• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD MW3 multiplayer principals - steam, dedicated ...
Hi All,

I am not new to COD, I used to be a admin of our COD4 server. But I am missing something at COD MW3. I can not find information I need, but I found this interesting forum. Me and my clan do not want to buy something that will be crap compered to COD4 multiplayer, therefore we want to try before buy. I did buy COD4 and other from our clan too.
Basicly I believe, there is no way how to connect to own dedicated private server without buying COD MW3 ? But for testing I do not want to buy.
Are these my knowledge correct ?

Enviroment I have:
Downloaded COD MW3 RELOADED version (over 13GB), after un-pack there was no .EXE file. I apllied some crack with iw5sp.exe and iw5mp_server.exe, I also copy some steam dlls. I applied 1.4 patch and unpack Teknogods staff for coop multiplayer.
I can run dedicated server (status looks ok) using combination of cracked steam dll. and original steam_api.dll. I do use iw5_mp_server.exe. I run it with some of my server.cfg.
My idea was to run own dedicated and use Serverconnector.exe to connect to the dedicate server, but I think this is not possible because I can not switch on the server browser option.

My Questions are:
- COD MW3 has still no crack for multiplayer? - when trying to open iw5sp.exe and click multiplayer, COD MW3 call Steam to run it. Then I go error iw5mp_ceg.exe can not be found
- The Multiplayer menu is not able to run, than I can not turn of the Dedicated server browser, is it correct ?
- if I can not turn on the dedicated server browser, I can not connect to dedicated IP using Serverconnector.exe ?
- There is no way hot to try dedicated server without buying COD MW3 - there is not hack/crack for Multiplayer yet ?
- will there be any multiplayer crack ? Like crack iw5mp.exe ?
- Is there any better COD MW3 version than the RELOADED ?

If I am wrong with the multiplayer principals, please correct me.

Thank you
regards
Morbidus
Hello and welcome

erm, warez/cracks are not allowed neither to discuss about.

but overall answers, there is no way to play the cracked version online and you need a legit version to host a mw3 dedi.
if you like, check store.itsmods.com for a cheaper russian key (languages are supported)
Ok. I understand that. Sorry.
The russian version speak about there is a need for russian IP address, but itsmods can handle the activation somehow.
there is also polish version, it is more expensive but has no problem with IP activation - I believe. Polish costs somethin like 28 EUR cca.
What does mean the russian IP activation ? Are there any limitation for me ?

regards
Otto
it only needs to be activated through a russian ip, i did that for a lot of users already. takes just 2-4mins (depends on the vpn speed)

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Acti...hange.html

no limitation in gameplay at all and english language is set by default
Polish keys aren't cheap at all. Only russian are
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
Ok, thanks. Understood and checked. Russian is the cheapest :-).

Can you tell me if the Multiplayer is possible without having on-line connection ?
Like to have own dedicated and players will connect via local LAN without internet connection ?
Because it looks like clicking on Multiplayer menu Steam in the MW3 Lobby is something checking on-line. If the on-line will be mandatory, we can not do LAN party even with purchase COD MW 3.

thanks for info
Morbid
(12-22-2011, 00:08)ottop Wrote: Ok, thanks. Understood and checked. Russian is the cheapest :-).

Can you tell me if the Multiplayer is possible without having on-line connection ?
Like to have own dedicated and players will connect via local LAN without internet connection ?
Because it looks like clicking on Multiplayer menu Steam in the MW3 Lobby is something checking on-line. If the on-line will be mandatory, we can not do LAN party even with purchase COD MW 3.

thanks for info
Morbid

suprises me @d0h! didn't delete this thread immediately Troll
ONTOPIC:
No, because you need to have a connection to steam (AFAIK, pretty sure)
For LAN party's I recommend alterIWnet, I did it last time and it was a huge success
But yeah, it's not MW3 (but there aren't that much differences between the 2)

I Read it again and you said you had no internet connection at all.. nevermind then
Wink

i read that offline lan is supported
Ok, but reading and trying is different.
I will purchase COD MW3 and will try. I will let you know.
But if the internet connection to Steam is needed, it is again LAN party killer again. And Dedicated is for no USE.

If the game producers will continue in this way than beutiful and funny lanpary will disapear. And this is really pitty. I hate this. If so, I would rather to play free on-line like World of Tanks and will not support such game producers.

BTW. many of our clan members started to play WOT, because it is free and good.

Morbidus
(12-22-2011, 11:31)d0h! Wrote: Wink

i read that offline lan is supported

Nope. You unplug the internet cable and the dedicated server gets stuck on "connecting to online services".
As usual nowadays, the only way to play this game on LAN (if anyone from Activision is reading this, let me tell you that LAN stands for "LOCAL Area Network", wich is LOCAL/offline) is by finding a way to crack it.
I'm getting tired of organizing LAN parties and therefore I'm not activelly trying to find a way to bypass the online services. But I'm curious on how long will it take for someone to achieve it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steam OS Nekochan 6 5,655 12-18-2013, 15:51
Last Post: Yamato
  Steam Machine Yamato 3 3,772 11-27-2013, 12:21
Last Post: RaZ
  Dedicated Server External (public) IP Nerus 3 5,546 11-02-2013, 14:16
Last Post: Casper
  Help how to turn off map in dedicated server pero123 8 6,528 10-15-2013, 19:00
Last Post: Nekochan
  Steam keys Arteq 9 7,044 08-29-2013, 18:55
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  CoD: Ghosts Dedicated Servers DidUknowiPwn 8 5,204 08-27-2013, 10:45
Last Post: Arteq
  Selling steam account Nekochan 15 9,448 08-24-2013, 17:14
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Tutorial] How to setup a MW3 Dedicated Server Linux alexrasen 6 15,250 08-13-2013, 20:12
Last Post: alexrasen
  Help MW3 Steam - Invalid server configuration - insufficient cpu performance mn_acer1 6 8,321 08-02-2013, 22:12
Last Post: mn_acer1
  download mw3 dedicated server clacki 1 4,209 07-21-2013, 15:51
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn