• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Loading Mods (With Mod Support 1.09)
Hello all,

first i wanna say an big THX to the people who are sharing info's in this forumSmile

But i have an question about loading the mod with patch 1.09. I have done it like the description on first site.

1: I created and mods folder in SteamApps/common/call of duty black ops
2: Inside the mod folder i created subfolders mp_modname/maps/mp/gametypes
3: Put modified gsc files inside (_globallogic.gsc/_rank.gsc...)

Now i start the game and i don't see any mod to load in the Mod-menu. Anyone knows this problem?

greetz
Sisifuz
(06-08-2011, 16:03)sisifuz Wrote: 2: Inside the mod folder i created subfolders mp_modname/maps/mp/gametypes

You need to call the folder: mods
(06-08-2011, 16:11)surtek Wrote: You need to call the folder: mods

Sry, i forgot in my post the 's'.
So this is the whole struct: SteamApps/common/call of duty black ops/mods/mp_modname/maps/mp/gametypes

greetz
Sisifuz
(06-08-2011, 16:17)sisifuz Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 16:11)surtek Wrote: You need to call the folder: mods

Sry, i forgot in my post the 's'.
So this is the whole struct: SteamApps/common/call of duty black ops/mods/mp_modname/maps/mp/gametypes

greetz
Sisifuz

If you follow in the right way struct after loading mod you will have on the up right corner script that say mods/mp_modname.
are you sure that you load mod from main menu?
If your mod dont work you will reach error msg but sometime if you mod only some setting or gametype the game can reset to basic .cfg, like to try load OIC gametype in ranked server after patch, the gametype swicht to softcore TDM
Thx for your helping hands!

I have two OS installed (Vista/WIN7) that can't see each other. I installed Steam and COD7 in Vista on an shared partition. On WIN7 i only installed steam over the existing one on the shared partition. No need to install Black Ops again.

It seems that the game is missing some registry entrys to run mods (playing single/multiplayer is no problem). On Vista with full installtion i can load the mod.
Now the modding can beginn.

Someone have an idea to run the mod with an shortcut, like eg. COD5?

greetz
Sisifuz
perhaps i am making mistakes somewhere but a lot of the mods ive tried from here dont work, i get script errors on line 73xxx when the file is only 1k lines long.

some of the mods work great and i am using the same file structure as i do on the ones that work.

any input? am i grabbing mods that are pre 1.09 support that need something else to be done, I have tried most of the mods of the mod classification list.
(06-10-2011, 16:59)synaptik Wrote: perhaps i am making mistakes somewhere but a lot of the mods ive tried from here dont work, i get script errors on line 73xxx when the file is only 1k lines long.

some of the mods work great and i am using the same file structure as i do on the ones that work.

any input? am i grabbing mods that are pre 1.09 support that need something else to be done, I have tried most of the mods of the mod classification list.

have you try to add "gamescript" packed with winrar? or try to packed mod into .ff file? more info about it you can find in forum.

not tried yet but packing file into .ff can resolve this.

(06-10-2011, 21:25)Gladio Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 16:59)synaptik Wrote: perhaps i am making mistakes somewhere but a lot of the mods ive tried from here dont work, i get script errors on line 73xxx when the file is only 1k lines long.

have you try to add "gamescript" packed with winrar? or have you try to packed mod into .ff file? more info about it can be find in forum.

Played "ai zombie mod" from BO menu and thank to Nukem to give us for free and ready to be played, and ofcourse Nova for fast DL

have you try to add "gamescript" packed with winrar? or try to packed mod into .ff file? more info about it you can find in forum.

have you try to add "gamescript" packed with winrar? or have you try to packed mod into .ff file? more info about it can be find in forum.

Played "ai zombie mod" from BO menu and thank to Nukem to give us for free and ready to be played, and ofcourse Nova for fast DL

no i have not tried this, i dont know anything about fastfiles, would i need itsmodloader or can i do this through supported mod tools, i am currently at work on a pc i cant really do much on, hopefully i can find what you are talking about when i get home and make it work ... i want to play some mods! (surrently i have a sniper one ... by damage i think (modified to do a couple diff setups but basically the same mod a couple times over) and azu's roll teh dice (some of the rolls dont work *wallhack, super jump height, cant remember the rest*)
Question 
hey. i am new here and when i do everything you write its an error when i start a game with the mod i inserted... help please?Huh
I like Ice Cream! Btw iPaddie and d0h are AwSoME! Awesome Awesome
Specifying the error type would be appreciated
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Load mods on unranked dedicateds AZUMIKKEL 22 21,521 05-14-2015, 08:49
Last Post: Revolution