Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scumbag IW.
Nice thread, the only thing I will tell you:
Even if FULL modtools will be released, that will be not because of us, since IW does not care. COD is most popular game (judging by sold copies) ever and they do not care about some modders, who promise them better game and more clients.
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]

black ops'es mod tools is not good and not bad... ( i meant there are small limit for assets ( in cod4 i can add >30 models and it will work @ all maps. In bo i cant add more than 30, else it will be crashed ))
but anyways, thanks for mod tools.
and yea, why IW "blocks" players in modding?
I think current problems, why they're not making mod tools, are:
- " Y U NO 10th prestige??? "
- DLC maps can be "hacked", like black ops
- etc
Or they're don't want game with hackers? oh man
Conclussion: Dumb Bitch iw
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

@jaydi the asset limit has to do with the engine, not with the mod tools
'10th prestige' is because of mw2 modding
You should have never released the DLC 'hack' mod
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

(05-02-2012, 07:25)Pozzuh Wrote: I basically agree with you on everything here but

"(sidenote: Look at X7's zombie server and @met94's PTK server. They've got 24 slots and are completely filled. every day.)`
Really doesn't show that mods are played years after release. In cod2 there are still servers filled with people playing the eXtreme mod and PAM (competitive plugin). Same as with cod4, where Promod and ROTU are still played daily.
For publishers there are also downsides for modding, which you didn't mention.
- Less people would buy DLC
- They lose control over content, they don't get to control what the players play

Also if you really want to support modding, you would buy Skyrim and Arma 2 http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-News...Z-mod.html
as well: portal 2, cs go

the second problem can be solved by "whitelist", yes the same as in Killing Floor. they only whitelist proper things, and if modders make a remake of a dlc they dont whitelist it. if they whitelist it it can be played + level progression. if they greylist it they can play it but no level progression. if is blacklisted then the people cant play the mod.

Haven't played Killing Floor, but that sounds good. The one problem with that is though there need to be people checking new mod releases day by day.
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

@Pozzuh Friend of mine has Arma 2 and I played around with it before, however i'm waiting for the new arma to come out which shouldn't take that long anymore Tongue
And yes I understand these points, altough the 'loosing control' part doesn't really matter if you ask me, I just see that as a good thing.
@g-man I'm not talking about 'just' the modders, i'm talking about the advantages for both gamers, developers and modders

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN
IW blocks (most of the) clientdvars while all stat editors and aimbots etc remain undetected....
The fuck did we ever do wrong to you, IW?

I will here by end all my projects I had with this horrible piece of shit game.
What bad did we, modders, ever do to you? Don't you have other shit to focus on then trying to stop us from doing what we love?
Get your fucking shit straight IW.....

Sounds like someone is Fuu

Also, we should remove all hacks from this forum as well.
and with hacks i'm referring to 'stat editors' and all that bullcrap.
We completely fucked our own reputation by creating such tools, and now we need to feel the consequences....

'consequences' being IW trying to stop everything that even changes the game a little bit from it's original experience

not to mention our great xp boost servers back in the day.... (referencing to a few months ago)

(05-12-2012, 21:31)JariZ Wrote: AND HERE WE GO AGAIN
IW blocks (most of the) clientdvars while all stat editors and aimbots etc remain undetected....
The fuck did we ever do wrong to you, IW?

I will here by end all my projects I had with this horrible piece of shit game.
What bad did we, modders, ever do to you? Don't you have other shit to focus on then trying to stop us from doing what we love?
Get your fucking shit straight IW.....

^ the reason i reget getting mw3 , also why i dont touch the pice of shit nor try to slap mods out of a game thats not worth it , We have to power to change this , just dont buy there shity games , No legit modtools = not buying, as they can just get sick off server addon's and kill them over night lol as there a "hack" ,
why pour effoft into something that get's broken each update and half the time it feels like they brake your shiz on purpose lol GG iw GG