Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General Help Thread
(03-27-2012, 10:47)OneEye Wrote: I have a problem with the new Server Addon update on my Linuxroot with Ubuntu 11.10, Wine and so on

the Version 1.290 can't run on Linux Ubuntu 11.10 all other versions running without problems

I have replaced all Server-Addon-files but the server crashed than i try to update automaticly same problems

If i use the old version and disable the Autoupdate i cant create the Server with addons and so on. Huh

If you need more informations plz tell me.

What version is the "old" version? What is your server version? Is anything printed in the log about the crashes?
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

I have just one question.

Lets say I wrote a little plugin which is sending a private message to the client when client says !me. This private message will be done by TellClient function. And you know this function working with client's number.

After that, lets say I started multiple servers from one location. They started and working correctly so I have three servers, A, B and C. All servers are full and a client in server A says !me. Client's number is 5. Client will get a reply with TellClient(5,"message") but when client gets it, what will happen to other clients with number 5 in other servers? Are they get same message?

Or I can ask it like that, when I run multiple servers from one location, threads are different from each other or not?

@Ghooseman Simple answer is No. The long answer is: There's no way that this will happen and it's theoretically impossible for something as this to happen. Each server is a different environment.

(03-27-2012, 21:07)Nukem Wrote: What version is the "old" version? What is your server version? Is anything printed in the log about the crashes?

at the moment i used the version 1.253 this is the only oldversion that i have and after a while i get a debug false.

If i start the promod 1.10 i have a problem too, because i have not 1 flash but 2 .. all the Dvars work

Version 1.290 dont work Confused

If you need something else plz tell me

Greet Thx
One Rolleyes

p.s. if i dont close the debugged problem Window the server running without problems.

Attached Files Image(s)

Code:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
   at Server.CGSCFunc.GetPerkID(SByte* )
   at Addon.CPlugin.GetPerk(String Perk)
   at RollTheDice.Rolls.FiftyPerks.onInit(ServerClient Client)
   at RollTheDice.Rolls.SuperNovaAO.nova(Object arg)
   at RollTheDice.ThreadHandler.Invoker(Object args)

Rainbow 
I'm having a few problems, trying to make a LAN only, server.

I get these annoying "NAT Strict" errors, and I was thinking.. can these errors be removed, as many of the other stuff, you fixed?

Have you tried making sure everything is up-to-date?
This is a general problem, for when I want to run a LAN-only server. I fixed it by simply starting the map rotation, when I launch the server. If I wait too long, it'll happen too.

Are there any crash logs/dumps? If so, post them (on pastebin)
Code:
Succeeded reading from default.dspl
Loaded 1 map entries
Loading DSR "default.dsr"...
Loading Succeeded for DSR "default.dsr"
Invalid server configuration - strict NAT detected.
----- Server Shutdown -----
Steam Game Server shutdown complete.
---------------------------
]map mp_dome
Invalid server configuration - strict NAT detected.

Do you know when or where this occurs?
After a while. Let's say after 10-20 seconds, after opening the server, and then starting the map rotation, or just loading a map.

Do you know how to solve this?
When not waiting for too long after opening up the server (ie. starting it directly thru +start_map_rotate), it'll start. But a mapchange will make it go down.
I was hoping it could be solved by 'removing' the error message, and just start the server anyway?

Have you tried removing all of your plugins?
Yes. I've got this problem, even without the mod.

Is your server running on Linux or Windows?
Windows.

Can you reproduce the error? If so, how?
Open the server.. Wait a few seconds, start the map rotation, and voila. "Invalid server configuration - strict NAT detected."

This is not a issue with the addon, however, you can turn SpecsFix on in addon/sv_config.php

(03-29-2012, 08:39)JariZ Wrote: This is not a issue with the addon, however, you can turn SpecsFix on in addon/sv_config.php

I'm well aware it isn't a problem with the mod, it just seemed to be a nice addition, if not available. I'll try the SpecsFix, thanks. Smile

Hopefully it'll do the trick.

Edit:
It seems like it did! Thanks a bunch! Big Grin

and you need to open the proper ports, or run the server in LAN mode Smile
Had a life, Got a modem..

(03-29-2012, 10:39)pieter Wrote: and you need to open the proper ports, or run the server in LAN mode Smile

All the proper ports are open. In every way it can. Sadly my ISPs routers really do suck, and I need to get a new ISP for it to work. I did however set it to lan mode, but it still won't start, because it's strict, for some reason. The above tweak did fix it, tho.