Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading console.log
Hey,
Since i'm on a posting spree anyway, I have another question, although it has to do with plugin development and c#, it's for MW3 and i need help so that's why this is here.

My question:
The console.log contains a lot of information that can be quite useful to be able to read in a plugin, and i know how to read a text file, but i can't seem to find a way to resume reading at the location reading was stopped.
I have spent some time googling and all the results i could find were and implementation that depended on knowing the number of characters that are written in a certain time, and i obviously can't know that for sure. Is there a way to read the logfile, close it, and later open it again and continue reading from the place you last closed it?

I guess you could always read the whole file and discard the data that has already been read, but that seem's quite inefficient
-Bonemind

Easy.

When I developed rCrayon - SL I was faced with the same issue.

The best solution was to record the last time stamp of the file, then compare it against the first line being read.. if its newer or > than the last timestamp recorded, proceed.

Also, used linux timestamp as it was much easier to compare than the timestamp that
is the default.

Really simple actually.
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

(02-03-2012, 18:39)deadcrayon Wrote: Easy.

When I developed rCrayon - SL I was faced with the same issue.

The best solution was to record the last time stamp of the file, then compare it against the first line being read.. if its newer or > than the last timestamp recorded, proceed.

Also, used linux timestamp as it was much easier to compare than the timestamp that
is the default.

Really simple actually.

But this would still translate to iterating through the whole file and starting to read at the correct timestamp. Or am i misunderstanding?

-Bonemind

Code:
Imports System.Text
Imports MySql.Data.MySqlClient
Imports System.IO
Public Class Form1
    Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form
    Private Function GetFileSize(ByVal MyFilePath As String) As Long
        Dim MyFile As New FileInfo(MyFilePath)
        Dim FileSize As Long = MyFile.Length
        Return FileSize
    End Function
    Private Function Find(ByVal StrSearchString As String) As Boolean
        Try
            DataGridView1.SelectionMode = DataGridViewSelectionMode.FullRowSelect
            Dim intcount As Integer = 0
            For Each Row As DataGridViewRow In DataGridView1.Rows
                If DataGridView1.Rows(intcount).Cells(0).Value.ToString = StrSearchString Then
                    DataGridView1.Rows(intcount).Selected = True
                    Find = True
                End If
                intcount += 1
            Next Row
            Find = False
        Catch ex As Exception
            Debug.WriteLine("HERE IT IS")
        End Try
    End Function
    Private Function GetLogs()
        Timer2.Enabled = False
        Dim x As Integer
        Dim n As Integer
        n = 0
        x = 0
        If GetFileSize("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log") < 50 Then
            log.Text = "Log Delay..."
            TASSMySQL.Delay(1)
            log.Text = "Fetching..."
            Shell("C:\rcrayon\bin\get_logs.bat", AppWinStyle.Hide, True)
            Timer2.Enabled = True
            Exit Function
        Else
            Dim fsize As Long
            fsize = GetFileSize("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log")
            log.Text = "Parsing:" & fsize
            ParseLogs()
        End If
    End Function
    Private Function ParseLogs()
        Dim p As Integer
        Dim q As Integer
        Dim r As Integer
        Dim db_id As String
        Dim x As Integer
        Dim k As Integer
        Dim d As Integer
        Dim e As Integer
        Dim f As Integer
        Dim LR As String
        Dim LS As String
        Dim aSwitch As Array
        Me.Show()
        db_id = TASSMySQL.ReadFile("C:\rcrayon\logs\dbid.log")
        LR = TASSMySQL.readQuery("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM " + db_id)
        LS = TASSMySQL.readQuery("SELECT ts FROM " + db_id + " WHERE rid=" + LR)
        ListBox2.Items.Clear()
        ListBox2.Items.AddRange(System.IO.File.ReadAllLines("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log"))
        log.Text = "Loaded: " & ListBox2.Items.Count
        k = 0
        pb.Minimum = 1
        pb.Maximum = ListBox2.Items.Count + 1
        qBox.Items.Clear()
        Dim ParsedLine As Array
        Dim phpUrl As String
        Dim nospace As String
        Dim rep As String
        Dim rep2 As String
        Dim rep3 As String
        Dim rep4 As Integer
        Dim sConv As Integer
        For x = 0 To ListBox2.Items.Count - 1
            Application.DoEvents()
            ParsedLine = Split(ListBox2.Items.Item(x), ";")
            nospace = LTrim(ParsedLine(0))
            aSwitch = Split(nospace, " ")
            rep3 = Replace(aSwitch(0), ":", "")
            rep4 = Replace(LS, ":", "")
            TASSMySQL.WritelogFile(rep4 & " :: " & rep3)
            sConv = Val(rep3)
            If IsNumeric(rep3) = False Then GoTo SKIP
            If rep3 > rep4 Then
                Try
                    Select Case aSwitch(1)
                        Case "K"
                            rep = Replace(ParsedLine(4), "'", "~")
                            rep2 = Replace(ParsedLine(8), "'", "~")
                            light.BackColor = Color.LimeGreen
                            k = Val(k + 1)
                            phpUrl = "INSERT IGNORE INTO " + db_id + " (rid, ts, aflag, vguid, vpos, vteam, vname, pguid, ppos, pteam, pname, pweapon, pdamage, ptype, hitmap, time, type) VALUES ('', '" + aSwitch(0) + "', '" + aSwitch(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(2) + "','" + ParsedLine(3) + "','" + rep + "', '" + ParsedLine(5) + "', '" + ParsedLine(6) + "', '" + ParsedLine(7) + "', '" + rep2 + "', '" + ParsedLine(9) + "', '" + ParsedLine(10) + "', '" + ParsedLine(11) + "', '" + ParsedLine(12) + "', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '1')"
                            qBox.Items.Add(phpUrl)
                            light.BackColor = Color.Black
                            log.Text = "Parsing: Add! (K)"
                            kills.Text = Val(kills.Text + 1)
                        Case "D"
                            rep = Replace(ParsedLine(4), "'", "~")
                            rep2 = Replace(ParsedLine(8), "'", "~")
                            phpUrl = "INSERT IGNORE INTO " + db_id + " (rid, ts, aflag, vguid, vpos, vteam, vname, pguid, ppos, pteam, pname, pweapon, pdamage, ptype, hitmap, time, type) VALUES ('', '" + aSwitch(0) + "', '" + aSwitch(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(2) + "','" + ParsedLine(3) + "','" + rep + "', '" + ParsedLine(5) + "', '" + ParsedLine(6) + "', '" + ParsedLine(7) + "', '" + rep2 + "', '" + ParsedLine(9) + "', '" + ParsedLine(10) + "', '" + ParsedLine(11) + "', '" + ParsedLine(12) + "', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '2')"
                            qBox.Items.Add(phpUrl)
                            log.Text = "Parsing: Add! (D)"
                            d = damage.Text
                            e = ParsedLine(10)
                            f = Val(d + e)
                            damage.Text = f

'///////////// JOIN /////////////

Case "J"
                            phpUrl = "INSERT IGNORE INTO " + db_id + " (rid, ts, aflag, vguid, vpos, vteam, vname, pguid, ppos, pteam, pname, pweapon, pdamage, ptype, hitmap, time, type) VALUES ('', '" + aSwitch(0) + "', '" + aSwitch(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(2) + "','" + ParsedLine(3) + "','', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '3')"
                            qBox.Items.Add(phpUrl)
                            My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^0Welcome: ^2" + ParsedLine(3) + " ^0|^2 type !coms for commands'); ?>", False)
                            Shell("C:\rcrayon\bin\php.exe C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", AppWinStyle.Hide, True)
                            My.Computer.FileSystem.DeleteFile("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php")
                            log.Text = "Parsing: Add! (J)"

'///////////////////////////////

Case "VD"
                            phpUrl = "INSERT IGNORE INTO " + db_id + " (rid, ts, aflag, vguid, vpos, vteam, vname, pguid, ppos, pteam, pname, pweapon, pdamage, ptype, hitmap, time, type) VALUES ('', '" + aSwitch(0) + "', '" + aSwitch(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(2) + "','" + ParsedLine(3) + "','" + ParsedLine(4) + "', '" + ParsedLine(5) + "', '" + ParsedLine(6) + "', '" + ParsedLine(7) + "', '" + ParsedLine(8) + "', '" + ParsedLine(9) + "', '" + ParsedLine(10) + "', '" + ParsedLine(11) + "', '" + ParsedLine(12) + "', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '4')"
                            qBox.Items.Add(phpUrl)
                            log.Text = "Parsing: Add! (VD)"

Case "say"
                            phpUrl = "INSERT IGNORE INTO " + db_id + " (rid, ts, aflag, vguid, vpos, vteam, vname, pguid, ppos, pteam, pname, pweapon, pdamage, ptype, hitmap, time, type) VALUES ('', '" + aSwitch(0) + "', '" + aSwitch(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(1) + "','" + ParsedLine(2) + "','" + ParsedLine(3) + "','" + ParsedLine(4) + "', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '5')"
                            qBox.Items.Add(phpUrl)
                            log.Text = "Parsing: Add! (S)"
                            Dim cmnd As Array
                            cmnd = Split(ParsedLine(4), "!")
                            Select Case cmnd(1)
                                Case "rules"
                                    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^2 No foul language ^0|^2 Play fair ^0|^2 Dont Cheat!'); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^2 You will not be warned^0,^2 only kicked^0.'); ?>", False)
                                    Shell("C:\rcrayon\bin\php.exe C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", AppWinStyle.Hide, True)
                                Case "time"
                                    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^0 Current Time: ^2'.$today.'');", False)
                                Case "coms"
                                    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^2 !rules, !time, !coms, !about, !stats');", False)
                                Case "about"
                                    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^2 rCrayon - SL [rcrayon.com]'); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^2 Version 2.4.11 | Beta');", False)
                                Case "stats"
                                    Dim guid As String
                                    Dim kills As Integer
                                    Dim deaths As Integer
                                    Dim ratio As Integer
                                    Dim rtotal As Integer
                                    guid = ParsedLine(1)
                                    kills = TASSMySQL.ReadQuery2("SELECT COUNT(pname) FROM " + db_id + " WHERE type='1' AND pguid='" + guid + "'")
                                    deaths = TASSMySQL.ReadQuery2("SELECT COUNT(vname) FROM " + db_id + " WHERE type='1' AND pguid='" + guid + "'")
                                    ratio = kills / deaths
                                    rtotal = Math.Round(ratio, 1)
                                    My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\php\" & ParsedLine(2) & ".php", "<?php include ('rcon_lib.php'); $server_ip    = '" + My.Settings.rcon_ip + "'; $server_port = '" + My.Settings.rcon_port + "'; $server_pass = '" + My.Settings.rcon_pass + "'; $rcon = new BOrcon(); date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); $today = date('H:i:s'); $rcon->connect($server_ip, $server_port, $server_pass); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^0Server Totals: K - ^2 " & kills & " ^0 D - ^2 " & deaths & " ^0 KDR ^2" & rtotal & "^0'); $rcon->rcon('tell " & ParsedLine(2) & " ^0Stats by: ^2rCrayon.com');", False)

End Select
                        Case Else
                    End Select
                Catch ex As Exception
                End Try
                pb.Increment(+2)
                x = Val(x + 1)
                ticker.Text = x
            End If
SKIP:

Next x

Dim n As Integer

pb.Minimum = 1
        pb.Maximum = qBox.Items.Count + 1
        pb.Value = 1
        For n = 0 To qBox.Items.Count - 1
            Application.DoEvents()
            light.BackColor = Color.LightBlue
            light.BackColor = Color.LimeGreen
            TASSMySQL.writeQuery(qBox.Items.Item(n))
            log.Text = "Insert: " & n & "/" & qBox.Items.Count - 1
            pb.Increment(+1)
            light.BackColor = Color.Black
        Next
        qBox.Items.Clear()
        pb.Value = 1
        My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log", "", False)
        MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.ClearAllPools()
        log.Text = "Parse Done."
        TASSMySQL.Delay(1)
        log.Text = "Sleeping: " & Timer4.Interval
        Timer4.Enabled = True

End Function
    Private Sub Form1_FormClosing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosing
        Dim d As Integer = damage.Text
        Dim k As Integer = kills.Text
        My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText("C:\rcrayon\logs\counters.log", k & ":" & d, False)
    End Sub
    Sub FinishedCountingEventHandler(ByVal Count As Integer)
    End Sub
    Private Sub ExitToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ExitToolStripMenuItem.Click
        End
    End Sub
    Private Sub ConfigureToolStripMenuItem1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ConfigureToolStripMenuItem1.Click
        Me.Hide()
        Form2.Show()
    End Sub
    Private Sub Timer2_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer2.Tick
        Dim counter1 As New Count1()
        Dim Thread3 As New System.Threading.Thread(AddressOf counter1.Count)
        Dim Thread4 As New System.Threading.Thread(AddressOf counter1.Count)
        counter1.CountTo = 5
        Thread3.Start()
        Thread4.Start()
        log.Text = "Fetching..."
        GetLogs()
    End Sub
    Private Sub Timer4_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer4.Tick
        Timer2.Enabled = True
        Timer4.Enabled = False
    End Sub
    Private Sub Timer3_Tick_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer3.Tick

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        LinkLabel1.Visible = False
        Dim counter1 As New Count1()
        Dim Thread1 As New System.Threading.Thread(AddressOf counter1.Count)
        Dim Thread2 As New System.Threading.Thread(AddressOf counter1.Count)
        Dim OhShit As New System.Threading.Thread(AddressOf counter1.Count)
        counter1.CountTo = 5
        AddHandler counter1.FinishedCounting, AddressOf FinishedCountingEventHandler
        Dim dataSrc
        Dim db_key As String
        Dim csplit As Array
        Dim counters As String
        If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists("C:\rcrayon\logs\counters.log") = True Then
            counters = My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText("C:\rcrayon\logs\counters.log")
            csplit = Split(counters, ":")
            kills.Text = csplit(0)
            damage.Text = csplit(1)
        End If
        log.Text = "Warming Up!"
        Me.Text = "rCrayon - SL"
        If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists("C:\rcrayon\1") = True Then
            TASSMySQL.TestConnection()
            Thread1.Start()
            Timer4.Interval = My.Settings.Fetch_Rate_ms
            db_key = TASSMySQL.ReadFile("C:\rcrayon\logs\dbid.log")
            dataSrc = TASSMySQL.FillForm("SELECT ts FROM " + db_key)
            DataGridView1.DataSource = dataSrc
            log.Text = "Online - Active"
            Me.Text = "rCrayon - SL (2.4.12) - Online (" + db_key + ")"
            LinkLabel1.Visible = True
            Dim spp As Array
            spp = Split(db_key, "_")
            LinkLabel1.Text = "http://rcrayon.com/clans/?id=" & spp(1) & ""
            If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log") = True Then
                Thread2.Start()
                Shell("C:\rcrayon\bin\get_logs.bat", AppWinStyle.Hide, True)
                If GetFileSize("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log") > 50 Then
                    Me.NotifyIcon1.BalloonTipTitle = "rCrayon - SL Beta"
                    Me.NotifyIcon1.BalloonTipText = "We are fetching your logfile, please stand by..."
                    Me.NotifyIcon1.BalloonTipIcon = ToolTipIcon.Info
                    Me.NotifyIcon1.ShowBalloonTip(3)
                    ' MsgBox("We found a log with entries, we will parse this before" + vbCrLf + "we contiue loading the application. Don't worry we" + vbCrLf + "have started additional threads, it should only take a minute...", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "rCrayon - Friendly Reminder")
                    Application.DoEvents()
                    OhShit.Start()
                    ListBox2.Items.AddRange(System.IO.File.ReadAllLines("C:\rcrayon\games_mp.log"))
                    db_key = TASSMySQL.ReadFile("C:\rcrayon\logs\dbid.log")
                    dataSrc = TASSMySQL.FillForm("SELECT ts FROM " + db_key)
                    DataGridView1.DataSource = dataSrc
                    DataGridView1.Refresh()
                    ParseLogs()
                Else
                    Timer2.Enabled = True
                End If
            End If
        End If

If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists("C:\rcrayon\1") = False Then
            Form2.Show()
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub NotifyIcon1_MouseClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles NotifyIcon1.MouseClick
        If Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized Then
            Me.Visible = True
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub NotifyIcon1_MouseDoubleClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles NotifyIcon1.MouseDoubleClick

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Resize(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Resize
        If Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized Then
            Me.Visible = False
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub ListView1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ListView1.SelectedIndexChanged

End Sub
End Class
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

This might be useful
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...utput.html

Quote:But this would still translate to iterating through the whole file and starting to read at the correct timestamp. Or am i misunderstanding?

-Bonemind

The file will have to be read if it's not kept in memory. The only other way to do it
is to remember / record line number of file.

However, the logfile would have to only ever be appended to and never modified or you
will lose the correct line numbering.

It's fast to just parse the timestamps out in memory and read them... try it.

You can parse 1000 lines in memory in about 0.01 seconds as these lines aren't very long.

As you can see I was parsing the mp.log and it is much thicker.

I've posted the source to the program here

It was too big to attach to this post. (sorry @d0h, @jariz, @everyone for external link).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help mod not reading .iwd files? hmann 4 4,198 10-13-2013, 20:14
Last Post: hmann
  Help MW3 (External) Console - TeknoMW3? Strazeeh 7 8,159 10-01-2013, 21:54
Last Post: DeHEnergY
  Help MW3 (External) Console - TeknoMW3? Strazeeh 2 4,047 09-30-2013, 19:19
Last Post: surtek
  [Request] MW2 EXTERNAL CONSOLE!!! thomiromi 4 5,168 09-26-2013, 18:02
Last Post: Rendflex
  console or server browser MW2 kerm007 1 3,341 08-30-2013, 21:52
Last Post: Nekochan