Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scumbag IW.
(05-13-2012, 13:03)kokole Wrote: http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...7-413.html
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...m-aIW.html

Removed the NoRecoil cheat. Never saw it and apparently the other mods didn't see it either.

The texture thing is not a cheat. It's a skin which does not give you any advantage at all. You still have to see people yourself, you still don't know if someone is dead or just prone, you still don't see them through walls, you still don't magically give headshots.

(05-13-2012, 17:55)SuperNovaAO Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 13:03)kokole Wrote: http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...7-413.html

Removed the NoRecoil cheat. Never saw it and apparently the other mods didn't see it either.

The texture thing is not a cheat. It's a skin which does not give you any advantage at all. You still have to see people yourself, you still don't know if someone is dead or just prone, you still don't see them through walls, you still don't magically give headshots.

Wether it's a cheat or not is debateable, however it definitely does give a big advantage. If you're using enemy skins with pink textures and you're sniping for example, you will see when enemies appear from windows etc across the whole map without scoping in. Whereas in most cases you would need to be scoped in to even notice somebodies head pop up from a window. That is an obvious advantage.

Not to mention enemies that are moving behind thick foliage. Without a texture hack you may or may not see them, with a pink texture any regular derper would notice a person moving behind thick foliage.

There is not a single FPS where I have trouble spotting people (especially in the CoD series it's particularly easy). Fix your eyes and don't complain about people using skins (whether it's a Teletubby skin or something else).

(05-13-2012, 20:15)Madnesslink5 Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 17:55)SuperNovaAO Wrote:

Wether it's a cheat or not is debateable, however it definitely does give a big advantage. If you're using enemy skins with pink textures and you're sniping for example, you will see when enemies appear from windows etc across the whole map without scoping in. Whereas in most cases you would need to be scoped in to even notice somebodies head pop up from a window. That is an obvious advantage.

Not to mention enemies that are moving behind thick foliage. Without a texture hack you may or may not see them, with a pink texture any regular derper would notice a person moving behind thick foliage.

This is idiotic to say that texture modifying is cheat or anything. yes, it gives you advantage. but what now, you will call modded controllers "cheats"? Just one mark on screen at very center so it is more easy to aim in hardcore - "cheat"? Idk, using UAV (yeah, this gives your team an ADVANTAGE!!11) - "cheat"?

This is just like you repaint yellow wall to blue wall. This is absolutely HONEST AND LEGIT, k?
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]

I'm not saying it's a cheat, but they do give a big advantage. If I had a texture pack installed and could be bothered I'd make a screenshot to show how fucking wrong you are SuperNova. I don't care how near perfect you seem to think your eyes are, there would definitely have been times where you would have seen an enemy, (or more often, seen an enemy quicker) if you were using a brightly coloured texture as opposed to regular camo.

IMO you just destroy your own game by using these skins since they destroy the awesome graphics this game utilizes.

(05-13-2012, 22:57)Madnesslink5 Wrote: I'm not saying it's a cheat, but they do give a big advantage. If I had a texture pack installed and could be bothered I'd make a screenshot to show how fucking wrong you are SuperNova. I don't care how near perfect you seem to think your eyes are, there would definitely have been times where you would have seen an enemy, (or more often, seen an enemy quicker) if you were using a brightly coloured texture as opposed to regular camo.

Let's delete all kinds of weapons and leave only worst one (because all people without this worst gun have a big advantage. Let's delete all killstreaks from the game, because it gives a big advantage. Let's delete all maps and fight just inside a box made of stone - just floor, walls and ceiling -> because normal maps have different spots and campers have a big advantage. Also, let us kick all players with ping less than 100 because they have a big advantage. And also make the game run with only ONE kind of processor, GFX card etc because with better card or any rig player gets a big advantage.

ITT: a big advantage a big advantage a big advantage a big advantage a big advantage

Ontopic: A texture hack is a big advantage, obviously.
You can name all kinds off (dis)advantages but it all won't be as big as a texture hack

Texture replacement

G-Man your recent post has no relevance. `Texture replacement` as you like to call it, is not intended to be in the game, am I right? (This is the reason why the files have to be crc fixed or whatever it is, so it is same size as original or something right?) Weapons, ping, processor and all other nonsense you mentioned is just a matter of choice or what you have available, nothing to do with something that's built into the game or not. If the game developers ever state that using texture hacks is acceptable then I will accept it being fair to use them, however they give obvious big advantages and it's a clear modification of the game that the majority of players arn't aware of, and that AFAIK is not intended by developers (on un-modded servers this is), thus making it it an unfair hack IMO.