• 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General Help Thread
More fun shit.....

So I built a VM on VMWare with Windows XP... Now I can't get the server to launch as the SpecsFix isnt working and it tells me I need a 9ghz processor. This server sucks (to be clear, the server - not your add-on).

Ok. I got it working. FWIW, thanks for all the help and feedback. It appears that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) was causing my issue and in the end corrupted on of the core server files. After disabling it an re-installing, everything is now working. Just a note if anyone else sees this issue:

bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

That command in a cmd window will disable DEP. You need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I would love to see a playerLeave, and playerKilled event from the api. Thanks!
(04-03-2012, 14:58)Paronity Wrote: Ok. I got it working. FWIW, thanks for all the help and feedback. It appears that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) was causing my issue and in the end corrupted on of the core server files. After disabling it an re-installing, everything is now working.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I would love to see a playerLeave, and playerKilled event from the api. Thanks!

Interesting, never thought DEP would block this. Regardless, I'll add it to the main post.

If you haven't noticed yet the logfile contains when players are killed and the API has OnPlayerDamage. Message me if you need to know the log format.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
(04-03-2012, 19:20)Nukem Wrote: Interesting, never thought DEP would block this. Regardless, I'll add it to the main post.

If you haven't noticed yet the logfile contains when players are killed and the API has OnPlayerDamage. Message me if you need to know the log format.

Me neither....wasn't quite sure why.

Also, I did notice they were in the logs but they are insufficient for my purposes and I would need to write a complete new log parser instead of just simply extending my current one. They don't contain the team of the players (what if it's FF?) and they don't have the guids of the players.

I figured since you had them in the logs, you could just expose them through the API. :-)

Hi Nukem or something else who can help me.

My Linux-RootSystem:
ubuntu 11.10
wine,q4wine,winetricks with
dotnet 2.0, dotnet 3.0
vcrun 2008, vcrun2010

ServerAddon with promod 1.10

Since the Version higher than 1.253 of the Server Addon the Server Console doesn't start but with the version 1.253 it start all .. promod and so on and i can play on the Server. The only Problem that i have with the Version 1.253 and promod 1.10 is

1. i have 2 flashes
2. after a fast_restart the Names changes (Attacker,Defender) to the Origin Names (Spez, Gign ...)

My Problem is that i cannot start the latest Version of the Addon, because the Server console dont start.
I had made a screen of the Problem after a update from v1.253 to v1.292.

What have i made to solve the Probs?

1. Reinstall wine and so on
2. New installation of the Game
3. Download the latest Version of Addon
4. Update automatically

... no results

Plz help me. I dont know what should i do.

Greets One Sad

p.s. Sry for the bad English. I hope you understand me Tongue
I really don't understand it. I've copied correctly all files elsewhere in my Hard drive, but when I'm trying to connect to my server it shows "Files different from the server." I really don't get it... Any suggestions? BTW, I'm using MW3 server addon.

(Mod's, if this is in incorrect forum, please move it to correct place.)
[Image: 2616.png]
[Image: 29069he.gif]
[Image: 44891.gif]
[Image: 38107.gif]
Lock 'n' load!
(04-04-2012, 17:09)mantazzo Wrote: I really don't understand it. I've copied correctly all files elsewhere in my Hard drive, but when I'm trying to connect to my server it shows "Files different from the server." I really don't get it... Any suggestions? BTW, I'm using MW3 server addon.

(Mod's, if this is in incorrect forum, please move it to correct place.)

Check all files Server and MP via Steam
Started seeing this in my data.log file with the latest version of the addon;
EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address 0xD8B2B

Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: DMP file attached

.zip   DMP-0xD8B2B-04-08-17-34.zip (Size: 35.46 KB / Downloads: 14)
After removing all plugins and testing I noticed the problem was still happening. I then disabled the new map cycler and it has stopped crashing. I think that is where the problem lies.
please make a tutorial, as you see a lot of people dont understand how to install it, including me
AH FINALLY FOUND IT, you just need mw3 twice. with the first folder you start the server the 2 mw3 you start the multiplayer Smile