• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Release] IWI DDS Fast Converter V1.40
So I've made a tool for Black Ops II (works with other call of duty's too) to convert iwi files to dds and back from dds to iwi. It should work on basically all iwi files, because it supports all iwi formats, and writes the proper flags to the dds/iwi.

This tool supports the following image formats:

- A8R8G8B8
- R8G8B8
- A4R4G4B4
- A8
- DXT1
- DXT3
- DXT5
- 3Dc (ATI2)
- R16G16B16A16 float (Not tested, because I haven't found any file with this type)

And the following games:

- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty 2

It also supports mipmaps, cube maps and volume maps (even stuff like mipmapped cubemaps)

So, when someone makes an ipak repacker, I hope that this will be useful in some way.

- Instructions:

1. Drag and drop any dds or iwi file to the exe of this tool (you can also drag and drop multiple files)
2. Magic

- Version log:

- V1.0: Initial release
- V1.20: Added fix when writing to iwi flag
- V1.26: Added support for MW3, BO1, MW2, WaW, MW and COD2; fixed some small bugs
- V1.28: Fixed multidrop bug
- V1.40: Added support for R8G8B8 and A4R4G4B4; fixed A8 bug with Black Ops 2; file size limit raised to 64MB

- Credits:

- @kokole
- http://www.callofduty.ru/wiki/ (thank you Heart for the iwi header structures)

- Download:

.rar   iwi_dds_fast_converter.rar (Size: 32.74 KB / Downloads: 22,494)
We're one step closer to repacking ^^
Well done. Not sure why you called it 'fast' converter, but eitherway, very nice.
(12-18-2012, 16:53)JariZ Wrote: Not sure why you called it 'fast' converter, but eitherway, very nice.

Because you just drag and drop Big Grin
(12-18-2012, 16:53)JariZ Wrote: We're one step closer to repacking ^^
Well done. Not sure why you called it 'fast' converter, but eitherway, very nice.

OMG so fast Big Grin
Great job @ kokole
[Image: 9824]
@kokole where have I seen that before.....
(12-18-2012, 17:01)JariZ Wrote: @kokole where have I seen that before.....

Coudn't think of a better name, well, doesn't mater at all Smile
Someone try pakscape? or at least tried to read old tutorial from quake (still same engine) about "how to add file back to Pak file"? Pak,Pk3 and Pk4 are only simple compressor file that use Zlib
(12-18-2012, 21:59)Gladio Wrote: Someone try pakscape? or at least tried to read old tutorial from quake (still same engine) about "how to add file back to Pak file"? Pak,Pk3 and Pk4 are only simple compressor file that use Zlib

.ipak files are not .pak files :/
yunoopensource. LOL Nice job. Smile
[Image: 30xhrep.png]

A casual conversation between barata and I about Nukem.
(12-19-2012, 00:18)master131 Wrote: yunoopensource. LOL Nice job. Smile

like you post your sources Awesome