Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Release Cyborg's AI Survival Beta v0.22
(09-18-2011, 21:05)DanesDK Wrote: Sure.. we have put in bots with Death Machine, Grim Reaper, Rocket Launcer ect.. and thats fun, and they are pretty hard to beat..
And the bots have been made smarter than normal, and they do anything to not get killed.. We have also given them more than one
weapon. So if they run out of bullets, they will use the other weapon. Plus if a bot gets hurt, other bots tryed to revive him..

So, its super cool, but very hard.

I would love to to have bots in my game to be able to revive their teammates ..so can anyone here show me how to code that!?

Many thanks

(09-19-2011, 05:58)Alpha_One Wrote:
(09-18-2011, 21:05)DanesDK Wrote: Sure.. we have put in bots with Death Machine, Grim Reaper, Rocket Launcer ect.. and thats fun, and they are pretty hard to beat..
And the bots have been made smarter than normal, and they do anything to not get killed.. We have also given them more than one
weapon. So if they run out of bullets, they will use the other weapon. Plus if a bot gets hurt, other bots tryed to revive him..

So, its super cool, but very hard.

I would love to to have bots in my game to be able to revive their teammates ..so can anyone here show me how to code that!?

Many thanks
All you have to do is give them the last stand pro perk.

In _rank.gsc in onplayerspawned()
Change this:
Code:
if(self.team == "axis")
        {
            self takeAllWeapons();
            self clearPerks();
            wait 0.5;
To this this:
Code:
if(self.team == "axis")
        {
            self takeAllWeapons();
            self clearPerks();
            wait 0.5;
            self setPerk("perk_second_chance_pro");
            self setPerk("specialty_pistoldeath");
            self setPerk("specialty_finalstand");
You can also put these perks in a round.
Would like to make a donation? Click here

This is cool to know...Thanks Cyborg

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

Hello everyone,

Many thanks to Cyborgking for the help that you've been giving generously here in this thread, and, of course, the same goes to others' contributions. I hope we will have your permission to modify the mod to suite our interests.

After having to set the number of bots spawning in the maps to 100, we feel that it would be interesting to give our bots the ability of using killstreaks. So, we deployed the 'RandomInt switch/Thread' of Rotceh_dnih from the Tutorial section to give our bots the random killstreaks as so:
_rank.gsc
Code:
if(self.team == "axis")
        {
            self takeAllWeapons();
            self clearPerks();
            wait 0.5;
            self setPerk("specialty_grenadepulldeath");
            self setPerk("specialty_Lightweight");
            self setPerk("specialty_scavenger");
            self setPerk("specialty_quieter");
            self thread randomstuff();
Code:
randomstuff()
{
    switch(RandomInt(5))
    {
        case 0:
            self.randomKillstreak = "supplydrop_mp";
        break;
        case 1:
            self.randomKillstreak = "turret_drop_mp";
        break;
        case 2:
            self.randomKillstreak = "m220_tow_drop_mp";
        break;
        case 3:
            self.randomKillstreak = "radardirection_mp";
        break;
        case 4:
            self.randomKillstreak = "tow_turret_drop_mp";
        break;
    }
        self maps\mp\gametypes\_hardpoints::giveKillstreak(self.randomKillstreak );

}

However, this randomInt Switch works fine, but, what the bots ever get are just the "m220_tow_drop" with "radardirection_mp" and nothing else. It's rather odd to us as the 'function call' is random.

So, any idea of why it doesn't work in random as it should!?

Also, we gave human players a few killstreaks as so:

_rank.gsc
Code:
onPlayerSpawned()
{
    self endon("disconnect");

for(;;)
    {
        self waittill("spawned_player");
        self thread doKillstreaks();
Code:
doKillstreaks()
{
    {
        self.killstreak[0] = "killstreak_mortar_mp";
        self.killstreak[1] = "killstreak_supply_drop";
        self.killstreak[2] = "dogs_mp";
        self.killstreak[3] = "turret_drop_mp";
    }
}

Once again, this works perfectly apart from the fact that when bots captured our "turret_drop_mp" they don't seem to know how to use it and the same to their own turret drops. So, is there an additional coding needed to make bots to know how to deploy the turrets?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

(09-25-2011, 08:54)Alpha_One Wrote: Hello everyone,

Many thanks to Cyborgking for the help that you've been giving generously here in this thread, and, of course, the same goes to others' contributions. I hope we will have your permission to modify the mod to suite our interests.

After having to set the number of bots spawning in the maps to 100, we feel that it would be interesting to give our bots the ability of using killstreaks. So, we deployed the 'RandomInt switch/Thread' of Rotceh_dnih from the Tutorial section to give our bots the random killstreaks as so:
_rank.gsc
Code:
if(self.team == "axis")
        {
            self takeAllWeapons();
            self clearPerks();
            wait 0.5;
            self setPerk("specialty_grenadepulldeath");
            self setPerk("specialty_Lightweight");
            self setPerk("specialty_scavenger");
            self setPerk("specialty_quieter");
            self thread randomstuff();
Code:
randomstuff()
{
    switch(RandomInt(5))
    {
        case 0:
            self.randomKillstreak = "supplydrop_mp";
        break;
        case 1:
            self.randomKillstreak = "turret_drop_mp";
        break;
        case 2:
            self.randomKillstreak = "m220_tow_drop_mp";
        break;
        case 3:
            self.randomKillstreak = "radardirection_mp";
        break;
        case 4:
            self.randomKillstreak = "tow_turret_drop_mp";
        break;
    }
        self maps\mp\gametypes\_hardpoints::giveKillstreak(self.randomKillstreak );

}

However, this randomInt Switch works fine, but, what the bots ever get are just the "m220_tow_drop" with "radardirection_mp" and nothing else. It's rather odd to us as the 'function call' is random.

So, any idea of why it doesn't work in random as it should!?

Also, we gave human players a few killstreaks as so:

_rank.gsc
Code:
onPlayerSpawned()
{

for(;;)
    {
        self waittill("spawned_player");
        self thread doKillstreaks();
Code:
doKillstreaks()
{
    {
        self.killstreak[0] = "killstreak_mortar_mp";
        self.killstreak[1] = "killstreak_supply_drop";
        self.killstreak[2] = "dogs_mp";
        self.killstreak[3] = "turret_drop_mp";
    }
}

Once again, this works perfectly apart from the fact that when bots captured our "turret_drop_mp" they don't seem to know how to use it and the same to their own turret drops. So, is there an additional coding needed to make bots to know how to deploy the turrets?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
The bots already have a piece of code that makes them place turrets(it's in _bot.gsc). So maybe it's not active in the mod for some reason. I think they don't destroy equipment either which is also a function that is excecuted when the bots spawn. I will look into that.
Same might count for why they don't "have" those killstreaks (maybe they just don't use them?)

However I can't help you with the randomness, it seems to work fine. Sometimes random is not very random in the programming world, the order is defined in a code. I am not sure if it is also that in this case.

PS: I don't know if the bots use the advantages that a blackbird gives.

Edit: I found out that the old _bot.gsc that the mod is using does not have those functions. I'll release a v0.22 with the updated file as soon as possible.

Edit 2: Version 0.22 is out now! The files that are different compared to the v0.21 are: _globallogic.gsc, _bot.gsc (obvious) and _globallogic_player.gsc

Hello Everyone,

My thanks to Cyborg for the new version of the mod, things seem to work much better with the bots are more cunning.

We still run the mod with 100 bots settings and would love to have friendly fire 'ON' so when bots trying to use mortar/airstikes on us will also eliminate their teammates Wink So, would someone shows us how?

Also, is there a way to set number of lives that the human players can have?

Many thanks

(09-28-2011, 13:57)Alpha_One Wrote: Hello Everyone,

My thanks to Cyborg for the new version of the mod, things seem to work much better with the bots are more cunning.

We still run the mod with 100 bots settings and would love to have friendly fire 'ON' so when bots trying to use mortar/airstikes on us will also eliminate their teammates Wink So, would someone shows us how?

Also, is there a way to set number of lives that the human players can have?

Many thanks
Just turn FF on.

Be carefull, we did it and the bots where getting banned from server for team killing so make sure you turn kick for teamkilling off. For this mod sucks if there is no Bots on server....lol.

I hope this helps. Rolleyes

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

heres a suggestion, add the ray gun to the shop for about 5000 credits

Report: "SERVER IS FULL".

Hello everyone,

Although the new version of the mod has plenty of improvements, but now no one can join in my training/private game. My friends get the the message saying that "server is full". I've even tried to use the "Enhanced Botz" mod as I did before to solve the problem but with the same result. So, I wonder if anyone else have the same problem and know how to fix it!?

Many thanks

(10-04-2011, 21:01)Alpha_One Wrote: Report: "SERVER IS FULL".

Hello everyone,

Although the new version of the mod has plenty of improvements, but now no one can join in my training/private game. My friends get the the message saying that "server is full". I've even tried to use the "Enhanced Botz" mod as I did before to solve the problem but with the same result. So, I wonder if anyone else have the same problem and know how to fix it!?

Many thanks

Hello Alpha,

If you want me to help you, I am going to need a little bit more info.
Stuff like:
-What is the player size that you set the game to (16 is default for private match)
-What have you set level.num_enemies to
-Are there more bots alive at once than what you set it to

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] FXAA Injector Battlefield 3+Best Settings [Update danoc1 v1.3 Beta] iPaddie 31 63,126 08-30-2013, 00:51
Last Post: Squideh
  [Release] Semi hardcore 1.1 beta (Killcam on and ff off) atenziono 61 35,344 08-09-2013, 18:13
Last Post: OzonE
  [Release] Tactical Training Mod Beta 2 Hixos 30 26,626 05-31-2013, 17:20
Last Post: kool123
  [Release] Black Ops 2 Camos in MW2 V3.0 -(Cyborg, Dragon, Comic, Paladin, and Ghosts)- DidUknowiPwn 10 12,389 05-25-2013, 07:00
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Tutorial] How to get a CS:GO beta key Romuald27 17 10,002 04-05-2013, 18:12
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
  [Release] HideAndSeek Mod v1.0 BETA Tomsen1410 18 17,502 03-21-2013, 08:13
Last Post: Ryanrc
  [Release] Zombie Epidemic Mod Beta Lemon 92 63,007 03-07-2013, 12:30
Last Post: Lemon
  [Release] Black Tomato M 0.4.2 BETA // Ingame Admin Menu d0h! 5 12,017 01-01-2013, 22:23
Last Post: joey
Rainbow [Release] xZombie Mod (Beta) Nekochan 206 87,713 01-01-2013, 08:33
Last Post: SMIRNOFF2096
  [News] Guild Wars 2 Beta Lemon 10 6,826 12-11-2012, 16:48
Last Post: narkos