Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Is that PC powerful enough?
(05-22-2012, 20:56)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: Power supply really need to be upgraded 600W is barely enough to power everything?

so how many watts do i need?
aka Lone Wolf

Too be safe get anything above 700, 800 W gives you extra headroom.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]

OK @blackopsguy

I went to the trouble of designing you a beast computer, black ops 2 capable by far.
It will cost 900AU dollars, so about 700 euros here it is.

NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003

G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAO 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3

ASRock H77-PRO4-MVP Motherboard

Intel Core i3 2100

Inno3D GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB (2 of them)

Corsair HX-650 Power Supply

Custom built, is what im buying for my self, 650 is enough to power everything, but if you wish to eventually O/C your processor and GPU, i suggest an 850-950watt PSU. this is perfect for all gaming, and its cheap, if you buy it from this website here:

www.pccasegear.com (its an aussie site)

They do world wide deliveries, it is exactly 918 AUD, and in todays conversion into euros it will be 707.85euros.

If anything needs to be changed, swap down to 8GB of ram, and upgrade the processor to an i5 CPU.

OR

swap the ram to 8GB, then swap the power supply to an 850watt, then you can overclock the i3 CPU to get as much power as an i5 CPU, for less money.

Have a thing about it, it's a decent setup, better than most alienwares BY FAR, don't ever build a computer to alienware standards, they are shit and a waste of money Smile

hope i helped.
[Image: 6vFJ9.png]

All i have to say is.....

lol

Ew Seagate I don't really trust Seagate though.. WD is way better..

(05-23-2012, 03:43)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: Ew Seagate I don't really trust Seagate though.. WD is way better..

I tested both, WD seems to get write errors and that seagate drive has SATA3, i had a WD smart drive (portable HDD) and it somehow crapped itself, i had it for not even 3 months before it turned crap, i tried to back it up one day, on multiple computers (3 in total) and i was getting like 200kb/s transfer speed. i have a seagate 500gb portbale HDD and i have ad it for 1 and a half years now, and still works perfectly, thats why i prefer seagate, never had any trouble from them.
[Image: 6vFJ9.png]

All i have to say is.....

lol

Okay well if they're more reliable now then I'm all for it. I had a Seagate last year at the exact time this year, it crapped out after 4 months.

650W is okay, even for crossfire like the 590 or the 6990. it has to be 80+ certified to get enough power on all rails.
midi tower is okay, just to answer that question.
i also recommend samsung spinpoint models as HDDs

just for the case that people fail on the watt that you need to power up a good PC:

(05-23-2012, 03:05)dylankrajewski Wrote: OK @blackopsguy

I went to the trouble of designing you a beast computer, black ops 2 capable by far.
It will cost 900AU dollars, so about 700 euros here it is.

NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler

Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003

G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9Q-16GAO 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3

ASRock H77-PRO4-MVP Motherboard

Intel Core i3 2100

Inno3D GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB (2 of them)

Corsair HX-650 Power Supply

Custom built, is what im buying for my self, 650 is enough to power everything, but if you wish to eventually O/C your processor and GPU, i suggest an 850-950watt PSU. this is perfect for all gaming, and its cheap, if you buy it from this website here:

www.pccasegear.com (its an aussie site)

They do world wide deliveries, it is exactly 918 AUD, and in todays conversion into euros it will be 707.85euros.

If anything needs to be changed, swap down to 8GB of ram, and upgrade the processor to an i5 CPU.

OR

swap the ram to 8GB, then swap the power supply to an 850watt, then you can overclock the i3 CPU to get as much power as an i5 CPU, for less money.

Have a thing about it, it's a decent setup, better than most alienwares BY FAR, don't ever build a computer to alienware standards, they are shit and a waste of money Smile

hope i helped.

WOW MAN THANKS A LOT FOR THAT EFFORT!
However, I think I may swap the i3 with i5 Big Grin I don't wanna o/c
THANK YOU SO MUCH Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
16 GB RAM? OMG Big Grin
ALL GAMES MAX SETTINGS RIGHT? Big Grin
um... what about the case?
and as I see they only ship in Australia...
"International orders
At this time PC Case Gear does not ship orders outside of Australia."
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main...conditions
So I guess I am gonna get these parts from amazon?
and one last thing... I don't wanna build this pc, I want someone to build this for me... any ideas?
aka Lone Wolf

I recommend 8GB Ram, i5 and and a GTX570. SLI is shit.
[Image: azuw.jpg]

(05-23-2012, 09:02)zxz0O0 Wrote: I recommend 8GB Ram, i5 and and a GTX570. SLI is shit.

ok
aka Lone Wolf