• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[News] What we know about the mod tools
(04-20-2016, 21:06)Pozzuh Wrote: Didn't @pcdev claim that 3 weeks ago?

Yep. Also confirms that DidUKnowIPwn was lying (which I was suspecting, but had no proof of).
(04-01-2016, 08:50)Pozzuh Wrote: https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/715779129594015744

pcdev Wrote:No modfools jokes this year. First round of Closed Alpha invites are out. We're doing this.
nice, I still know how to bb-code after all these yearsSuperman

(04-21-2016, 09:39)SuperNovaAO Wrote:

Yep. Also confirms that DidUKnowIPwn was lying (which I was suspecting, but had no proof of).

What was I lying on?
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
If Activision/Treyarch doesn't pick people from this forum, where else would they find people?
MPGH? jk
Moddb has like 9 Black Ops mods. They have a bunch of COD4 mods though. Think they're looking there?
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
(04-21-2016, 16:44)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: If Activision/Treyarch doesn't pick people from this forum, where else would they find people?
MPGH? jk
Moddb has like 9 Black Ops mods. They have a bunch of COD4 mods though. Think they're looking there?

They were picked through a list that was generated last year and some extra talk.
(04-21-2016, 16:29)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: What was I lying on?

About you knowing 2 people who got an invite.

@AZUMIKKEL they picked some old school mappers. I don't think any scripters / 'general' modders are in.

Some screenshots shared by some invited Twitter-people (tweeters ?):
@TheRealZeroyhttp://i.imgur.com/Booa1wJ.jpg
@unreal_tubbyhttp://i.imgur.com/MMTICuu.jpg
@ZCTxCHAOSxhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgltp1NUkAEyCoX.jpg

They seem to be slightly restricted in what they can talk about / show, but not fully (obviously).

It's still funny how @SparkyMcSparks didn't get an invite

Edit: more -> http://mappersunited.com/index.php?/topi...k-radiant/
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
Oh nice

Here's a video from Zeroy showing it off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMIZ8H...e=youtu.be
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
(04-21-2016, 09:39)SuperNovaAO Wrote:

Considering @DidUknowiPwn is friends with @SparkyMcSparks , I wouldn't say it's a far stretch that he would know people who got an invite. Butsomething is definitely off here... My first thought upon seeing the announcementwas exactly the same as what @Pozzuh said. Such a deja vu feeling...

(04-22-2016, 07:58)Pozzuh Wrote: @AZUMIKKEL they picked some old school mappers. I don't think any scripters / 'general' modders are in.

It's still funny how @SparkyMcSparks didn't get an invite

I think there's a relation between this... @zeroy mentioned this on Mappersunited:
Quote:To start with the Mod Launcher, it is very to use in its current form; This is the one stop shop to start the 2 bundled applications we have right now which are the Asset Property Editor (Known as APE in Radiant) and Black Radiant.
@SparkyMcSparks is mainly a scripter, not a mapper. The people they chose have mapping experience in common (I think?). It's going to be interesting to see if they're going to release another closed edition, but with script compiling features, and if so, who will they invite? Most of the advanced CoDscripting was from MW2, and that was... Well, MW2 didn't have mod support officially Smile
(04-22-2016, 20:58)Rendflex Wrote: Considering @DidUknowiPwn is friends with @SparkyMcSparks , I wouldn't say it's a far stretch that he would know people who got an invite.

I still talk with Sparky and I don't know anyone personally who got a Radiant invite.
My reaction was more about actual invites, which, if you would believe Treyarch, weren't sent out until yesterday (also seeing all new screenshots, it is safe to assume the beta actually started a day ago), yet dukip knew 2 people a few weeks ago that had access to the beta. Yeah, right.
(04-22-2016, 22:33)SuperNovaAO Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 20:58)Rendflex Wrote: Considering @DidUknowiPwn is friends with @SparkyMcSparks , I wouldn't say it's a far stretch that he would know people who got an invite.

I still talk with Sparky and I don't know anyone personally who got a Radiant invite.
My reaction was more about actual invites, which, if you would believe Treyarch, weren't sent out until yesterday (also seeing all new screenshots, it is safe to assume the beta actually started a day ago), yet dukip knew 2 people a few weeks ago that had access to the beta. Yeah, right.

Invites were sent out 3/31 and the two people I knew of were ZCTxCHAOSx and Tubby. If you don't believe me hey it's your call, but don't call me a liar when you're no way nearfrom the truth yourself.
(04-22-2016, 23:39)DidUknowiPwn Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 22:33)SuperNovaAO Wrote:

Invites were sent out 3/31 and the two people I knew of were ZCTxCHAOSx and Tubby. If you don't believe me hey it's your call, but don't call me a liar when you're no way nearfrom the truth yourself.

Hey, chill you two! Let's focus on the fact that we're finally getting proper mod tools after 8 years! 8 YEARS!

ZCTxCHAOSx is a mapper as well, can't seem to find who Tubby is, though. If he's also a mapper, then it would strengthen my theory that they picked out mappers only