ItsMods

Full Version: [sorted] Score_kill , +score on servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im running into a issue where im modding the score for kill's in sd.gsc
ie.
Code:
maps\mp\gametypes\_rank::registerScoreInfo( "kill", 10 );

and that seemed to work well on a local host "i see the +10 on screen and get the score" however when i upload to a dedi server and kill someone i get the score but the +10 dose not show on the screen Confused and i really need it , its to hard to tell if you've killed someone with out it

im lost it should work but fails 0.o , any ideas
What about the registerScoreInfo stuffs in _rank.gsc?
(09-02-2011, 14:27)master131 Wrote: [ -> ]What about the registerScoreInfo stuffs in _rank.gsc?

well theres an idea , im am utilizeing a rather old copy of _rank, the registerScoreInfo stuff is in that but maybe i should update it

Also, you might want to try this DVAR:
scr_sd_score_kill

Not sure if it will work on Black Ops though.
(09-02-2011, 14:37)master131 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you might want to try this DVAR:
scr_sd_score_kill

Not sure if it will work on Black Ops though.

He tried, same outcome Smile

yea that works "as good as the way im doing it now" and thats how i was doing it but i still had the same issue so thought id try the sd.gsc way but no dice ,, just going to a new _rank now will post with results

edit @Pozzuh beat me to it but yea i have tryed that

edit again : tried a new _rank and it did not help :S
(09-02-2011, 14:42)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]yea that works "as good as the way im doing it now" and thats how i was doing it but i still had the same issue so thought id try the sd.gsc way but no dice ,, just going to a new _rank now will post with results

The problem is that in a private match the score that is shown in the top is the actual score that you get(the one of the scoreboard). In combat training and on a dedicated the text shows how much xp you gain.
I can explain to you how to make the score gain show instead of xp gain on a dedicated, but for that i'll need some time to make something.
If you want to figure it out yourself, I would look into: _globallogic_score() in _setPlayerScore.gsc and in giveRankXP() in _rank.gsc. You should be able to figure it out yourself with that. the function called updateRankScoreHUD in _rank.gsc is the one that makes the text show.
Good luck!
(09-02-2011, 16:06)Cyborgking Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2011, 14:42)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]yea that works "as good as the way im doing it now" and thats how i was doing it but i still had the same issue so thought id try the sd.gsc way but no dice ,, just going to a new _rank now will post with results

The problem is that in a private match the score that is shown in the top is the actual score that you get(the one of the scoreboard). In combat training and on a dedicated the text shows how much xp you gain.
I can explain to you how to make the score gain show instead of xp gain on a dedicated, but for that i'll need some time to make something.
If you want to figure it out yourself, I would look into: _globallogic_score() in _setPlayerScore.gsc and in giveRankXP() in _rank.gsc. You should be able to figure it out yourself with that. the function called updateRankScoreHUD in _rank.gsc is the one that makes the text show.
Good luck!

ok thanks man i've had a look and started thinking well why would other mods work but not mine i've looked into mods like xkmod,kmod,anymods that run on servers and the score show's for them but not me, as far as the function's you mention'd my code is no different from others, im about to F*&%ing all CAPS rage at my mod and start again from scratch all because of this little isssue lol plz assist im loseing the last of my sanity...

(09-03-2011, 14:19)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck!

ok thanks man i've had a look and started thinking well why would other mods work but not mine i've looked into mods like xkmod,kmod,anymods that run on servers and the score show's for them but not me, as far as the function's you mention'd my code is no different from others, im about to F*&%ing all CAPS rage at my mod and start again from scratch all because of this little isssue lol plz assist im loseing the last of my sanity...
Time for another mini tutorial provided by me! Big Grin

1. Make sure the game doesn't show the xp gain text
In _rank.gsc in giveRankXP().
Remove this:
Code:
if ( isDefined( self.enableText ) && self.enableText && !level.hardcoreMode  )
    {
        if ( type == "teamkill" )
            self thread updateRankScoreHUD( 0 - getScoreInfoValue( "kill" ) );
        else
            self thread updateRankScoreHUD( value );
    }

2. Make sure the game shows the score gain text
In _globallogic_score.gsc in _setPlayerScore()
Replace this:
Code:
if ( !level.onlineGame || ( GetDvarInt( #"xblive_privatematch" ) && !GetDvarInt( #"xblive_basictraining" ) ) )
    {
        player thread maps\mp\gametypes\_rank::updateRankScoreHUD( score - player.pers["score"] );
    }
With this:
Code:
player thread maps\mp\gametypes\_rank::updateRankScoreHUD( score - player.pers["score"] );
That should do it!
Have fun with extending your mod!
(09-03-2011, 19:42)Cyborgking Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2011, 14:19)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck!

Time for another mini tutorial provided by me! Big Grin

1. Make sure the game doesn't show the xp gain text
In _rank.gsc in giveRankXP().
Remove this:
Code:
if ( isDefined( self.enableText ) && self.enableText && !level.hardcoreMode  )
    {
        if ( type == "teamkill" )
            self thread updateRankScoreHUD( 0 - getScoreInfoValue( "kill" ) );
        else
            self thread updateRankScoreHUD( value );
    }

2. Make sure the game shows the score gain text
In _globallogic_score.gsc in _setPlayerScore()
Replace this:
Code:
if ( !level.onlineGame || ( GetDvarInt( #"xblive_privatematch" ) && !GetDvarInt( #"xblive_basictraining" ) ) )
    {
    }
With this:
Code:
That should do it!
Have fun with extending your mod!

tl;dr

in short:
Code:
self.enableText = false;
Pages: 1 2