Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial How to play with controller on Modern Warfare 3
Hi guys,

I don't mean to intrude on your message board, I totally understand you wanting to keep spammers and advertisers out of your forum. The company I work for, however, makes a piece of software that allows you to play MW3 with a controller at no cost. While we do have membership versions, that is not what I'm here to tell you about.

Our software is totally free and requires registration solely to verify your email address. No, we don't send spam or sell email address lists, and opting out from communication is very easy to do if you think we're sending too much (also, I'm the person who sends out all of our emails, and I can tell you the list of free users we have may get an email once in 3-6 months if that).

If you'd like to try out our take on the way MW3 should be played with a controller, you can get the setup file here:

http://www.joystixpro.com/get-joystix/#free

You'll just need to locate the MW3 box art and click the "Download" button below it.

Also, here's a video we made to show some in-game play:

Again, I just want to express that I'm not looking to spam your board or make money from your readers; we just have this software and since there is a discussion on the topic, I thought I'd give you guys a way to do this for free (Pinnacle, as far as I know, doesn't have any lasting, as in not a trial, free version).

Happy hunting =)

Clayton "Vapor" Mayo
Joystix Pro

@JoystixPro Haha, didn't expect this to happen.
I'll try it out

(12-05-2011, 23:38)jariz Wrote: @JoystixPro Haha, didn't expect this to happen.
I'll try it out

There are 2 things you should probably be aware of:

1. In order to make the "B" button both crouch and prone, you just need to assign the "C" key in the game settings to "Change Position" instead of "Crouch"

2. The 4th killstreak reward isn't assigned to a button on the controller just because we ran out of buttons. It was kind of a gamble: if we had included it we would have had to leave out another very important in-game action so we just went with the lesser of two evils, so to speak.

I hope you like the app! We love to hear feedback by the way, so feel free to let me know if you have any thoughts:

clayton[at]joystixpro.com

Thanks!

So you want me to download the 134 MB file? What else comes bundled with it? A simple controller emulation software cannot be 134 MB.

Suspicious.

(12-09-2011, 23:01)Maajid Wrote: So you want me to download the 134 MB file? What else comes bundled with it? A simple controller emulation software cannot be 134 MB.

Suspicious.

I agree.... Undecided

(12-09-2011, 23:01)Maajid Wrote: So you want me to download the 134 MB file? What else comes bundled with it? A simple controller emulation software cannot be 134 MB.

Suspicious.

Hi Maajid,

What makes the file size so large is that there is an installer for DirectX 9.0c included in the setup. We found this to be a necessity because our software requires some things included in 9.0c that are, aparently, not a part of DirectX 11. Without DirectX 9.0c, Joystix Pro is unable to detect the controller. Without the DirectX installer, the setup file would be ~30 MB.

Hope that clears that up!

Vapor

You can also buy Xbox360/PS3, buy a copy of MW3 on Xbox360/PS3, buy a Xbox360/PS3 controller, and then play with controller like it should be. Easy.

(12-11-2011, 23:14)Madnesslink5 Wrote: You can also buy Xbox360/PS3, buy a copy of MW3 on Xbox360/PS3, buy a Xbox360/PS3 controller, and then play with controller like it should be. Easy.

Some people (like me) like to have the advantages of PC and Xbox at the same time

PC
  • Mods
  • Graphics (DirectX11 etc)

Xbox
  • Controller

Those are pretty much all advantages for xbox Awesome

(12-09-2011, 23:44)JoystixPro Wrote:

Suspicious.

Hi Maajid,

What makes the file size so large is that there is an installer for DirectX 9.0c included in the setup. We found this to be a necessity because our software requires some things included in 9.0c that are, aparently, not a part of DirectX 11. Without DirectX 9.0c, Joystix Pro is unable to detect the controller. Without the DirectX installer, the setup file would be ~30 MB.

Vapor

You soothed me into downloading the large file, but it didn't detect the controller (connected via USB). Oh well, it could be worse.

(12-14-2011, 22:10)Maajid Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 23:44)JoystixPro Wrote:

Suspicious.

Hi Maajid,

Vapor

You soothed me into downloading the large file, but it didn't detect the controller (connected via USB). Oh well, it could be worse.

We support controllers based on GUID and the name as read by the computer. The main controllers we support are the Microsoft Xbox 360 controllers, wired and wireless, though we also have support for some Logitech (Dual Action, Rumble Pad 2, F 3- 5- and 710) and Saitek (Cyborg V3) controllers.

If you have a generic Xbox 360 controller, send me an email and we can probably get it working for you--we just have to add the information for that specific controller to the application and the new controller list will be downloaded the next time you open the application.

Supporting a controller based on it's GUID has at least one flaw, though: if the manufacturer decides to change up GUIDs on the same controller line, we may only have some of the controllers supported. This happened one time with a genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, but the member got in contact with me and we made sure we had support for it added the same day.

I left my email address up-thread, but here it is again: clayton [at] joystixpro.com

If you want to give the app a try, shoot me an email and I'll send you the application we have to read the GUID and controller name--it's painless, I promise. Or if you have one of the controllers we already support, definitely let me know and I'll be happy to figure out what's going on.

Sorry to be so long-winded =)

-Vapor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Bot Warfare ineedbots 0 4,590 11-10-2013, 06:15
Last Post: ineedbots
  Warfare DidUknowiPwn 16 16,214 08-27-2013, 23:22
Last Post: 26hz
  Admin Server Tool for Modern Warfare 3 for Teknogods??? odok 5 13,062 06-22-2013, 11:02
Last Post: surtek
  Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare topic? Erik The Born 1 3,313 06-07-2013, 17:41
Last Post: Pozzuh
  [Release] Modern Warfare 3 Fast File Sounds master131 5 17,423 05-21-2013, 16:46
Last Post: ZURA.
Question Help play FX [HARD] Tony. 9 5,961 05-08-2013, 14:42
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  Do you play runescape? :D check this out xD [BTK]Foxy 1 2,833 04-05-2013, 18:16
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
  [Release] Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Airdrops & Killstreaks d0h! 8 11,174 04-03-2013, 06:54
Last Post: USCR
  Counter-Strike: Warfare d0h! 14 18,027 03-16-2013, 21:10
Last Post: mertkanereli
Video Just Let`s Play [Z00MBY] Alex 24 13,984 03-10-2013, 20:59
Last Post: Arteq