• 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
[Release] MW2 Campaign CO-OP
How was your reaction when Infinity Ward said that there aren't going to be any campaign coop missions, but instead special missions?

I wasn't happy, and a few months ago (3-5 months?), I saw that some PS3 modder posted about a command "coop_mapname" which he found.
(Another thing which prooves how bad/lazy IW sometimes is)
I decided to try, and it indeed, worked.
However, the scripts was just applied to the main player (the host), so I decided to tweak these scripts a bit.

I was going to finish this, but I gave up.
And today, I thought "Why not to upload this?"
So, when you play this, please keep in mind that I didn't finish this, and there's many bugs.

"Important" bugs which affects your gameplay;
  • In the "Oilrig" misson, you have to use surpressed(silenced) weapons in order to kill the first guard, so don't shoot but instead try to melee him or wait for any of your teammates to kill him.
    I couldn't use the "giveweapon" function on that mission, I have no idea why.
  • On the "Team player" mission, the host won't get any help from general Shepherd to get up, and the other player won't get any weapon. So the host has to kill the enemys on the roof, and then the other player has to get to the truck, then both players will be linked to the car.
  • I haven't finished "The Pit" mission, since it's already a special ops mission.
  • I'm not sure if the stealth in the "Just like old times" works, I can't remember if i've added it or not.
  • The "No Russian" mission and the boat ride part of "Endgame" dosen't work in coop (it just crashes), so I can't be bothered to first find what's causing that, in order to make that map playable for both players.

There's lot's of other bugs, but this ones are the most important ones.

How to play this mod:
One thing that is VERY important, is that both you and your friend have the mod injected, if not, then it isn't going to work well.
(I'm too lazy to take a few examples, but I can say that the scripts will just apply to the one who has injected the mod)

Things both (You, and your friend who you're going to play with) of you need;

1. The modloader (Or any other kind of program which injects .GSC files in MW2 SP)
  2. The mod itself (of course you need it lol).
  3. The developers console unlocked, i'd recommend that you use supernova's .dll which unlocks it.

How to load the mod and play it;
  1. First of all, you have to start MW2 SP, and invite your friend to the special ops lobby.
  2. Now both of you have to inject the mod (If you don't know how, then here's how you do it: Start loaderX.exe and press auto inject)
  3. The host then have to type in the developers console "coop_mapname" and the mapname of the campaign mission (See the list below if you don't know the mapname)
    A small example of this would be:
    Code:
    coop_mapname dcemp
  4. Now the host just has to start the game.

List of the SP maps with their file names and if they're supported or not.
Here's a gameplay video:
(Note that I recorded this before I linked the player to the heli)

Note, i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post such things as the modloader or nova's dll, so i'll just upload the mod itself.
Another important thing to note, is that I may have left some random testing crap in the mod, so tell me if you experience somenthing like that.

Also, thanks for Back2Real for helping me with testing :p

Attached Files
.rar   SPCOOP.rar (Size: 665.2 KB / Downloads: 1,798)
This should enter the Mods contest .. even tho its for mw2

AWESUM FUCK YEAH :FUCKYEA:
(08-10-2011, 12:58)Pozzuh Wrote:
Se7en Wrote:Stealed, from cod4 mod ...
look who's talking

[Release] Old School Mod v2.2
[Release] Scroll menu

Awesome.
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
a reason I might actually play MW2 again.

nice post, there was also something similar in cod4 as you could play SP maps in MP if i'm not mistaken

EDIT:
mind pming me the console unlocker** and the modloader, lost the links Confused
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
Awesome !!
+rep
(09-08-2011, 19:55)Nukem Wrote: a reason I might actually play MW2 again.

nice post, there was also something similar in cod4 as you could play SP maps in MP if i'm not mistaken

Interesting, was it the actual SP map with the AI's and stuffs?
I've just seen this in MW2, where Ntauthority from aIW ported the maps from SP to MP.
damn thats sweet, +rep bro
maybe in the next version playersmodels and a fix for the FX letters walking around?
NOOOOOO NO RUSSIAN ISNT THERE, WHY ? WHY? :FUU: Sad
(09-08-2011, 21:33)jariz Wrote: damn thats sweet, +rep bro
maybe in the next version playersmodels and a fix for the FX letters walking around?
NOOOOOO NO RUSSIAN ISNT THERE, WHY ? WHY? :FUU: Sad

I couldn't add playermodels, in any way Sad
Yamato told me one thing, but that didn't work Confused
(Well, try estate, if you got a playermodel there, then it worked)

And as why no russian isn't there, is because the map crashes even without having any scripts, i'm too lazy trying to find what's causing that.
this is awesom
[Image: ctoc.jpg]
just like me, eh?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Loading mods for campaign/nazi zombies Rendflex 12 10,134 03-07-2013, 14:09
Last Post: Erik The Born
  [Release] MW2 campaign realism mod Rendflex 8 7,923 12-31-2012, 21:13
Last Post: JariZ
Brick MW3 Campaign/Spec ops Trainer v1.9.433 can1907 11 10,034 09-03-2012, 07:48
Last Post: d0h!
  [Release] Barata's & D3nnis - MW3 Tr4iner 1.5.387 (Campaign & Special Ops) D3nnis 8 5,574 02-25-2012, 11:32
Last Post: d0h!
  [News] Campaign Map full of OMAs Yamato 42 17,464 10-17-2011, 15:45
Last Post: AZUMIKKEL
  Modern Warfare 3 - Weapons, Campaign, Characters, Vehcile LEAKED! JLTV 16 10,635 09-28-2011, 09:32
Last Post: alvarogt95
  New Release - Cossacks: Back to War Campaign Expansion Steam 0 4,203 01-21-2011, 19:00
Last Post: Steam