• 14 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
[Release] Protect the King
lol fail
Some notes on the game

Dual pistols are horrible, a pain in the bum to use, anyway of just skipping this and go straight to shotgun.

Mosin is poor, is there anyway to have something like an enfield instead? something with rapid fire, perhaps at a cost of hitting power?
Ninja with knives, not very ninja like is it when you've got to hit people twice, sometimes 3 times, can we just skip this (or increase the speed) or spawn with a a gun? perhaps with limited ammo? or something like I saw on another server. You have a ballistic knife, if you aim and fire you zoom to that location and if the aim is good enough a kill., perhaps something like instead of a simple knife?

Any chance of giving a pistol with a sniper scope to ninja or a guard(let guard keep it!)

Can ninja have scavenger? The amount of times ninja looking around the floors for tomahawks isn't very ninja like.

The purchase of weapons, can we just have ray, chain gun, grim reaper and pyro. Perhaps the cost of pyro as less

I'm rather liking the new extras the guards get (motion sensor, blocker etc)

Anyway to improve some maps like Havana. While there are 1 or two places to camp as king, there are many shots coming through the walls is there anyway to reduce this?
(08-06-2011, 22:48)niffy Wrote: Some notes on the game

Dual pistols are horrible, a pain in the bum to use, anyway of just skipping this and go straight to shotgun. |Dual Pistol is good|

Mosin is poor, is there anyway to have something like an enfield instead?|Its not Poor its 1-2 shot kills| something with rapid fire, perhaps at a cost of hitting power?
Ninja with knives, not very ninja like is it when you've got to hit people twice, sometimes 3 times, can we just skip this (or increase the speed) or spawn with a a gun? perhaps with limited ammo? or something like I saw on another server. You have a ballistic knife, if you aim and fire you zoom to that location and if the aim is good enough a kill., perhaps something like instead of a simple knife?|Bad Ideas|

Any chance of giving a pistol with a sniper scope to ninja or a guard(let guard keep it!) |Hum, mosing with scope and l96a1 for ninja tahts ok|

Can ninja have scavenger? The amount of times ninja looking around the floors for tomahawks isn't very ninja like. |You Have Guns|

The purchase of weapons, can we just have ray, chain gun, grim reaper and pyro. Perhaps the cost of pyro as less |WTF|

I'm rather liking the new extras the guards get (motion sensor, blocker etc) |They Do Get Those|

Anyway to improve some maps like Havana. While there are 1 or two places to camp as king, there are many shots coming through the walls is there anyway to reduce this? |Camping is for noobs|

Hi,
I'm having some problems with the protect the king mod.. Mod runs but only for 1 minute,, I have looked for the round time settting and cannot find it. If some one could point me in the right direction.

i installed the v1 pack, Doesn't seem to have a config file

We have this setup on our unranked server with gameservers.com, If that makes a difference.

Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated..
Give shruikens and katanas.
(08-09-2011, 19:09)OleRedNeck Wrote: Hi,
I'm having some problems with the protect the king mod.. Mod runs but only for 1 minute,, I have looked for the round time settting and cannot find it. If some one could point me in the right direction.

We have this setup on our unranked server with gameservers.com, If that makes a difference.

Anyone Help Me?? please.. i have tried the rcon to setup time and it just does not pick it up.. Other than it only running for 1 minute it works fine.. Please Help if you know a solution.. =-) HuhIdea
(08-10-2011, 12:39)OleRedNeck Wrote:

Anyone Help Me?? please.. i have tried the rcon to setup time and it just does not pick it up.. Other than it only running for 1 minute it works fine.. Please Help if you know a solution.. =-) HuhIdea

If there're no min players, game will switch to next map. You plus 3 botz i think will start but is better that you will be the King, for unranked server there's another config.
Support mod developer and he will happy to help you, maybe if you are luky he will give you latest version or set server config for you ......

You cant change time, is bind into mod, set only properly gametype with rcon.
Ty for the reply.. I have sent Eekhoorn a pm and explained my problem. Hopefully he will give me a hand on getting this running correctly.. Question.. How to get mod support from dev.? Is it another thread?

(08-10-2011, 13:24)Gladio Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 12:39)OleRedNeck Wrote:

If there're no min players, game will switch to next map. You plus 3 botz i think will start but is better that you will be the King, for unranked server there's another config.
Support mod developer and he will happy to help you, maybe if you are luky he will give you latest version or set server config for you ......

You cant change time, is bind into mod, set only properly gametype with rcon.

Are there going to be any updates?
(08-23-2011, 15:48)niffy Wrote: Are there going to be any updates?

Yes, there are alot of updates since last release, you can join our official Protect the King server to see for yourself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help how to write protect memory? reavenz 5 3,889 12-15-2012, 01:52
Last Post: Gam3rr0rZ
  Plugin request: Little Icon (defend,protect,plant) igp_gio 5 3,752 11-05-2012, 13:54
Last Post: raminr63
  [Release] King of the Hill v1 SparkyMcSparks 40 16,765 10-25-2011, 17:13
Last Post: OrangePL
  IM DA KING!!!!11!!!1! Arteq 4 2,727 08-17-2011, 15:35
Last Post: 4FunPlayin
  King is... iBanana 5 3,114 07-19-2011, 00:51
Last Post: JariZ
  Preview Protect the King v2,6b8 VIDEO Eekhoorn 7 4,217 06-28-2011, 21:37
Last Post: warhawk
  New Release King Arthur Collection, 50% off Steam 0 2,834 05-25-2011, 00:02
Last Post: Steam
  Preview Protect the King [EPICNESS] Eekhoorn 10 6,147 03-03-2011, 12:29