Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial Easy way to do edit soundaliases
This is less of a tutorial and more of a tip: Editing sound aliases the EASY way (Adding custom sounds, fixing errors etc.)

Requirements:
- Notepad++
- Openoffice calc

BEFORE YOU START - Get the basics Template done

Follow this great tutorial on how to get the csvs you need to even begin adding the sounds Here:

STEP ONE - open the file
[Image: 2GJTA.png]
STEP TWO - exactly as I have it.
[Image: NmZ6b.png]
STEP THREE - profit?
[Image: KLnaT.png]

AkelPad is good editor too Nyan Cat
Nice ..
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

Hum in fact you theres an easier way,

copy paste the first line (of the sound you want)
do search into the default_mod.all.csv (w/e is it called , I mean the one where you put your sound) it will tell you what is missing from it like ,lang or w/e count the number of missing , and add them to it after youre done

(08-10-2011, 18:29)Scripts18 Wrote: Hum in fact you theres an easier way,

copy paste the first line (of the sound you want)
do search into the default_mod.all.csv (w/e is it called , I mean the one where you put your sound) it will tell you what is missing from it like ,lang or w/e count the number of missing , and add them to it after youre done

What??? i have no idea what your talking about.

Quote:What??? i have no idea what your talking about.

thanks god, that means you dont know how to get freeze gun sound or weapons like that Angel

but seriously nvm about my post its offtopic I guess

I have been doing sounds/soundaliases since waw. i understand completely how they work. i just didn't understand your comment. If u think u can just add commas to the end because your missing columns than your wrong because ur screwing up the format. you need to only add them in the right places where empty space should be and using calc lets you see columns and rows very organized and its as easy as it gets really.

tell that to BO cause as far as I know, I didnt screw anything and the sound works, no error, not a warning, not even a missing part of a sound

(08-10-2011, 19:10)Scripts18 Wrote:
Quote:What??? i have no idea what your talking about.

thanks god, that means you dont know how to get freeze gun sound or weapons like that Angel

but seriously nvm about my post its offtopic I guess
In the pic is the Thundergun........

(08-10-2011, 21:31)Scripts18 Wrote: tell that to BO cause as far as I know, I didnt screw anything and the sound works, no error, not a warning, not even a missing part of a sound
That is because the first 2 are the really important ones, alias and file, the others are stuff like volume and other settings, so they work, just not as intended

Quote:In the pic is the Thundergun........
lol^^

Btw, Im not talking about volume and stuff like that, I mean file version for wii and ps3 that arent included

The sound alias csv files are generated, not hand typed.

So no matter what you *think* is the right way, you're still only hacking away
at something you truly do not understand. You've only managed a way to make
it work based on existing examples.

Have you ever used the asset manager for sound?

It's amazing what you end up with.
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mep Edit coordinance raminr63 2 2,845 10-22-2013, 15:02
Last Post: Yamato
Information Help How to edit new derived entry? (Solved) SSonic70 1 2,482 08-20-2013, 15:29
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Release] MOSSY v9.12 Re-edit by BloKK187 BloKK187 24 34,233 08-05-2013, 23:44
Last Post: TheWraith10219
  [Request] Edit BOloader 0.8 Bot settings IgnaBmx 2 3,191 06-30-2013, 02:35
Last Post: IgnaBmx
Question Help what program, open and edit plugins ??? lexa__33 1 2,659 06-24-2013, 09:36
Last Post: EnVi Sweden Rocks
  [Release] Easy Background Changer for MW3 V3.0 kokole 87 57,848 05-28-2013, 10:39
Last Post: fahdalkhairy
Information How to change text messages in MP (.ff edit) giofrida 5 4,388 05-02-2013, 20:05
Last Post: Pozzuh
Question is there anything i can edit in .iwd files ? jd1378 1 2,652 03-25-2013, 09:43
Last Post: JariZ
Tongue [Release] Easy background changer for MW2 kokole 8 11,369 03-18-2013, 02:55
Last Post: 007promi
  edit the standard classes? astraioz 6 7,818 01-28-2013, 16:54
Last Post: Sthxz