Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Release IPAK extractor (+ library and source) V2.60
It seems that alot (if not, all) of the produced DDS files have the same image repeated several times in different sizes meaning that IWIxDDS isn't recognising the "has mipmaps" flag in the IWI header.

Also, those strange 0xE format IWIs seem to use a compression similar to DXT (maybe DXT2 or DXT4). I used a tool that support several pixel formats: RGB8, A8, ARGB8, and others which all refused to work. Only DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5 seemed to produce a picture, although they were random green squares. It could also some other format that I'm not aware of.

[Image: 2v14un5.png]

[Image: 15hmt7o.png]

[Image: 2eujxag.png]
[Image: 30xhrep.png]

A casual conversation between barata and I about Nukem.

Nice work

Getting closer, keep it up!

Nice work

and @kokole can you make a re-packer for that because after editing iwi files for use edited files need to repack that .

I've released a new version of my IPAK extractor, i've fixed a bug, if the iwi file is bigger than 256kb then the iwi data repeats twice instead of grabbing the second iwi segment (fixed now), I've added a parameter to the functions (see library documentation), and released source. And please, if you're going to find out how to convert iwi files, dont experiment with files bigger than 256kb, because they have padding inside, but you can compile my source and change the passed bool skipFilePadding to ipak_manager_v2::ExtractFiles to true, im not sure if this is right (to skip padding inside the file), so its disabled in my program by default.

By the way this could prefectly be jpg files or whatever, not only dds.

(12-04-2012, 13:47)raminr63 Wrote: Nice work

and @kokole can you make a re-packer for that because after editing iwi files for use edited files need to repack that .

I think that we need a way to edit iwi's first Tongue

(12-03-2012, 17:23)Tomsen1410 Wrote: An Error appears for me when I want to start the .exe:
Something like "Coulnt be started because the Side-By-Side Configuration is invalid"
(in german)

Try: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=side+by+side+config...+incorrect

(12-04-2012, 17:06)kokole Wrote: By the way this could prefectly be jpg files or whatever

JPG compression uses a format byte of 0x7. It could be PNG like you said on the other thread.
[Image: 30xhrep.png]

A casual conversation between barata and I about Nukem.

I keep getting "ERROR CODE - 12"

(12-05-2012, 14:02)Awk34 Wrote: I keep getting "ERROR CODE - 12"

Download the tool again and tell me what you get now

(12-05-2012, 15:35)kokole Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 14:02)Awk34 Wrote: I keep getting "ERROR CODE - 12"

Download the tool again and tell me what you get now

Now I'm getting this:
"ERROR CODE - 12
GetLastError(): 6"

EDIT: Nevermind. I was being an idiot and forgot to run it as administrator Undecided