• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[News] CoD Black Ops 3 to support modding & mapping
I bet no one saw this one coming. Black ops 3 will support user generated content, and unranked dedicated server files will be available too. It's gonna be a while though, closed alpha tools are set to release March 2016.

Quote:Over the years, the Call of Duty community has proven itself to be among the most passionate in the world and we count ourselves fortunate to make games for you.
Weve been listening to one of your top requests and are excited to announce that modding and mapping are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC!

Weve still got a lot of work left to do, but heres our current plan:

* You will be able to create Maps & Game Modes and more!
* We will include Unranked Dedicated Server Files with the tools so you can run servers with modded content anywhere you choose.
* We will provide an Unranked Server Browser so you can easily find and join servers with modded content.
* Closed Alpha target date: March 2016

Please remember that this is software development, so things dont always work out exactly as planned. Sometimes features slip or drop off altogether, sometimes they get replaced with other, more awesome features as we hit into limitations of our original plans.
There is much more news to come including updates on Open Beta timing. In order to keep you informed, well periodically publish developer blog posts to share our progress with our fans. Stay tuned to the Treyarch blog for more information.
And yes, this is for real.
Sincerely,
Cesar Stastny
Director of Development

Source
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
[Image: fap---meme_17-1002145038.jpg]
I was shocked to see that today! Didn't expect it at all, but I'm glad it's happening! I mean, we haven't had proper full mod tools since WaW (About 7 years ago?)...

This site might live to see its resurrection after all!
I can't believe ... Nice news, I really miss the modding haha

Oh well look at that, support of Mod tools was dropped fastly, hue hue:
[Image: 271c384eb4c2b22cb2a15fe75edca444.png]
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
Welcome back itsmods?
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
Something to consider is the most plausible reason they removed the map editor in the first place: The loss of the value of paid DLC. There's some talk that this might be limited to zombies only or so. Any thoughts regarding this?
I think they actually mean it this time... Looking on steam theres even an annoucement on the Black Ops 3 Store Page... http://store.steampowered.com/app/311210/
~FYANB~ Servers Website

Primary Account:
[Image: 76561198070236721.png]
Secondary Account:
[Image: 76561198096107676.png]
Third Account:
[Image: 76561198164751656.png]
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
(11-02-2015, 21:03)Nekochan Wrote: I can't believe ... Nice news, I really miss the modding haha

Oh well look at that, support of Mod tools was dropped fastly, hue hue:
[Image: 271c384eb4c2b22cb2a15fe75edca444.png]

Right after I saw this thread, I wanted to ask whether BO Mod Tools did finally went out of beta during these few years. However, it seems some things just don't change Troll

It's great news although I think most of us gave up CoD modding already. Still, it may be some sort of a new beginning for itsmods.
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
Hopefully they don't release broken mod tools again.
( )
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ops 3 opinions? AZUMIKKEL 8 5,235 11-10-2015, 17:06
Last Post: AZUMIKKEL
  CoD Black Ops 3 RaZ 2 2,821 04-28-2015, 21:49
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Tutorial] Titanfall Modding Gmzorz 1 8,636 05-16-2014, 19:14
Last Post: Gmzorz
  Titanfall modding Pozzuh 10 9,862 04-02-2014, 09:05
Last Post: master131