• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No modtools, no server renting and no public server files
No modtools, no server renting and no public server files.

Posted by matuzz on 28-Sep-2012 17:03

What anti-cheat will be used?

Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?

Both! Call of Duty: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.

Will you release the server files?

No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?

No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?

No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

I ask why the fuck would we buy this game :/ ,so angry

http://community.callofduty.com/communit...ps_2/blog/ 2012/09/28/pc-online-security-matchmaking-and-server-intel
And, that was the end of itsmods, We've had a good few years everybody, Bye!
Well if you look at it technically, it ended with the launch of MW3.

I'm gonna stay optimistic and hope that we will still be able to mod in Combat Training and Private Match, and that Treyarch will eventually realize they've made an idiotic mistake.
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
same i hope to do to but i dought it , i knew this was going to happen when we hadnt heard about modtools back at the start of the year like we did with blackops 1. as said before im glad im havnt pre ordered as i normaly would have , might get a russian key and hack :p
This measure is just like DRM, They try all kinds of things that pisses off all customers while the pirates (in this case hackers) just happily hack the game without any trouble.
Quote:No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

Don't they just have to update the modtools from BO1?
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
Spam removed
(09-29-2012, 02:19)aosma8 Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 02:17)rotceh_dnih Wrote: lol you guys derail to eazy

True, ontopic: Was'nt mw3 meant to have "improved anti-cheat" although that failed.
lol i dont know , but i made a wallhack/aimbot really quick for mw3 , just updated some offsets and memory struts and bam undetected hack for mw3 lol so no they didnt do shit .
(09-29-2012, 02:23)rotceh_dnih Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 02:19)aosma8 Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 02:17)rotceh_dnih Wrote: lol you guys derail to eazy

True, ontopic: Was'nt mw3 meant to have "improved anti-cheat" although that failed.
lol i dont know , but i made a wallhack/aimbot really quick for mw3 , just updated some offsets and memory struts and bam undetected hack for mw3 lol so no they didnt do shit .
Probably the same case for Black ops 2, people will just update their hax's for Blops and yea...
Saved myself $60 thanks. @SparkyMcSparks that was just fucking gay I know you're a dev for zombies and stuff but seriously whoever came up with this idea should be shot in the head.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Windows 8.1 Fix for MW3 Server Addon master131 16 16,980 09-29-2014, 23:08
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
Brick [Release] MW3 Server Administration Addon iRoNinja 5 8,533 11-10-2013, 15:46
Last Post: Casper
Exclamation Help cmdlist, dvarlist server crash Nerus 17 10,940 11-09-2013, 23:54
Last Post: Nerus
  Our Level Fastfile is Different from the Server. CheeseToast 6 10,552 11-03-2013, 17:52
Last Post: CheeseToast
  Dedicated Server External (public) IP Nerus 3 5,558 11-02-2013, 14:16
Last Post: Casper
  MW3 Server Version superg1973 7 12,029 10-28-2013, 01:15
Last Post: kotyra972
  Help how to turn off map in dedicated server pero123 8 6,555 10-15-2013, 19:00
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help mod not reading .iwd files? hmann 4 4,165 10-13-2013, 20:14
Last Post: hmann
  Modtools cod:ghosts surtek 10 8,543 10-10-2013, 07:33
Last Post: Nekochan
  Issue with server addon and NAT dimitrifrom31 3 4,639 10-08-2013, 18:11
Last Post: iRoNinja