• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singleplayer modding?
Is it even possible? There are options for SP-specific mods in the mod tools, but going in-game with my mod activated produces no effects. I used the very similar MW tool in this exact same way with success, so I am not sure what I could be missing. Is it just not compatible yet? Isn't there some way to force the SP game to read my FF file? Thanks in advance.
blablabla the answer is yes for every question you asked, get a gsc rip
[Image: 1fxsnb.jpg]
The mod tools come with raw files for everything. Editing them is not the problem, the problem is getting the game to read my modded files. I've got modified FX files compiled in an FF, and my weapon changes compiled in an IWD. These are both in my mod folder, named RE. I then run the game with +set fs_game mods/RE in a number of different ways, from a desktop shortcut, using the launch options in steam, from the mod tools themselves; but none of my changes take effect while in the singleplayer campaign.
I remember @Lost4468 released a tutorial about modding zombies. Also your way won't work because SP != MP, even if you would load the file into SP it wont make any changes in gameplay unless its associated to SP fastfile
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
(10-12-2011, 00:11)OrangePL Wrote: I remember @Lost4468 released a tutorial about modding zombies. Also your way won't work because SP != MP, even if you would load the file into SP it wont make any changes in gameplay unless its associated to SP fastfile

Perhaps, but at the same time, one of the things I am editing is weapons, which is done through an IWD, not a fast file. So it seems like at least those changes would work. Ugh!
Weapons throught IWD, what Huh

Weapons changes are made with fastfile. I recommend you to search for @Lost4468 tutorial, good luck !
(10-12-2011, 00:31)OrangePL Wrote: Weapons throught IWD, what Huh

Weapons changes are made with fastfile. I recommend you to search for @Lost4468 tutorial, good luck !

Yes, modifying existing weapon stats (ie, damage, fire rate, etc) still appears to be done through IWD. This was true for MW, as well, and that method worked fine back when I modded that game. Same engine, basically the same tools, so I'm guessing it hasn't changed much. I was thinking something else was off, and was hoping someone would have an example of an SP mod for me to peruse. I'm thinking it has something to do with the way I'm launching the game.

Thanks for the heads up about that tutorial, though. I am looking at it now.
Well, I've never modified existing weapon excepting magicbullet and position edits, didnt knew, sorry. Try out the tutorial, its done using @Lost4468 FFCompiler and replacement of existing FF.
Answer to your first question: Yes.

(10-11-2011, 23:56)fudge2 Wrote: The mod tools come with raw files for everything.
Nope, just some files..-

(10-11-2011, 23:56)fudge2 Wrote: Editing them is not the problem,

Editing them should be possible...

(10-11-2011, 23:56)fudge2 Wrote: the problem is getting the game to read my modded files.
I've got modified FX files compiled in an FF, and my weapon changes compiled in an IWD. These are both in my mod folder, named RE.

Er no, just build a fastfile (and if you need to have a .IWD, then put it in the main folder and put a z_ in the file name) and replace the original .fastfile.
Also you would have to use the original .CSV for the map you're planning on replacing, i'm pretty sure they're included in the mod tools.
If not, then there should be a rip somewhere...

(10-11-2011, 23:56)fudge2 Wrote: I then run the game with +set fs_game mods/RE in a number of different ways, from a desktop shortcut, using the launch options in steam, from the mod tools themselves; but none of my changes take effect while in the singleplayer campaign.

Yeah, I hate how Treyarch disabled that =_=
Now I have to launch BO, and load the mod manually through the menu... :S
You know how annoying that is, Treyarch?
Very.
Placing the IWD file in the main folder and putting a zz_ in front of it is the first thing I tried. This does not work, unfortunately. It won't load the file.

I am really only trying to edit minor gun stats and the FX files for singleplayer. That's it. I wish there were tutorials for SP modding. There seems to be no community in this regard; at least not like back during Call of Duty 1 and 2.

That sucks about not being able to launch my mod. Since it's SP, I obviously can't launch it through the menu like in MP. Is there not another way?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] Request for Assistance with Modding COD: BO using Mod Tools one1lion 9 6,066 09-17-2013, 21:04
Last Post: one1lion
  Help Modding Zombie Mode DarthKiller 3 4,483 07-09-2013, 21:08
Last Post: Nekochan
Exclamation [Request] Huey Gunship from singleplayer? Erik The Born 6 3,583 04-21-2013, 13:53
Last Post: Erik The Born
  Why there are no modding for Frostbite Engine RaZ 2 3,084 03-30-2013, 17:14
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Modding online custom classes? jarniboi 0 2,421 03-12-2013, 00:21
Last Post: jarniboi
Smile [Request] Loading FF files for singleplayer mods? Erik The Born 2 3,228 02-09-2013, 10:28
Last Post: Erik The Born
  [Release] MW3 +12 Singleplayer Trainer 1.9.453 by Geomatrical Silencemod 15 10,421 01-18-2013, 21:54
Last Post: JariZ
  [Tutorial] Modding Terraria Pozzuh 5 10,396 01-12-2013, 22:27
Last Post: Xeramon
  How or why did you start modding COD games? Bloodfocus 12 6,943 12-25-2012, 13:08
Last Post: alvarogt95
Thumbs Down Help help Modding new fingerweak 1 1,965 10-11-2012, 23:18
Last Post: Rendflex