• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scumbag IW.
Well basically, I was talking to @TheSchitt about IW's position on modding and this is my conclusion

We keep:
  • Making the game more fun
  • Fixing stuff
  • Motivating people to buy the game
  • Making people play the game (even years after release)
    (sidenote: Look at X7's zombie server and @met94's PTK server. They've got 24 slots and are completely filled. every day.)
  • Keep making the game fresh.

Yet:
  • We keep being treaded as 'hackers'
  • IW creates some kind of system that makes it impossible to mod, which is, clearly done on purpose

Do I play COD because I like the 'normal' gameplay? No!
I can have all kinds of 'games' in just one game and KEEP PLAYING IT FOR YEARS.
Bottomline is: Why don't they just release modtools? The community will make your game being played and enjoyed by lots of gamers, even years after release.
It's also a big motive for people to buy the game. I bought skyrim because it had modding support.
I still think modding is one of the hugest advantages for PC gamers, and I don't get how hard it is for game developers to add such features.
Besides, modding has changed into something much more acceptable:
Look at steam workshop for example. You just click at something you want in your game, and the next time you start the game it's added to your game by just the click of a button.
I still respect the shit out of Treyarch and I hope they won't adopt IW's behaviour on this.
Valve/Bethesda did a great job on this, now it's your turn IW/Treyarch to gives a modtools like in COD4

tl;dr we make their game better, we enjoy doing it and we do it for free.
Yet we keep being treated as shit....

/rant

edit: I apologize if I made any mistakes, Please respect these mistakes and just simply point them out to me.
[Image: fuck_yeah.png]
LOL
Man so much truth.. IW/Trey if they don't release mod tools [Image: Teh-Stupid-Hurts-Mah-Brain.jpg]
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
Treyarch did a good job with black ops, yet never any 'full' modtools were released.
We never were able to create our own sounds and maps...
Yeah I know I want to start messing with games when I'm learning more stuff in college this summer. Awesome
I want @SparkyMcSparks in this thread just to hear his opinion on this
I like the MW3 gameplay but yes, modding tools will make the game better on PC.
I wonder if consoles will ever get as much as we do on PC..
When do you realize that they simple don't care about pc players? Console kiddies will buy the game anyway. Their pc forum is full with topics about cheaters and other stuff, IW doesn't give a shit about it, they just created a steam group IW_Enforcers to "report" cheaters Dumb Bitch
[Image: azuw.jpg]
I basically agree with you on everything here but

"(sidenote: Look at X7's zombie server and @met94's PTK server. They've got 24 slots and are completely filled. every day.)`
Really doesn't show that mods are played years after release. In cod2 there are still servers filled with people playing the eXtreme mod and PAM (competitive plugin). Same as with cod4, where Promod and ROTU are still played daily.
For publishers there are also downsides for modding, which you didn't mention.
- Less people would buy DLC
- They lose control over content, they don't get to control what the players play

Also if you really want to support modding, you would buy Skyrim and Arma 2 http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-News...Z-mod.html
as well: portal 2, cs go
[Image: MaEIQ.png]