• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Help arrow texture mw3
Bug 
Hi all amazing ppl of this forum,
I'm starting to mod my mw3 and i got a problem, i try to modify the .iwi file of mouse arrow with the normal process used to make texture for ammo, but this method doesn't work. I didn't find nothing about it around, can someone told me what i should do for making my texture work?
Thanks all in advance,
Pwnsome
[Image: lonewolfc.png]
(03-01-2013, 21:06)pwnsome Wrote:
Hi all amazing ppl of this forum,
I'm starting to mod my mw3 and i got a problem, i try to modify the .iwi file of mouse arrow with the normal process used to make texture for ammo, but this method doesn't work. I didn't find nothing about it around, can someone told me what i should do for making my texture work?
Thanks all in advance,
Pwnsome

If you tell us texture model name and its location, we might be able to help you.
(03-01-2013, 22:12)House Wrote: If you tell us texture model name and its location, we might be able to help you.
Sure, the name of texture model is: 3_cursor3 the location of this file is:MW3\main\iw_00.
Here is how to do et:

Convert iwi to dds using IWI_X_DDS by Diego Logic (if you actually open up that program and drop iwi there, it will give you some useful information like format and mipmaps)

3_cursor3.iwi is in DXT3 format and has 1 mipmap, which means we will save it (after editing) in DXT3 format without mipmaps:

[Image: cTLmEXS.png]

also to convert back to iwi you will need @TwoPumpChump's software for conversion (Tom IWI & DDS Converter) which can be found here http://tom-crowley.co.uk/downloads/ bcus standard conversion tool does not support that format

P.S.
when editing, don't forget to edit alpha channel
P.P.S.
after conversion you must fix the iwi with standard procedure ..

[Image: RI1stzG.png]

in case someone wants this awsome texture mod -> check attached Troll

Attached Files
.rar   3_cursor3.rar (Size: 800 bytes / Downloads: 331)
(03-02-2013, 03:38)House Wrote: in case someone wants this awsome texture mod -> check attached Troll
LOOL xD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank a lot for all info and for posting your edited file Big Grin, when u said that i must edit alpha channel what u mean exactly? i was thinking that editing alpha channel permits just to change the intensity of the used color so if i don't edit it what will happen? another thing, u said that i must use no mip maps when i save from PS, but it have 1 mip maps Huh
(03-02-2013, 14:53)pwnsome Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 03:38)House Wrote: in case someone wants this awsome texture mod -> check attached Troll
LOOL xD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank a lot for all info and for posting your edited file Big Grin, when u said that i must edit alpha channel what u mean exactly? i was thinking that editing alpha channel permits just to change the intensity of the used color so if i don't edit it what will happen? another thing, u said that i must use no mip maps when i save from PS, but it have 1 mip maps Huh

if you left alpha channel all black you won't be able to see your texture etc .. if original texture has only one mipmap that means that the image file used in game is in fact always that same mipmap, upon saving DDS file in photoshop that one mipmap is autogenerated and we aint need to add more ... I hope I explained Tongue
Yes you explained very good Big Grin, but i don't know how i should edit alpha channel. Im trying to use the skull of ELITE Premium Founder Status so how i should edit alpha channel? Actually i did everything without alpha channel and when i start mw3 i get the error: Couldn't load image '3_cursor3'. Thank you for helping me and sorry for all the questions xD
(03-03-2013, 15:11)pwnsome Wrote: Yes you explained very good Big Grin, but i don't know how i should edit alpha channel. Im trying to use the skull of ELITE Premium Founder Status so how i should edit alpha channel? Actually i did everything without alpha channel and when i start mw3 i get the error: Couldn't load image '3_cursor3'. Thank you for helping me and sorry for all the questions xD

You did something wrong, (not)editing alpha channel wouldn't cause these errors. Check if you fixed your iwi well.
(03-03-2013, 15:24)House Wrote: Check if you fixed your iwi well.
I use this method to fix iwi i use HxD and i copy and past the first two lines from the original iwi to the edit iwi, and i copy the last 00 from the second line and i add it in the beginning of 3rd line for four times, then i delete the last four bytes of the last line and then i save, after it i use crcfixer (without receving any arror) and then i replace the file in mw3 :S what i did wrong?
(03-03-2013, 17:04)pwnsome Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 15:24)House Wrote: Check if you fixed your iwi well.
I use this method to fix iwi i use HxD and i copy and past the first two lines from the original iwi to the edit iwi, and i copy the last 00 from the second line and i add it in the beginning of 3rd line for four times, then i delete the last four bytes of the last line and then i save, after it i use crcfixer (without receving any arror) and then i replace the file in mw3 :S what i did wrong?

try with IWIFix ... its automated tool for iwi fixing,tho you still have to use that SuperNobaAO's CRC23

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39402017/IWIFix.exe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink [Release] se7en_ace's I'm On A Bus [Nuketown Texture Mod + Camo] Ace 12 12,726 09-22-2013, 02:58
Last Post: Ace
  [Release] MW3 ChromatiX 2.2.1 [Texture Hack with Installer and Additional Features] - Steam/aIW House 99 125,931 04-17-2013, 22:31
Last Post: lordevil10
  TomBMX IPAK exporter 1.1 (export texture files) JariZ 34 19,600 12-23-2012, 21:10
Last Post: kokole
Rainbow [Release] skybox texture space+stars+moons reylobo14 20 16,518 10-02-2012, 15:32
Last Post: MauiDeath
  [Release] Modern Warfare 3 Texture "improvement" d0h! 7 11,128 09-10-2012, 15:03
Last Post: OzonE
  [Release] Texture improvement v1.0 by ArchAngel d0h! 22 15,791 08-30-2012, 08:16
Last Post: d0h!
  [Request] HD Texture (High Resolution) zachw1487 8 8,962 08-25-2012, 20:07
Last Post: kokole
Photo [EPIC RELEASE] Black Ops Texture Compiler 1.0.0.4 ALPHA OMEGA BETA JariZ 21 14,625 07-26-2012, 20:38
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
Information [Tutorial] *UPDATED* Saving Custom Loadscreen Texture iPaddie 12 8,033 05-21-2012, 13:34
Last Post: iPaddie
  [Release] Toobanooba's Texture Pack #1 Toobanooba 10 9,696 05-17-2012, 04:29
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn