• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Black Ops Tank War Recode
Why i am requesting this because tank war is exist in Black Ops, you can see it from dvars and also gsc files. And I think it is possible to recode Tank War and make it works in the way of modding, here's some description about Tank War in gsc.
Quote: Tank War
Objective: Capture the enemies starting point by "walking" the capture points
Map ends: When one team captures the other teams starting point, or time limit is reached
Respawning: No wait / Near teammates

Level requirements
------------------
Spawnpoints:
classname mp_twar_spawn
All players spawn from these. The spawnpoint chosen is dependent on the current locations of owned flags, teammates and
enemies at the time of spawn. Players generally spawn behind their teammates relative to the direction of enemies.
Optionally, give a spawnpoint a script_linkto to specify which flag it "belongs" to (see Flag Descriptors).

Spectator Spawnpoints:
classname mp_global_intermission
Spectators spawn from these and intermission is viewed from these positions.
Atleast one is required, any more and they are randomly chosen between.

Flags:
classname trigger_radius
targetname flag_primary or flag_secondary
Flags that need to be captured to win. Primary flags take time to capture; secondary flags are instant.

Flag Descriptors:
classname script_origin
targetname twar_flag_descriptor
Place one flag descriptor close to each flag. Use the script_linkname and script_linkto properties to say which flags
it can be considered "adjacent" to in the level. For instance, if players have a primary path from flag1 to flag2, and
from flag2 to flag3, flag2 would have a twar_flag_descriptor with these properties:
script_linkname flag2
script_linkto flag1 flag3

Set scr_domdebug to 1 to see flag connections and what spawnpoints are considered connected to each flag.

Level script requirements
-------------------------
Team Definitions:
game["allies"] = "marines";
game["axis"] = "nva";
This sets the nationalities of the teams. Allies can be american, british, or russian. Axis can be german.

If using minefields or exploders:
maps\mp\_load::main();

Optional level script settings
------------------------------
Soldier Type and Variation:
game["american_soldiertype"] = "normandy";
game["german_soldiertype"] = "normandy";
This sets what character models are used for each nationality on a particular map.

Valid settings:
american_soldiertype normandy
british_soldiertype normandy, africa
russian_soldiertype coats, padded
german_soldiertype normandy, africa, winterlight, winterdark

I recommand guys to use dom.gsc as base to do it because master131 tried to use twar.gsc but failed to get it work

Because it is a long code, so I posted it to pastebin:
Twar.gsc: http://pastebin.com/uGWed6my
[Image: wyipjqo9qon7rc2v1lo.jpg]
(02-08-2011, 12:57)alistair3149 Wrote: Why i am requesting this because tank war is exist in Black Ops, you can see it from dvars and also gsc files. And I think it is possible to recode Tank War and make it works in the way of modding, here's some description about Tank War in gsc.
Map ends: When one team captures the other teams starting point, or time limit is reached

Level requirements
------------------
Spawnpoints:
classname mp_twar_spawn
All players spawn from these. The spawnpoint chosen is dependent on the current locations of owned flags, teammates and
enemies at the time of spawn. Players generally spawn behind their teammates relative to the direction of enemies.
Optionally, give a spawnpoint a script_linkto to specify which flag it "belongs" to (see Flag Descriptors).

Spectator Spawnpoints:

Flags:
classname trigger_radius
Flags that need to be captured to win. Primary flags take time to capture; secondary flags are instant.

Flag Descriptors:
classname script_origin
Place one flag descriptor close to each flag. Use the script_linkname and script_linkto properties to say which flags
it can be considered "adjacent" to in the level. For instance, if players have a primary path from flag1 to flag2, and
from flag2 to flag3, flag2 would have a twar_flag_descriptor with these properties:
script_linkname flag2

Set scr_domdebug to 1 to see flag connections and what spawnpoints are considered connected to each flag.

Team Definitions:
game["axis"] = "nva";
This sets the nationalities of the teams. Allies can be american, british, or russian. Axis can be german.

This sets what character models are used for each nationality on a particular map.

Valid settings:

I recommand guys to use dom.gsc as base to do it because master131 tried to use twar.gsc but failed to get it work

you cannot recode something they never finished. Big Grin for one, if its called Tank Wars, you cant spawn a tank, the model/vehicle doesnt exist because it would be a waste of space to include it but never use it
(02-09-2011, 04:01)Killingdyl Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 12:57)alistair3149 Wrote: Why i am requesting this because tank war is exist in Black Ops, you can see it from dvars and also gsc files. And I think it is possible to recode Tank War and make it works in the way of modding, here's some description about Tank War in gsc.

Level requirements
------------------
Spawnpoints:
classname mp_twar_spawn

Spectator Spawnpoints:

Flags:
classname trigger_radius

Flag Descriptors:
classname script_origin
script_linkname flag2

Team Definitions:
game["axis"] = "nva";

Valid settings:

you cannot recode something they never finished. Big Grin for one, if its called Tank Wars, you cant spawn a tank, the model/vehicle doesnt exist because it would be a waste of space to include it but never use it
Its not really tank...I read them many times and most of them related to dom files and models, its just a five flag version of dom i think
(P.S: I know you got retarded tank)
[Image: wyipjqo9qon7rc2v1lo.jpg]
I managed to run this, there is one flag which respawns in different places each time somebody captures it.
Its very buggy gametype and it seems to use different older worse hud elements etc. than other gametypes.
Also notice there are trasnlations for some strings but they don't work sometimes.
helped ya? rep me +

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Ops arcade tank in mutliplayer? Erik The Born 20 9,781 10-29-2013, 16:49
Last Post: Erik The Born
  Black Ops 2 Custom background? jotape99 10 11,608 10-29-2013, 07:22
Last Post: xInfinity.
  Black ops Help Bluexephos 4 4,889 10-06-2013, 16:24
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Release] Black Ops 1 "External" Console barata 16 18,101 07-19-2013, 21:15
Last Post: Jakeyellis
  [Release] Black Ops FF Explorer master131 37 38,156 07-11-2013, 04:07
Last Post: Jake625
  A question about the Call of Duty Black Ops king_dom 1 3,392 07-08-2013, 05:26
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  Black Ops 1 External Console meowgasm 8 9,049 07-04-2013, 00:57
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Release] Black Ops Single Player/Zombie Trainer V3.6 Craig87 52 79,406 07-01-2013, 15:12
Last Post: explosivebanana55
Wink Preview Black ops 2 - CFG file dump SLiiTH3R 11 17,407 06-09-2013, 16:01
Last Post: dylankrajewski
Sad Help Minecraft-Mojang Loading Screen, Than Black Screen mans123 6 6,316 06-01-2013, 19:40
Last Post: Shreddie