Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News What we know about the mod tools
Broooo
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment

If I was still working there you'd all have Alpha test, mapper or not, what's it hurt to get more talented eyes on them especially someone who doesn't know to use a tool and may likely break it in ways another person might not think to use them.

Plus there are features in Radiant that aren't getting tested at all by the "mappers", like FX editor, Script Bundles, Animation previewing, etc...

Personally I think the way they are doing the alpha test is a joke when you compare to what Bethesda is doing for Fallout 4, Valve for Source 2 tools, or Epic Games for UE4. The BO3 alpha testers are all mappers all from the same website who all happen to be friends with one developer, most of them haven't even touched CoD in ages let alone played BO3 at all until tools came out. Meanwhile you've got people here and others like NascarFanatic, Spi, TomBMX, Treminator, Hitman, and so on who are still keeping the modding community alive and are excluded from providing valuable feedback.

The open beta will be buggy and lots of tools / features missing, thanks to the alpha team who just puppets being used to build hype on their social media channels. They already AREN'T releasing the in-house script editor and instead opted for a janky Sublime plugin and script definitions garbled up in a single HTML file... and the alpha testers eat it up in celebration.

I suspected something like this, and it makes me sad. Thanks for sharing this about your previous workplace, so openly.

(05-31-2016, 22:41)SparkyMcSparks Wrote: They already AREN'T releasing the in-house script editor and instead opted for a janky Sublime plugin and script definitions garbled up in a single HTML file...

What do you use/used in Treyarch for scripting?

Another thing is that is already June and the tools havent been released yet, the next title is coming out in November or earlier, and a lot of people change the title wagon when the new release comes, making previous games more dead.

[Image: CU6KyM2.png]
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment

(06-01-2016, 15:12)Yamato Wrote: What do you use/used in Treyarch for scripting?

Another thing is that is already June and the tools havent been released yet, the next title is coming out in November or earlier, and a lot of people change the title wagon when the new release comes, making previous games more dead.

I probably couldn't say but since they briefly showed it one of their marketingvideos for a fleeting blurry glimpse, it's a heavily modified version of SharpDevelop. Ain't no way they would downgrade from UltraEdit to Sublime internally, nor would anyone look at a single HTML / PDF to find script functions back and forth between actual work.

Also Zeroy was hailing the Sublime plugin as something new when it's just a badversion of what Infinity Ward made available during CoD2 / CoD4 mod tools (which was the internal real script support for UltraEdit) -- not to mention IW's script support / smart codingalso worked for text editing map files AND even UI menu files. If it wasn't obvious enough about being social media puppets, you can also see the testers doing other random useless testing and making it appear as a as a good use of their time on Twitter.

And yeah I agree, I think BO3 tools at this rate and how they are doing it, will be too little too late with the next CoD around the corner.You'll be able to make pretty looking MP maps thanks to the "alpha testers", but I anticipate making legit ZM or SP/Coop maps will require a lot of roundabout hacky steps because it wasn't tested properly.

I'm also anxious to see how they handle DLC content for mod tools, if they release them at all. Fallout 4 gave DLC content in the tools and no checks if people playing the mod own the DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if 3arc is actively trying to develop a way to have DLC content checks to see if certain assets are used that mark your mod FastFilesrequiring players to buy the DLC, I guess we will see -- hopefully someday this year.

At this point people should just put their faith into Infinity Ward and push them to release mod tools for CoD4R.

@SparkyMcSparks thanks for being so forward with your opinions.
Just one small correction, the CoD4 remaster is actually being developed by Raven Software. I'm not sure what to expect from them.
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

(06-04-2016, 09:55)Pozzuh Wrote: being developed by Raven Software

Just checked those guys, they made Hexen, that game was incredibly fun. Does somebody know the price COD4R will have? Because I am still playing CoD4 and if its very expensive or shitty, I wont change it

Thanks Sparky for the info, I always wondered what was the sort of tool they used. I have Zeroy as friend on steam, and he doesnt have a big ammount of hours with the mod tools, only 77 hrs on record. I opened his friend list and the ones I saw playing the mod tools have also few hours on record on them (less than him actually). With that ammount of time, you cant do much, because at least 30h are to start finding out what is each thing.

About the DLC, if they release the mod tools officially after the launch of the next title, I dont think theyll have many losses. Does many people buy DLC content after the new title is out? Newcomers are not usual in old titles of such a commercial franchise as CoD. The last times I played MW2 and MW3 I hardly found players which werent lvl70, most of the players were probably the ones that liked the game and kept playing, but to find matches is easier to play without DLC than with it.

@Yamato, for now you can only get CoD4R if you buy the Infinity War special edition which is like 80. It'll probably be released standalone later for less. I can't imagine many players on PC buying Infinity War.
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

(06-04-2016, 11:02)Pozzuh Wrote: which is like 80
Puke
I also see that it only has 10MP maps Undecided