Poll: Is this helpfull?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
88.89%
8 88.89%
no
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial How to port weapons
hey guys today i teach you how to use toms xmodelutils to port weapons between cods also with xanims Smile

for this tut i port the cod4 ak47 to blackops ,but the same goes vice-verca

get the tool here
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Prev...Utils.html

Video 1

Video 2

May the oma be with you.

edit : also toms anim tool is out also , this can export anim to maya and also helps porting anims quickly over between games

download here : http://www.tom-bmx.com/downloads.php

basic usage

more features

Nice video tutorials OMA

Great!
[Image: ctoc.jpg]

I wish you made this earlier. Anyway. You are Awesome as always.

Great tutorial but I'm having an issue with the magazines. I've ported both the AK and P90 and the only differences I've done is use the Export XE in Tom's util since I don't have Maya. Everything's going fine except the magazines are randomly floating in the air, not attached to the weapon. The asset viewer shows the mag attached to the gun yet in game it's just floating around. Any ideas whats up?

(08-01-2012, 02:22)EvilTim Wrote: Great tutorial but I'm having an issue with the magazines. I've ported both the AK and P90 and the only differences I've done is use the Export XE in Tom's util since I don't have Maya. Everything's going fine except the magazines are randomly floating in the air, not attached to the weapon. The asset viewer shows the mag attached to the gun yet in game it's just floating around. Any ideas whats up?

hey mate yes that is expected as the bone code is not finished yet for XE tom just hasnt had the time to updated it yet as he is working on custom sounds for blackops "witch are working and ive played custom sounds :0 omg yay" so yer will be fixed soon but in the mean time if you can get someone to export via maya for you with toms bind script all will work great

He's got custom sound??? :O! That's awesome! His utils are great, can't wait for more. Anyways thanks for the quick response. Would maya 2013 work with the plugins or would that cause goofs? I've heard glitches can happen with newer releases with the cod plugins.
Edit: you mentioned something about the sound mapping, would custom sounds help with that or do we still need to muck with tha tracks in the xanim?

hey to export from maya you will need 8.5 & waw maya plugin or 9 with the blackops plugin. as the plugins are compiled for specific versions

as far as sounds go yer you could go afew ways about it

1. use cod4 anims with there notetracks and convert the sound sto blackops

2. export a blackops anim thats almost the same ie i wanted ak reload
then i would take the notetrack and put it in with the cod4 anim.

ether way all the notetrack is saying play this sound at this time so i would just use bo sounds for guns when you can

HELP
had this error come up and was wondering if any one could help or tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong THANKS

Copying C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\mods\mp_trenchgun\mod.csv
to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\zone_source\mod.csv
args: -nopause -language english -moddir mp_trenchgun mod
NOTE: language=english
NOTE: baselang=english (streaming language) [automatically chosen as no -baselang provided]
Fastfile 1 of 1, "mod": [ver. 473] process..._acess C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\bin\..\mods\mp_trenchgun\weapons\mp\trenchgun_mp

ERROR: xmodelparts 'Tom_viewmodel_usa_trenchgun_rifle_MP1.XMODEL_EXPORT1' not found
ERROR: Cannot find xmodelparts 'Tom_viewmodel_usa_trenchgun_rifle_MP1.XMODEL_EXPORT1'.
failed loading xmodel 'viewmodel_trenchgun' for asset 'mp\trenchgun_mp' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
failed loading 'viewmodel_trenchgun' of type 'xmodel' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
PIMP (enabled)

THANKS FOUR YOUR TUT AS WELL KEEP COMEING

(03-17-2013, 13:54)Drillsy Wrote: HELP
had this error come up and was wondering if any one could help or tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong THANKS

Copying C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\mods\mp_trenchgun\mod.csv
to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\zone_source\mod.csv
args: -nopause -language english -moddir mp_trenchgun mod
NOTE: language=english
NOTE: baselang=english (streaming language) [automatically chosen as no -baselang provided]
Fastfile 1 of 1, "mod": [ver. 473] process..._acess C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\bin\..\mods\mp_trenchgun\weapons\mp\trenchgun_mp

ERROR: xmodelparts 'Tom_viewmodel_usa_trenchgun_rifle_MP1.XMODEL_EXPORT1' not found
ERROR: Cannot find xmodelparts 'Tom_viewmodel_usa_trenchgun_rifle_MP1.XMODEL_EXPORT1'.
failed loading xmodel 'viewmodel_trenchgun' for asset 'mp\trenchgun_mp' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
failed loading 'viewmodel_trenchgun' of type 'xmodel' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
PIMP (enabled)

THANKS FOUR YOUR TUT AS WELL KEEP COMEING

Try to rename your converted model. Because symbols as dot etc are not supported.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dat port forwarding RaZ 2 2,810 11-10-2013, 23:14
Last Post: RaZ
  [Release] [SOURCE] Random Weapons. [HARD] Tony. 1 3,893 11-08-2013, 11:11
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help source random weapons [HARD] Tony. 4 4,348 11-08-2013, 05:25
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  MW3 Hide WEAPONS [HARD] Tony. 7 6,749 10-09-2013, 15:16
Last Post: [HARD] Tony.
  Porting some weapons, ADS broken? DidUknowiPwn 0 2,238 09-10-2013, 01:13
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Request] Mw2 lock weapons seraph1995 1 3,042 08-18-2013, 15:31
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Release] Pack-A-Punch Weapons TheSchitt 40 29,131 08-07-2013, 04:51
Last Post: FrostLight
  PORT E-losev 12 8,314 07-19-2013, 16:20
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Simple flyable helicopter script port, could use help! akillj 0 2,370 06-15-2013, 09:20
Last Post: akillj
  Help DONATE points for weapons [HARD] Tony. 10 6,883 05-24-2013, 10:59
Last Post: Pozzuh