ItsMods

Full Version: ArmA 2 - DayZ mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Nah, I'm a Steamfag, I praise Gaben, I buy all my games on Steam, or at least all the CDKeys I buy have to be activatable on Steam.

(and even if ArmA2 will be on sale in the summer: the links I posted are probably still cheaper than Steam when it's on sale.)
I tend to reinstall my gamepc's and servers alot so steam is also my main place for games (38 games on my account, 4 on the gameserveraccount, 16 on the misses's account)
Code:
HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
        * dayz_code        1.7.1.5
        * dayz_equip    1.3.3
        * dayz_weapons    1.3.2

Developer's Note:
        * A designation of [NEW] doesn't necessarily mean a new feature, 4chan, it means a change in operation not directly related to a bug. Could be for better performance or rebalancing.

Changelog:
        * [NEW]        Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
        * [FIXED]    Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
        * [FIXED]    Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
        * [FIXED]    Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
        * [NEW]        Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
        * [FIXED]    Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
        * [FIXED]    Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
        * [FIXED]    Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
        * [FIXED]    Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
        * [FIXED]    Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
        * [FIXED]    Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
        * [FIXED]    Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
        * [REVERT]    Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
        * [NEW]        Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
        * [NEW]        New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
        * [FIXED]    Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
        * [FIXED]    Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
        * [FIXED]    Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)
Nice.
SuperNovaAO Wrote:When you spawn in 1.7.1.1: Run around the coast until you see some buildings or city signs. (or know the map).

Then check http://i.imgur.com/ZmQMJ.jpg to find a valuable place. Take your gun. Done.

The pistol is not necessary for survival. You can easily outrun zombies.

This game does not need cheats. I must admit I started to use cheats after 30 minutes of gameplay myself but it was too easy and destroyed the game for me. I am now playing legit and it is more fun (since some hours of fun by destroying the game for others is not fun anymore now).

Also if you have no idea, check out the tutorials at dayzwiki.com
Why did you quote that?
Not your usual style.
Yeah, usually I don't start playing 30 minutes legit. Just did here because I lost all my old ArmA 2 stuff and just wanted to see what the hype was about.
I was such a bad person yesterday. I was playng with a friend, we met up in chero, looted the entire city. He got a revolver with like 5 mags, I got a remmington shotgun with plenty of ammo.
Then we went to the supermarket and found 2 guys, they were nice to use, didn't kill us, didn't even threaten us. I asked my friends if we should kill them, he said no. I kept worrying, I thought they wanted to kill us. Then all of a sudden my friend is like "3...2...1..." meanwhile I'm screaming "NO NO NO NO". I hear a revolver shoot *oh god oh god oh god* the first guy dies, the second guy shoots me, legs broken, can't stand up. He runs inside, I'm screaming like a bitch to my friend. I die. SILENCE. My friend isn't saying anything, I ask what he's doing. He died. WHAT THE FUCK.
WE KILLED HIS FRIEND, WE BOTH DIED, HE GOT OUR STUFF. Well, karma evened out for him. I feel really bad though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21