• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] Weapon Rigging tutorial
Video

VIDEO ON RUSSIAN LANG ONLY.

It's some kinda long, but should show almost of parts (rip/rig/export/setup) and include explanation (which you probably cant understand :< )

In future plans I want to remake animation video tutorial.

Hope you'll enjoy it or it can help you somehow.

Thanks to Darkraptor for introducing to Maya, to hacker22 for help, to Hallullalu for fixes, to Susel for his help and support and all people who support me in my maya projects.
i've got to do an english one ..
I'll be happy, if you'll try to do eng. ver, but cant say that you're can do it good. I dont want say that you're bad or something, but you need to learn more before (hope that you can understand).
@Sanya Hector is pretty skilled, I'm sure he knows how to do it
I know that he's codder, not bad one. But I see that he's not so good in maya, that's why I said.

I dont positionate myself or whatver, I just knew people who do stuffs like that and know who can do and what can do. Learning this stuffs as well need ~2 months, since I saw people who start do that and saw when they get something. I do not see anything from him, just simply re-scaled RC car and requests about video how to do characters.

If I'm not right, then I miss something.
(04-08-2012, 12:11)Sanya Wrote: I know that he's codder, not bad one. But I see that he's not so good in maya, that's why I said.

I dont positionate myself or whatver, I just knew people who do stuffs like that and know who can do and what can do. Learning this stuffs as well need ~2 months, since I saw people who start do that and saw when they get something. I do not see anything from him, just simply re-scaled RC car and requests about video how to do characters.

Smile yer you have , i can rigg and paint weights well :p by no means im a as good as you "someone who only dose models " but im ok .

enough to know this was fail

anywho.
Thanks @Sanya for the tutorial. Unfortunately hardly anyone here speaks Russian but I still thank you for the effort.

Maybe someone who can speak English and Russian very well (no Google Translate stuff) can make some subtitles on YouTube for you (the built in ones you can upload in SRT format).
I think lots of modders will be thankful for that.
@Sanya

if you could , can i have a list of thing's you cover in your video so i can redo it in english. is it just rigg,bind,export,import ? also are you starting your tut assuming one has a mesh and textures that are uv mapped "ie ripped from another game like mw2"?

that would be great thanks .

hector

(04-09-2012, 22:32)rotceh_dnih Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 12:11)Sanya Wrote: I know that he's codder, not bad one. But I see that he's not so good in maya, that's why I said.

Smile yer you have , i can rigg and paint weights well :p by no means im a as good as you "someone who only dose models " but im ok .

enough to know this was fail

anywho.
Just remember that you get some stupid errors or whatever, but dont really seen your progress about, so did this conclusion.

You can not do model perfectly when you port it from another game (if it's not any other COD).
This Terminator model is custom one from CS, dont know who made it, I didnt find author. There is no way to do fingers, and it was leave as it is.
If you'll be carefuly, you can notice how stock models bugging sometimes. But who cares, lol. Almost of time people can find oblivious errors in game assets and think that it should be like that.
And exactly, it was my 5th model which I tried to do, so xD

(04-10-2012, 10:21)rotceh_dnih Wrote: @Sanya

if you could , can i have a list of thing's you cover in your video so i can redo it in english. is it just rigg,bind,export,import ? also are you starting your tut assuming one has a mesh and textures that are uv mapped "ie ripped from another game like mw2"?

that would be great thanks .
hector

Eh, if I would just show process, I'll be really stupid. I tried to show most needed stuffs.
It's rip settenings, import, fixing UV channel error, rigging idea and how to make process easy, texture convert, extracting sound from .FF, compile, adding to a mod, creating soundaliases and weaponfiles and test.

Should be like that, maybe lost something.

Maybe will do subtitles, but not really sure about quality.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TUTORIAL CHEAT ENGINE for mw3 [HARD] Tony. 5 4,293 10-24-2013, 15:22
Last Post: Tomsen1410
Question Help Mw2 weapon skin question FroxIVx4 1 2,757 10-13-2013, 16:54
Last Post: hmann
Question Help Weapon Name iRoNinja 8 6,009 10-08-2013, 08:31
Last Post: iRoNinja
  Mw2 weapon porting? Cuddlyedits 3 4,327 09-15-2013, 16:43
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
Rainbow [Release] MW3: Random Weapon Plugin V1 Nekochan 50 30,327 09-11-2013, 15:11
Last Post: EnVi Sweden Rocks
Exclamation [Request] Random Weapon At Spawn Scripts18 3 4,369 07-27-2013, 23:53
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  Help Mw2 weapon skin question FroxIVx4 1 2,681 07-06-2013, 19:22
Last Post: surtek
Question Tutorial addon! [HARD] Tony. 2 2,656 04-30-2013, 13:55
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  [Request] List of all weapon models DidUknowiPwn 3 4,316 04-20-2013, 09:13
Last Post: Dominator56
  [Release] !weapon Plugin 8q4s8 40 23,472 03-24-2013, 17:02
Last Post: X-Track