usage set to 4 GB, wtf) in only a few hours)) I will not bother installing it.

For the server files you need to contact the developer here. The next DayZ patch has the newest arma 2 beta patch required, which doesn't seem to be available for linux.

(06-16-2012, 01:15)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]We will see, this server has decent hardware which are an absolute overkill for webhosting. The only real limitation I have for hosting gameservers is the bandwidth which will almost certainly not be a problem for a Day Z server.

The devs have stated that you need at least 1TB/month bandwidth to host a DayZ server.
dayz syncs alot of data with the main server and has awfull netcode
(06-16-2012, 07:03)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]which doesn't seem to be available for linux.

tldr the dev is retarded.
Already thought something like that after reading some of his forum posts.
GO MAKE THIS SERVER, I WANT PLANT MY TENT. Troll
(06-16-2012, 14:49)Romuald27 Wrote: [ -> ]GO MAKE THIS SERVER, I WANT PLANT MY TENT. Troll

Some random bandit fag will steal it, doesn't matter what server.
(06-16-2012, 15:34)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2012, 14:49)Romuald27 Wrote: [ -> ]GO MAKE THIS SERVER, I WANT PLANT MY TENT. Troll

Some random bandit fag will steal it, doesn't matter what server.

Also the one good thing the dev did besides creating the mod is now banning all script kiddies. This greatly reduced the part where you get random nuked a lot.
Now just make a stable dedicated Linux server.
It isn't the mod dev's fault that there are no linux beta servers. The current arma2oa client beta, and windows server build is 93825 while the current linux server build is 93400.

Btw, I recommend installing the client beta build. It's backwards compatible, and it fixes loads of bugs, the main fix being direct communication. With direct com. you can voice/text chat with players close to you (40m) which is really awesome.

also

Watch that, and support https youtube links please.
@SuperNovaAO I hope you will activate BattlEye on your server.
I don't want be killed by a fucking cheater in a helicopter Troll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21