ItsMods

Full Version: Is that PC powerful enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Guys sorry if this thread is in the wrong section but I'd really like some help.
So, I am thinking of replacing my super-old pc with a new one to play games like Call of Duty games(and I AM willing to buy Black ops 2), League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Left for Dead and the Dolphin Emulatior for Wii.
Will a pc with the following specs be able to run these games smoothly at max settings?
CPU--> Intel Core i5 3450
MOTHERBOARD--> Gigabyte H61M-D2 B3
CASE FAN--> Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
RAM--> Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3-1600 Ram Kit
GPU--> MSI 6770 (PCI-Express, GDDR5, 1GB)

Also, note that my budget is a bit limited(I can spend up to 800 euros on my pc).
I am not sure about the case fan... I just can't find a cheap one with s1155 socket lol.
AND one last thing -the OS i am currently using is a pirated windows 7 ultimate 64 bit- should i keep this one and install it to my new machine myself or buy an official one and why?
Any recommendations are welcome.
Thanks
looks good man , run whatever os you want
(05-21-2012, 09:19)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]looks good man , run whatever os you want

thanks for your time dude it helped me a lot
The games you want to play aren't that hardware-intensive, so you should be good.

(05-21-2012, 09:22)JariZ Wrote: [ -> ]The games you want to play aren't that hardware-intensive, so you should be good.

hey I thought Call of Duty games were hardware-intensive.
well if they aren't, can u give me some examples of extreme games?
AND PLZ ANSWER THIS: Will this pc be able to run all the new games that are to come out and will it last for at least 3-4 years with no upgrade?
thanks
well you would be able to play HoN and games like that but i doubt that you will be able to play BO2 on max settings with this machine.

replace the h60 with the 212+ from Coolermaster (best bang for buck and most recommended air cooler), its much better than this clc crap. also its not a casefan, its a cooler
the 6770 is pretty much crap: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
try to replace the h61 chipset mainboard with at least p67 chipset

you can get much better stuff for 800

edit// moved to TECH section
(05-21-2012, 13:47)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]well you would be able to play HoN and games like that but i doubt that you will be able to play BO2 on max settings with this machine.

replace the h60 with the 212+ from Coolermaster (best bang for buck and most recommended air cooler), its much better than this clc crap. also its not a casefan, its a cooler
the 6770 is pretty much crap: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
try to replace the h61 chipset mainboard with at least p67 chipset

you can get much better stuff for 800

edit// moved to TECH section

alright so instead of 6770 i buy what?
and the shop i will buy this pc from doesn't have that cooler, but it has this one: CoolerMaster Hyper 412S is that good?
um... and why should I replace the motherboard? The one u are recommending is much more expensive. Please explain thanks
Hey Big Guys (JariZ, d0h!, OrangePL etc.) and everyone.
I know you are busy most of the times, dealing with threads and posts every single day, modding and of course gaming by yourselves, but plz get this thread to be in your first priorities for a while cause I REALLY need some help. Confused I am capable of fixing almost everything as regards the software, but when it comes to hardware, well... I don't know anything beyond the basics. Undecided I just want some recommendations for a pc that will:
1) Be able to play all the new games at max settings.
2) Last for at least 3-4 years.
3) Be of an under-800 euros price. Dodgy
Please guys all I need is some suggestions for the parts I'm gonna need. Sad
Btw, if you would be so good as to help me a bit more in finding the suggested parts, the shop's website I am interested in is: www.plaisio.gr
Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate your assistance. Smile
OK..

Everything looks good, but change the H60 to a H100 series, still fits the lg1155 socket, plus instead of a 6670, get a GTX560 or sli/crossfire 2 GTX550ti's. if you want to play BO2, i suggest 8gb RAM, a 6970 or 6990, or a GTX590, and change the processor to a i7 2600k, Black ops was meant for console, so it's pretty demanding hardware wise.
(05-22-2012, 09:47)dylankrajewski Wrote: [ -> ]OK..

Everything looks good, but change the H60 to a H100 series, still fits the lg1155 socket, plus instead of a 6670, get a GTX560 or sli/crossfire 2 GTX550ti's. if you want to play BO2, i suggest 8gb RAM, a 6970 or 6990, or a GTX590, and change the processor to a i7 2600k, Black ops was meant for console, so it's pretty demanding hardware wise.

please dont get such clc wannabe water crap cooler, they are much louder if you want to receive the same results in case of temperature as you can get with an air cooler.

get a 212+ / 212 evo or if you like to get a top (flagship) cooler then look after the D14, the Silver Arrow or perhaps the Phanteks.
These are big but extremely powerful and almost noiseless!

i recommend pwm fans, the SA and the 2nd Revision (2011 modell) of the D14 gets delivered with very good pwm fans.

almost every cooler supports 1155 socket anyway by using various installation kits.

you dont need a sli system if you like to play the latest games on max settings either. there is no need to buy two cards or a dual graphic core card like the 590 or 6990. waste of money...

these dual core cards gets fkin hot.
just buy a cheap 6950 or 6970 (price dumped) and install an after market cooler like the alpenfhn peter. then get a custom graphic bios and voila the card gets + <30% more power. enough for upcoming games for at least 12 months.

i7 2600k <- waste of money if you only want to play games in first prior.
you are right about the 8 GB ram, i would recommend that either. but dont buy useless shit like tall ram spreaders, dont jump on this fail marketing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7