ItsMods

Full Version: Upload Clipboard Text data to a server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically I'm working a small app that lets me upload text from the clipboard to a server. I don't know on how to go on about uploading the code nor do I know what to do to return errors. (It's being written in C#) All help is appreciated.

[Image: 106a7.png]
This is what I basically mean, in the basis of the application.
What do you mean with "to return errors"?
Code:
try
{
// do something
}
catch(exception e)
{
//error happened
}
(04-11-2013, 07:42)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with "to return errors"?
Code:
try
{
// do something
}
catch(exception e)
{
//error happened
}

the specification is MINDBLOWING Troll
Would've been helpful if someone told me how to make it save on my server.
How do you want it to save ,ftp? One possible solution is to use php, send the string using webclient to a php uri on your webpage which will save it for you and then return the link and then just display the link. Or use FTP and save it through the app
You can take look to c# networking if you're using dedicated stuff, or try to learn "web uploadto". ( like @archit said )

Edit: You should try mysql stuff. Use SQLite library.
I was thinking of using PHP and saving it as a text file.
(04-12-2013, 12:36)archit Wrote: [ -> ]One possible solution is to use php, send the string using webclient to a php uri on your webpage which will save it for you and then return the link and then just display the link.

I think send text to a php file to save can be a big security hole...
His project is made of C#, why not use C# FtpWebRequest to upload it?
Because using FTP is a huge security risk.

If you have no experience with this at all, chances are 0% you actually have a properly configurated anonymous FTP server that allows for this purpose.

Just use PHP/ASP/NodeJS/anything serverside scripty thingy.
(04-12-2013, 20:50)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]Because using FTP is a huge security risk.

If you have no experience with this at all, chances are 0% you actually have a properly configurated anonymous FTP server that allows for this purpose.

Just use PHP/ASP/NodeJS/anything serverside scripty thingy.

Even PHP can be highly vulnerable to crackers and stuff. So try to use some packer or whatever.
Pages: 1 2