Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Release Cyborg's AI Survival 1.1
(03-01-2012, 00:32)often dead Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 15:05)Cyborgking Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 12:00)often dead Wrote: Cyborgking, i am currently running your mod on a private match environment prior to buying a game server. I love it. I had to Download the source in order to get the attack chopper to work., i was curious, as i was playing around with the files in the "mod_menu.gsc" file and was able to change the prices on some items and now they do cost less, only problem is the menu screen that players read, still have the item reflect they cost more then they really do, which file would i edit to have the appearance reflect the items actual cost?
This will be a two part question if i may. I was also hoping to add additional items i have seen on other servers, like attack dogs, sentry guns etc. Can that be done by copying the format you have for the other items on the menu in the "mod_menu.gsc" file? Thank You again in advance!! Smile
To change what prices the player see you'd have to edit mod_menu.menu found in mods\mp_AISurvival\ui_mp\scriptmenus. And build the mod through mod tools (Make sure you check link fastfile). That'll put everything in the .ff file and makes sure your menu is updated.
You'll also need to edit that file to add a new item to the shop. Simply copy and paste an existing item and change the text, the y location (there is a space of 15 between every item, 50 between every section and 20 between a section title and an item) and the scriptmenuresponse. You'll do the other part in the mod_menu.gsc like you described.

Good luck! Smile

Fantastic!!!!
I also got my hands on a version you made for another player, he gave me the whole source including an area to add discounts for players. They include and area listing a code or id for the players. [[level.givediscount]]("11000010*******");, i was curious where i would find a number like that to associate to each player that plays, so i can add new members to the discount area.
You can find the number when you type /steamid in console(don't hit enter). This is not your actual steamid btw, which is somethign like steam:0:100302 just the id for the game. The only way as far as I know to see the steamid of others is with a function that you can put in the gsc that will show the steamid of the player selected in the gsc.
If you want to update the discounts list, you'd have to put the discount file in the ftp and sync the mod with the sever, which will require a server restart. I have also made the discounts list through a dvar once, where changing it would not require a server restart, only a map restart. Problem is that you can only overwrite the list, not just simply remove or add something from the existing list.
Would like to make a donation? Click here

Quote:You can find the number when you type /steamid in console(don't hit enter). This is not your actual steamid btw, which is somethign like steam:0:100302 just the id for the game. The only way as far as I know to see the steamid of others is with a function that you can put in the gsc that will show the steamid of the player selected in the gsc.
If you want to update the discounts list, you'd have to put the discount file in the ftp and sync the mod with the sever, which will require a server restart. I have also made the discounts list through a dvar once, where changing it would not require a server restart, only a map restart. Problem is that you can only overwrite the list, not just simply remove or add something from the existing list.

Thank You again for all your help in advance, i know you are working on other mods and to see you help me out here is greatly appreciated.

As for the discount list, I tried it on both a dedicated server and prematch on my home pc. The private match recognized my friends steam id, but not mine. It was neat to see the Change in the menu.
As for the dedicated server; it did not recognize anyone on the discount list when they played. upon editing i just replaced the steam ids already on the page with ones from our group, and overwrote the file via ftp. Curious if i was missing something Smile Thank You again.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

(03-02-2012, 10:14)often dead Wrote:
Quote:You can find the number when you type /steamid in console(don't hit enter). This is not your actual steamid btw, which is somethign like steam:0:100302 just the id for the game. The only way as far as I know to see the steamid of others is with a function that you can put in the gsc that will show the steamid of the player selected in the gsc.

Thank You again for all your help in advance, i know you are working on other mods and to see you help me out here is greatly appreciated.

As for the discount list, I tried it on both a dedicated server and prematch on my home pc. The private match recognized my friends steam id, but not mine. It was neat to see the Change in the menu.
As for the dedicated server; it did not recognize anyone on the discount list when they played. upon editing i just replaced the steam ids already on the page with ones from our group, and overwrote the file via ftp. Curious if i was missing something Smile Thank You again.
Like I said before I think. after you overwrote the file via ftp, you'd have to sync mod with server which requires a server restart.

If Mauideath is asking 45 dollars for setting this all up, but I am setting it up instead now, then why don't you send me a little donation? Smile

If you need further help I think it'll be better to send me a PM, so we can keep this topic spicific for this version.
Would like to make a donation? Click here

(03-02-2012, 16:16)Cyborgking Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 10:14)often dead Wrote:

Like I said before I think. after you overwrote the file via ftp, you'd have to sync mod with server which requires a server restart.

If Mauideath is asking 45 dollars for setting this all up, but I am setting it up instead now, then why don't you send me a little donation? Smile

If you need further help I think it'll be better to send me a PM, so we can keep this topic spicific for this version.

Yep, tried did the overwrite , resync, and server restart to no avail. I might be taking you or maui up on that offer. Im currently checking to see if there is an issue with it on game servers prior. Thank you again, will be in touch Smile

cyborg can help ya out. Take me out of this loop. Im no longer doing anything with mods.

Actually doing a little research i have been able to get the discounts working and added some new maps to the mix, it is working out better than expected. I would like to thank you for the help and i will keep you informed on how this awesome mod is working out. Thank you again. Hit me up if you want to add it to your server list Smile

Don't know if anyone still reads this thread. I'd like to change player respawn time back to the origianal 18 secs instead of either 0 or wait till end of round.
i thought that i could just do it with the change in a mod_settings.gsc and add the line
level.respawntime = 18;

Infact, couldn't most of the mod.ff be modified at that point?

Cyborg , I sent you a PM about making a mod for our clan. Our clan and I will definately make a donation for your efforts. I love this mod, but the ones out there are far too easy imo. I have a few changes to an existing one that I think would be fun.

@Fermions
First you can set the difficulty. And somewhere here in the Thread or some one else should be a tutorial how to add more rounds and more shop things. If you try it, you get it. So you can make the mod 100% so you want to.

(04-08-2012, 00:50)Elite_Nudel Wrote: @Fermions
First you can set the difficulty. And somewhere here in the Thread or some one else should be a tutorial how to add more rounds and more shop things. If you try it, you get it. So you can make the mod 100% so you want to.

i tried to figure it out myself. couldnt get anywhere. using black ops mod tools is difficult.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] War Room Survival | Final Antlions 3 7,453 07-25-2015, 12:10
Last Post: jc1999
  [Release] Cyborg's Team Gungame v1.1 Cyborgking 8 10,183 10-25-2014, 19:37
Last Post: Cyborgking
  [Release] War Room Survival Alpha Antlions 4 7,542 02-23-2014, 01:33
Last Post: Antlions