• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] Destructible Editing
Hello, OMA

This is another tutorial, I dont think you can use it much at all, but you can maybe make something, Ill just explain how it works, I researched on this sometime ago. I am going to talk about setting up destructibles, I mean how are they build, this will also help you in editing them, Wink For it go into the files _destructible_types.gsc, there are dlc1 and dlc2 too. You will see a big list of things and down another list with each destructible and its functions, you will notice that many are from SP(so those dont work in MP), they are built using these commands(not all are here):

Code:
destructible_create(type or name,central tag name,health,valid attackers,damage zone,damages that avoid);

With this command we start creating the destructible

Code:
destructible_create(destructibleType,"tag_origin",250,undefined,32,"no_melee"); //will have as main tag: tag_origin, 250 health points, any thing can damage it(undefined) and it wont be affected by knife.

This is another command that is only used in destructibles with many many tags, like cars, from damages that avoid until the end are all optional, it adds a part to the destructible we created:

Code:
destructible_part(tag name,model name,health,valid attackers,damage zone,damages that avoid,damage parent,explosion physics,grenade impacts,damage received from parent);

This will add a new part that will show up when some other part is destroyed, example are destroyed car wheels.

Code:
destructible_state(tag name,model name,health,valid attackers,damage zone,damages that avoid,grenade impacts,splash rotation);

This is to play a FX on a destructible, the 3 first options are needed, the other are optional, idk what the last 2 mean

Code:
destructible_fx(tag were the fx is played,fx name,use the tag angles or not,damage type,groupNum,fxCost);

This will do same as previous but with a loop effect, the 3 first are needed:

Code:
destructible_loopfx(tag were the fx is played,fx name,looping rate,fxCost);

This will reduce a destructible health slowly or quickly, like in damaged cars, all are needed but dont really know the meaning of the last thing, :S

Code:
destructible_healthdrain(amount of health it looses,time,badplace radius,badplace team);

This will add a sound to the destructible, is only needed the sound, the 2 last options arent needed:

Code:
destructible_sound(sound,cause,group number);

Same as previous but with loop sound, only the 1st option is needed:

Code:
destructible_loopsound(sound,cause);

Animate a destructible:

Code:
destructible_anim(animation name,animtree,anim type,exclude vehicles,group number,mpAnim,max start delay,anim rate min,anim rate max);

This other will add a spotlight to the destructible:

Code:
destructible_spotlight(tag were the light will be played);

To explode a destructible, similar to earthquake or radiusdamage setup:

Code:
destructible_explode(min force,max force,range in SP,range in MP,min damage,max damage,continue damage,origin offset,earthquake scale,earthquake radius);

This command is meant to increase the ammount of health the destructible loses when a grenade or explosive hits it

Code:
destructible_splash_damage_scaler(multiplier);

This one is for physics:
Code:
destructible_physics(tag were physics are played,velocity);

Thats all, if this is interesting I can take a better look, Nyan Cat
Ty Nyan Cat
will use it for some models on map :3
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] need help with some mod editing aagje323 0 1,568 03-07-2013, 18:02
Last Post: aagje323
  Anti Killstreak Editing AboAlwe 5 3,876 04-28-2012, 11:00
Last Post: schoerg
  Help Can someone tell me which program do you use for creating/editing BO scripts/mods? fiki574_CRO 7 3,991 01-20-2012, 18:38
Last Post: fiki574_CRO
  [IDEA] editing code_gfx_pre/post.ff ProDiiGy 12 7,055 11-10-2011, 19:33
Last Post: ProDiiGy
  [Tutorial] Destructible Editing 2 Yamato 2 2,633 10-08-2011, 18:05
Last Post: Yamato
Rainbow [Tutorial] Proper FX,sound,fog,ambient editing and spawning Yamato 0 3,047 10-08-2011, 15:49
Last Post: Yamato
  [Test]Working Stat Editing Codes nity 17 10,128 07-05-2011, 05:24
Last Post: clxyeah
  GSC Editing Problem bill44445555 5 3,936 11-19-2010, 16:30
Last Post: TheSaboteur