• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview Paintball Island
Well, with help of some youtube tutorials and unreal wiki articles you can do a lot of things, you need to be working on it full time though, and it consumes a lot of time.
There are a lot of different tools you'll have to use in UDK to just create a menu and you'll need a shitload of software (see mainthread)
I do not have any weapons yet, like I said, it's not done yet.

tl;dr You'll need to have a lot of time and have basic experience with flash (actionscript), photoshop, etc
Here are some 3840x2160 super HD screenshots (not resized, directly rendered by unreal)

http://jariz.nl/Highres_Screenshot_00004.bmp
http://jariz.nl/Highres_Screenshot_00005.bmp
looks nice! Smile

this thread reminded me of the old HL1 paintball mod and/or these CS:S paintbal maps

http://gamebanana.com/css/maps/134254
Had a life, Got a modem..
[Image: 1LmiebL1jR.png]

Splash screen Tongue
(06-21-2012, 12:17)JariZ Wrote: [Image: 1LmiebL1jR.png]

Splash screen Tongue
really cool :3 when you end doing it in udk remake it for cry engine :p
LOL
Huge update

Okay, I wanted to say it a long ago and this update video finally made me do this. You can think that I am a faggot without any reasons and right thoughts, how azu thinks, but well, nobody likes criticizing. This is just my opinion that is based on what I see. Again, maybe I am mistaken, maybe idk something, but you show this project off as something really cool, that you put into lots of effort (like se7en did with his game engine, that was really hard) but I do not see it. I do not want to discuss menu, because idk how it was made, maybe it is really hard... But the gameplay... What have you done? Made map with grass, trees and water, what you can do very fast even without any knowledge of UDK, just following tutorial. You put some models made by @Dountill on your map... And thats all? Maybe I cannot see anything? Because trees and grass and water and this gun were already in UDK and they have been put onto the map without any changes. So what was really hard for you? Explain it to me please, because @G-Man is too silly to understand what was so hard.
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]
It takes a lot of time to optimize the world settings, create the terrain, set up the terrain layers, set the right lightning settings, get DOF working nicely, find the right kismet actions/events, understanding and at the same time fuck around with some settings and learn stuff. Time which I don't have, because this still is a school project, with a certain deathline.
Before I start working on this project, I didn't knew a single thing about UDK.
I worked on this for ~2 months now, and that's all I can use for this project, I can start creating my own engine, But then I won't have much of a game to show off to my school (I probably won't even get the engine done in time)
Besides, I don't get why this wouldn't be cool...? Compare this to the crappy Paintball mods you see (pieter already showed a example of them) and it'd be the best paintball mod out there. (if finished which ONE AGAIN, isn't (notice the word 'development' in the title Awesome ?).)
The HUD and the weapon are just placeholder (just like everything else isn't done yet), Those are from UT3 and are not meant to be in the final release. Both are entirely for testing.
I agree that se7en's engine thingy is much cooler then my stuff but I'm (mostly) a webdeveloper, I don't create games, I might have some modding skills but that's where it ends.
I really wish I had more time to add the paintball gun as well, but sadly I don't.
If everyone else agrees that my project is lame, i'll just shut up about it Okay . (I created this thread on request of @zxz0O0 )
I don't think you're a faggot, why would I? Everyone should be able to express their opinion, And I kinda see your point. (although you seem to be targeting me a lot lately)

Anyway, have some screens of UnrealKismet and UnrealMatinee (I had some cooler screenshots from different programs outside of UDK, but no idea how I can get them quickly because I already wasted enough time on this post)

[Image: 23NgG6ckMJ.png]
[Image: 1uChe6ffFS.png]
[Image: WHOl3Qd8IC.png]

tl;dr I do not have the time nor the experience to create everything on my own, and I created more then you think I did.
Thanks for info Smile The thing is that I havent worked with UDK but only with Source SDK, that's why I thought it was easy. Now I see that it is really way harder in UDK and you have done a nice job Awesome Never said it was lame btw, just did not understand what was hard. Now I do Tongue
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]
Semi-related: what is this project of Se7en everyone is talking about here?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Lonely Island Arteq 5 2,735 07-25-2012, 16:32
Last Post: JariZ
  Dead Island Accounts Xzite 15 6,621 01-09-2012, 13:55
Last Post: d0h!
  Paintball mod lolbie 9 4,128 01-03-2012, 11:57
Last Post: lolbie
  Help glowing bullet holes or Paintball Gamemaster20 14 8,381 11-05-2011, 01:00
Last Post: Gamemaster20
  Paintball mod Justinpk 26 14,087 10-25-2011, 11:23
Last Post: JariZ
  [Request] Paintball mod for blackops NoXiDe 4 3,828 10-24-2011, 14:45
  [Release] Dead Island - v1.20 - +25 Trainer (Retail + Steam) d0h! 8 13,282 09-20-2011, 23:32
Last Post: Scripts18
  Paintball SNYPER 1 1,800 06-30-2011, 23:52
Last Post: surtek
  [Mod request] Paintball bullets kikimo900 11 6,206 06-29-2011, 09:02
Last Post: paok-atak
  Paintball Mod Vervie 5 2,997 06-13-2011, 11:22