Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tutorial Adding sounds to SP weapons (in multiplayer)
(06-25-2011, 11:58)Madnesslink5 Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 05:56)[CoDBOMod]Nukem Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 02:40)Madnesslink5 Wrote: ........

In *****every****(which are all four) CSV files place this line of code at the top of the file (this is how the game interprets the data)
Code:
name,file,template,loadspec,secondary,group,vol_min,vol_max,team_vol_mod,dist_min,dist_max,dist_reverb_max,volume_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,volume_min_falloff_curve,reverb_min_falloff_curve,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,pitch_min,pitch_max,team_pitch_mod,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,spatialized,type,loop,randomize_type,probability,start_delay,reverb_send,duck,pan,center_send,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop_percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,is_big,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,real_delay,subtitle,mature,doppler,futz,context_type,context_value,compression,timescale,music,fade_in,fade_out,pc_format,pause,stop_on_death,bus,snapshot,voice_limit,file_xenon,file_size_xenon,file_ps3,file_size_ps3,file_pc,file_size_pc,file_wii,file_size_wii,source_csv,language

you didn't read carefully

I did read carefully.
I added that chunk of text to the first line of every csv file (.english,.all,.radverb,.snapshot), then added the weapon code to .english, the few lines below it. Then edited zonezource, built mod and about 1000 errors came up saying default_mymod.english.csv has missing columns. The mod still compiled but there were no sounds.

have you run the converter yet ?

(06-25-2011, 13:11)rotceh_dnih Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 11:58)Madnesslink5 Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 05:56)[CoDBOMod]Nukem Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 02:40)Madnesslink5 Wrote: ........

In *****every****(which are all four) CSV files place this line of code at the top of the file (this is how the game interprets the data)
Code:
name,file,template,loadspec,secondary,group,vol_min,vol_max,team_vol_mod,dist_min,dist_max,dist_reverb_max,volume_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,volume_min_falloff_curve,reverb_min_falloff_curve,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,pitch_min,pitch_max,team_pitch_mod,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,spatialized,type,loop,randomize_type,probability,start_delay,reverb_send,duck,pan,center_send,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop_percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,is_big,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,real_delay,subtitle,mature,doppler,futz,context_type,context_value,compression,timescale,music,fade_in,fade_out,pc_format,pause,stop_on_death,bus,snapshot,voice_limit,file_xenon,file_size_xenon,file_ps3,file_size_ps3,file_pc,file_size_pc,file_wii,file_size_wii,source_csv,language

you didn't read carefully

I did read carefully.
I added that chunk of text to the first line of every csv file (.english,.all,.radverb,.snapshot), then added the weapon code to .english, the few lines below it. Then edited zonezource, built mod and about 1000 errors came up saying default_mymod.english.csv has missing columns. The mod still compiled but there were no sounds.

have you run the converter yet ?

I run converter when I first got mod tools, do I need to run it again everytime I make a mod?

I've the exact problem as the person above me, anyone willing to send me just 1 csv file that DOES work? Sad
--

(06-25-2011, 13:31)Eekhoorn Wrote: I've the exact problem as the person above me, anyone willing to send me just 1 csv file that DOES work? Sad

I have a name SadSad But yeah seriously, maybe we're just choosing weapons where the sound doesn't work? I find that hard to believe though.

(06-25-2011, 13:47)Madnesslink5 Wrote:
(06-25-2011, 13:31)Eekhoorn Wrote: I've the exact problem as the person above me, anyone willing to send me just 1 csv file that DOES work? Sad

I have a name SadSad But yeah seriously, maybe we're just choosing weapons where the sound doesn't work? I find that hard to believe though.

Sorry Didn't knew your name when writing the reply haha Big Grin

but yeh well I have got the same problem as you..
Here's the modfolder with csv's and stuff, please look at it nukem and tell me what's wrong Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yt8nbctm1n19ol
--

I don't need the ragverb and snapshot files at all, I also don't have to rename them
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

Pozzuh, mind writing a quick method ofhow you do it ? Smile

I copied a file associated with converted weapon from raw folder, fo example thundergun -> zmb_theater.csv and it works without all that stuff from tutorial. Tongue
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]

(06-25-2011, 16:25)OrangePL Wrote: I copied a file associated with converted weapon from raw folder, fo example thundergun -> zmb_theater.csv and it works without all that stuff from tutorial. Tongue

Yeah that will work, but you are including extra (useless?) assets and you will reach a limit.

@Madnesslink5 (if you still need to fix it):
NOTHING goes in default_mymod.english.csv (except the first code part)
The sound lines you find from DEFAULT_SP.all.csv go in default_mymod.all.csv

EDIT: fixed guide (thx to Romuald27 for telling me what was wrong)
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

Hmm, doesnt work for me Sad

Ive got one iwd File called mp_test. there is included one folder maps with tank.gsc blabla, one weapon folder where my modded ray gun is inclueded and one soundaliases folder with those files and fodlers.
But i cant still hear any sound of the ray gun ingame Sad

In the Zone Source ive got this:
Code:
weapon,mp\ray_gun_zm
sound,default_mp_test

I get this Errors:

Code:
ERROR: unable to load file 'soundaliases/zones/default_test.english.csv'
ERROR: aliases failed to load
ERROR: unable to load file 'soundaliases/zones/default_test.all.csv'
ERROR: aliases failed to load

But i thought these were normal?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] [SOURCE] Random Weapons. [HARD] Tony. 1 3,898 11-08-2013, 11:11
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help source random weapons [HARD] Tony. 4 4,352 11-08-2013, 05:25
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  MW3 Hide WEAPONS [HARD] Tony. 7 6,751 10-09-2013, 15:16
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  [Release] CS addon for MW2(Sounds,show damage) Fl0w_.JACKDAN 1 4,409 09-29-2013, 19:46
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help Playing sounds ingame? Some 2 3,166 09-10-2013, 10:42
Last Post: Yamato
  Porting some weapons, ADS broken? DidUknowiPwn 0 2,239 09-10-2013, 01:13
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Request] Mw2 lock weapons seraph1995 1 3,045 08-18-2013, 15:31
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Release] Pack-A-Punch Weapons TheSchitt 40 29,146 08-07-2013, 04:51
Last Post: FrostLight
  COD MW3 multiplayer principals - steam, dedicated ... ottop 11 17,074 07-17-2013, 02:43
Last Post: nizamani
Information [Tutorial] Adding DLC Maps as Custom Maps. Nekochan 151 139,192 05-25-2013, 01:05
Last Post: Nero Z zero