• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Release] IWI DDS Fast Converter V1.40
I'm trying to run it on Windows XP SP3. Works fine.
O_o
MSVCR80.dll/MSVCP80.dll/MSVCM80.dll is a part of vcrun2005 and vcrun2005sp1 (from wine forum). This libs does not support Windows 7 x64 system's (from MS site here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=3387).
How Can I fix : Error Fatal -13?
I am having a problem getting it to start. This is my error message http://prntscr.com/4bfya8 idk why im getting it but its a little annoying lol

(10-29-2013, 15:37)Jeriii Wrote: Drag and dropped,
Game : MW2
File : weapon_cheytac_new_col.iwi
got error : The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application even log or use the command-linesystrace.exe tool for more detail.

.__.

I got the same error man dont feel left out lol
Hey I have only the fatal error -13 But the file size is low only 128kb idk what can I do now. Sad
Helped me make custom sights Smile
I can't convert fxt_light_phosphorous.iwi with no iwi to dds converter please help
How to save cardtitle_flag_philippines (MW3 file iw_00) using nvidia dds plugin? Which options to select DXT5 or DXT3 with generate MIP maps or NO mip maps?Because IWIviewer showing the format of this file in RGBA8.So which options to select,as im trying to make custom title.Please help me out.
I have no idea if this is still being monitored.

In any case, the fast IWI DDS converter would be a godsend for making higher res textures for MW2.
However, it shows up with a -13 fatal error every single time, even on unedited camouflage files of 11kb size.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Am I missing a .dll plugin or something?

I hope someone can help me.

EDIT: running the tool in windows xp sp3 compaitibility mode fixed it.
Hey I've been using your fast converter for so long now and loved it since I picked it up. But recently I've been getting "Fatal Errors -13" I'm not sure what is going on I haven't changed my process so I'm 100% sure its not my end that's causing this issue please help.
EDIT: for people getting 'Fatal Error -13' , read bottom of post.

I've just attempted to use this tool and had some issues. First of all, for everyone's sake. Here's an explanation for each error code you can receive:

Fatal Error -16 = Unknown (GetFileAttributes returnsINVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES)
Fatal Error -15 = Generally, this means that the file either doesn't exist or there is something else wrong with accessing it.
Fatal Error -14 = The file is less than 128 bytes in size (0.125 of a kilobyte)
Fatal Error -13 = The file is too large (bigger than 64 megabytes) (Read below please)
Fatal Error -12 = Unknown (CreateFileMappingA fails/returns null)
Fatal Error -11 = Unknown (MapViewOfFile fails/returns null)

NOTE about 'Fatal Error -13':
I got this error a few times when inputting files that weren't actually bigger than 64 megabyte, nor even close to that size. It turns out there was probably an issue in the way file was saved with permissions.

Solution 1: Set iwi_dds_fast_converter.exe to Run as Administrator inside it's compatibility settings, it should work fine then.

Solution 2: Go into the properties of the file you are trying to convert, go to the security tab, click 'Edit', select the Users group in the top pane, then tick the 'Full Control' tickbox in the bottom pane. Press Ok, and Ok, and this should fix the error.

For the developer:In the code, I noticed that there was a mistake in the error checking. CreateFileA and GetFileSize both return non-null values when they fail. However, you are checking if the return result == null... instead, check if CreateFileA returns -1 instead, as this is what happens when it fails. Otherwise the execution continues and GetFileSize obviously fails, and ALSO returns -1 which gets cast to an unsigned value which means it will be read as 0xFFFFFFFF, or4,294,967,295, which is obviously much bigger than the 67108736 byte (64mB) limit that is in the code, after the call to GetFileSize.