[Request] Custom Character models
Hey guys,

You haven't heard from me, I've been lurking in the shadows coding away
on a great mod.

However, upon reading this post, I noticed someone said I simply skinned
a model. Really? If we can just "skin" a player model then where are all the
cool model skins?

My point? It's not hard to fully rig a model if you have even the most basic
understanding of a rig, joints, and tags. I've made fully animated stick figures and
even done full custom anims for my up coming mod.

Trolling? No. Spouting off useless bullshit? No.

If se7en beats me to the rig tutorial, great! If not, it will be out the same
time as my custom score board columns (if its not already done).

My tutorial however, will show skeleton creation in raw form, not hacking together
someone else's model or a model from a previous version. It's better if you learn
how the skeleton/rig works, rather than just "making something work" without
any understanding of what you're actually doing.
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
I already know how to rig and bind skin, but there are just soooo many tags,
If it were really easy i already had it done months ago
Yea, there are a lot of tags. Especially when you get to the face/head/neck/jaw
area.

That's why its better to make a simple skeleton, rig it, tag it, and animate it so you
get an understanding, after that is only a matter of how much time you have.
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
I agree, but let me answer this with a picture

[Image: bDc0o.png]

Those are ALOT of tags, and I dont want to waste my entire day on something that boring
Like I said, how much time do you have? Big Grin
(09-22-2011, 15:06)deadcrayon Wrote: Like I said, how much time do you have? Big Grin

afraid i got a life Tongue
but maybe in the weekend ill look into it (if you haven't released your tutorial already)
edit: what's basic pig latin?
(09-22-2011, 15:33)jariz Wrote:
(09-22-2011, 15:06)deadcrayon Wrote: Like I said, how much time do you have? Big Grin

afraid i got a life Tongue
but maybe in the weekend ill look into it (if you haven't released your tutorial already)
edit: what's basic pig latin?

You don't have a life...
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
@deadcrayon i caint wait to see your mod it looked really cool before but yea i'm really needing a player model Big Grin
Fuu
We can use done tags lol ! just need to fix smth a bit.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
I converted/created some COD4 multiplayer models from Postal 2, Oblivion, and Portal 2, I don't know how much help I can be, but I am willing to give it a shot. I agree with deadcrayon on several points he made.

I don't own a copy of COD Black Ops, nor do I think I can play it on my machine, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ops 2 Custom background? jotape99 10 11,607 10-29-2013, 07:22
Last Post: xInfinity.
  Spawning Solid Models akillj 5 3,932 09-08-2013, 00:07
Last Post: akillj
  Custom xanims DidUknowiPwn 8 6,645 08-28-2013, 08:17
Last Post: RaZ
  Help Make ac130 shoot custom bullets Ra3shed 0 2,551 07-23-2013, 13:02
Last Post: Ra3shed
  [Tutorial] Custom gametype HUD iAegle 17 14,152 07-14-2013, 01:16
Last Post: Nekochan
Video Custom Facepaints? Cuddlyedits 5 4,141 07-01-2013, 14:58
Last Post: iPaddie
  List of models that can be spawned? (Looking for C4 model) akillj 5 4,411 06-27-2013, 13:35
Last Post: Yamato
  [C# xna 4] 3d models or vertices array narkos 5 3,968 06-25-2013, 08:14
Last Post: narkos
  Help dedicated servers and custom dvars mattyman 0 2,338 06-22-2013, 07:33
Last Post: mattyman
Information [Tutorial] Adding DLC Maps as Custom Maps. Nekochan 151 137,387 05-25-2013, 01:05
Last Post: Nero Z zero