• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] anyway to release more info from MW3'S FF files?
Hey

and in the past me and my team start to create TC mod for call of duty 4 called "BlueShield"

we decided to close the mod after we didn't have enough tools to accomplish our goals.

today, we are planning to move this mod to MW3, even tho it does not have an official modding tools (there is enough un-official tools to create it)

the only thing we can't do is extracting files from the .FF archive.

I saw that some users has managed to make this kind of importing in the past.

is it possible to export more information from the .FF files such as xmodels, xmodelsurfs, xmodelparts, weapon setting file and etc...?

or, you may know someone who has the ability to develop this kind of tool?

I am willing to pay for this developing or existing tool. I know this includes many work hours and efforts.

this is some short video on just little part from the mod

(it's a bit blurry and in low quality, but the only one that I've found)
if there is someone that is also willing to help in other sections please let me know.
I think it's about time call of duty will have a real TC mod.

we have good experience with call of duty modding. in the past i was involved with developing this following mods to call of duty series:
German Front Mod
Merciless by Chris p
Revolt
Swat
and more..

Thanks, Tom.
wait , you deiced to move from cod4 to mw3 coz you dont have enough tools to accomplish your goals ?
sorry to tell you mate but your doing it wrong . anyways asfar as models ect from mw3 ff's yea its posable but i only know one person how has done it and there not going to make that info public anytime soon , your best bet at this time is ripping weapon models and rigging them your self "not very hard " then you could make your own custom anims if you where really keen

good luck.
(12-07-2012, 23:34)rotceh_dnih Wrote: wait , you deiced to move from cod4 to mw3 coz you dont have enough tools to accomplish your goals ?
sorry to tell you mate but your doing it wrong . anyways asfar as models ect from mw3 ff's yea its posable but i only know one person how has done it and there not going to make that info public anytime soon , your best bet at this time is ripping weapon models and rigging them your self "not very hard " then you could make your own custom anims if you where really keen

good luck.

yea, I know it sound stupid, but I decide to use MW3 because today we have unofficial tools that was not available on the past. but even tho it might be possible to create an unofficial FF VIEWER, or map editor for MW3, I found out that it does not worth the effort. I decided to move the mod to blackops, latest game with mod tools.

btw, I don't need to rig weapons I can use every game existing animations.
(unless they don't fit to the weapon and I need to create my own animations, which is rare)
-Tom
We still can't get all files from fastfiles like gsc etc...
C++/Obj-C developer. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help mod not reading .iwd files? hmann 4 4,145 10-13-2013, 20:14
Last Post: hmann
  i need help with the sabs files duckywson 2 3,030 08-31-2013, 19:46
Last Post: duckywson
  .FF Files tugay12 1 4,089 08-14-2013, 17:11
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Release] Huge Release.. Host lobbies with a BAN camxxcore 11 7,634 08-11-2013, 17:07
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
Question Help Upgrade my point system from files to Database, help? EnVi Sweden Rocks 11 8,623 08-03-2013, 23:31
Last Post: EnVi Sweden Rocks
  Help GSC Reading Files?! Howl3r 11 7,497 07-30-2013, 04:00
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  kPromod 7 Release (Yes, its still going.) koil 0 3,379 07-27-2013, 10:01
Last Post: koil
Music [Release] [C#] [LIBRARY] SABSFile library (open sound files) JariZ 31 18,379 07-07-2013, 17:20
Last Post: Red-EyeX32
Rainbow [Release] BadWords xtreme2010 9 7,884 06-13-2013, 12:57
Last Post: xtreme2010
Wink [Tutorial] Playing mp3,mid,etc... audio files on VB 2010! barata 2 17,442 05-07-2013, 08:03
Last Post: kmne68