• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Ops 2 *RoW* Keys available now!
He has a good reason which sounds plausible.

tl;dr: His entire house got robbed empty.

long version:
He contacted me yesterday; why not before? He requested a replacement SIM which he received yesterday, so I was calling and texting a number that he didn't have access to anymore for ~4 days (also plausible since it was over a weekend).

Problem now is: he uses a different randomized password on every site, that list was managed on his stolen computer -> it's gone. Now you could say: reset it via your mail: well, mail account is also lost and retrieving it takes long since his mailprovider requires a copy of his ID card to confirm his identity so they can reset his password there.

Also he has to work so he can't "just go to an internet cafe" because he has to work as well and I think currently trying to get his stuff back is of more concern for him than getting on this board again (also since he also lost his PayPal password he wouldn't even be able to help you).

So in his free time he currently has a Nokia N97 (I think) which keeps crashing on websites with a few images due to lack of memory.

I'll keep you updated and I guess he'll be back soon.
(11-20-2012, 23:28)SuperNovaAO Wrote: He has a good reason which sounds plausible.

tl;dr: His entire house got robbed empty.

long version:
He contacted me yesterday; why not before? He requested a replacement SIM which he received yesterday, so I was calling and texting a number that he didn't have access to anymore for ~4 days.

Problem now is: he uses a different randomized password on every site, that list was managed on his stolen computer -> it's gone. Now you could say: reset it via your mail: well, mail account is also lost and retrieving it takes long since his mailprovider requires a copy of his ID card to confirm his identity so they can reset his password there.

Also he has to work so he can't "just go to an internet cafe" because he has to work as well and I think currently trying to get his stuff back is of more concern for him than getting on this board again (also since he also lost his PayPal password he wouldn't even be able to help you).

So in his free time he currently has a Nokia N97 (I think) which keeps crashing on websites with a few images due to lack of memory.

I'll keep you updated and I guess he'll be back soon.

Hmmm if it's true then tell him I'm sorry... hope he can get everything back :|
If it's not true then still. To anyone who gets robbed I give them the best of luck.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
(11-20-2012, 17:43)MoarProof Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 15:14)JariZ Wrote: I'd like to know what his excuse is for all this

Ditto. In this day and age where a washing machine is a smart internet device, I wonder what could possibly have kept him from using a phone or cafe to get online. That is just me though. I can't live a day who some kinda internet.

Give the guy a break, geez
So he basically roboformed his password, and he didn't back it up.... Even his phone got stolen? Now if it's true, sorry to @d0h! but these are excuses that scammers do use. I wouldn't trust him taking money again till he can get everything resolved, and properly show you owners / mods the police report etc. Also without a paypal, all users should be able to get a refund, since he cannot login to transfer it yes?
If it's true I'm very sorry for @d0h!. But it's pretty weird still. Who is smart enough to randomize all his passwords, but doesn't have more than 1 backup of all his passwords?
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
I use keepass as password manager and keep the database file of it in my dropbox. (even if somebody hacks into my dropbox, there's still a - strong - password on the database file)
If my computer(s) ever get stolen, I still have a way to get to my passwords.
Having your passwords randomized is good, Not having a (online) backup is something entirely different.
Sorry for @d0h! he has more problems than just some modding website. Hope he will sort it out.
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]
(11-21-2012, 06:46)MoarProof Wrote: Also without a paypal, all users should be able to get a refund, since he cannot login to transfer it yes?

It is a donation, you willingly gave him your money without getting any physical or virtual goods.
Eventually he should be able to login to PayPal again and I guess he will then be able to resolve it.
(11-21-2012, 08:07)Pozzuh Wrote: If it's true I'm very sorry for @d0h!. But it's pretty weird still. Who is smart enough to randomize all his passwords, but doesn't have more than 1 backup of all his passwords?

Don't be stupid please, you can easily find your ''SAVED'' passwords from website, right click "View Website Information" - > " Safety" - > " Usernames " - > " Show Password tick yes and refresh" and you can see all PW.
(11-21-2012, 18:10)Stoukas Wrote:
(11-21-2012, 08:07)Pozzuh Wrote: If it's true I'm very sorry for @d0h!. But it's pretty weird still. Who is smart enough to randomize all his passwords, but doesn't have more than 1 backup of all his passwords?

Don't be stupid please, you can easily find your ''SAVED'' passwords from website, right click "View Website Information" - > " Safety" - > " Usernames " - > " Show Password tick yes and refresh" and you can see all PW.

?
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ops 2 Custom background? jotape99 10 11,607 10-29-2013, 07:22
Last Post: xInfinity.
  Black ops Help Bluexephos 4 4,889 10-06-2013, 16:24
Last Post: Nekochan
  Steam keys Arteq 9 7,079 08-29-2013, 18:55
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Release] Black Ops 1 "External" Console barata 16 18,098 07-19-2013, 21:15
Last Post: Jakeyellis
  [Release] Black Ops FF Explorer master131 37 38,150 07-11-2013, 04:07
Last Post: Jake625
  A question about the Call of Duty Black Ops king_dom 1 3,392 07-08-2013, 05:26
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  Black Ops 1 External Console meowgasm 8 9,048 07-04-2013, 00:57
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Release] Black Ops Single Player/Zombie Trainer V3.6 Craig87 52 79,396 07-01-2013, 15:12
Last Post: explosivebanana55
Wink Preview Black ops 2 - CFG file dump SLiiTH3R 11 17,403 06-09-2013, 16:01
Last Post: dylankrajewski
Sad Help Minecraft-Mojang Loading Screen, Than Black Screen mans123 6 6,316 06-01-2013, 19:40
Last Post: Shreddie