• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple copy and paste modding do not work?
I made a simple copy and paste Gun Game mod by ONLY changing two weapons (I swapped the first and second one) to see if it would work. It did not.

Here is where I store the mod:
Quote:call of duty black ops\mods\mp_GunGame\maps\mp\gametypes
"gametypes" only contains "gun.gsc".

I have tried launching it this way:
1 Opening the mod in the menu under "mods" in the game and started a private match.
2 Same as number 1 but I also write this in the console:
Quote:\g_gametype gun;map_restart;
and the map restarts but everything remains the same.
3 Starting a private match and write the same in the console as number 2 for the same results.
When I have loaded the mod from the menu in the upper right corner it says that I loaded the mod. It also says "Mod:mp_GunGame" when I start a map. I do not use any mod loader since the game now supports mods.

I have looked at other mods and they contain multiple files in "gametypes" and I figured if I need other files too. I will try to launch other mods if I even can launch any mod whatsoever. I tried "mp_Juggernaut" that came with the official mod tools with no success. I will come back for further results.

As for the question: How do I launch this mod? Do I need other files?

Edit 1: I tried iSnipe v2.0 for no success but an error message saying that I am missing some props (?). I just updated the game so it is probably because of that. And yes I added "mp_" in the beginning of the folders name.
you need to add it to your mod.csv

Undecided

(07-13-2011, 14:19)Scripts18 Wrote: you need to add it to your mod.csv

Undecided
I do not understand what you mean, what is "mod.csv"? Please go inte more detail how I go about doing such thing.
(07-13-2011, 18:04)Varmperonsplitt Wrote:

Undecided
I do not understand what you mean, what is "mod.csv"? Please go inte more detail how I go about doing such thing.

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-CoDB...-More.html

Its the "zone source"

it should be located in the mod folder and called mod.csv (csv is the file extension)

couldnt find the mod tutorial I used to make my first mod but in the zone source most of the file you add (most is not all) you need to add them like for you _rank.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\_rank.gsc rawfile(thats the main mod folder) , maps (maps folder wich i created same for mp and gameytpes)
rawfile,_rank.gsc means the _rank.gsc file is in the main mod folder

you need to that for your .gsc file
(07-13-2011, 18:36)Scripts18 Wrote:

Undecided

Its the "zone source"

it should be located in the mod folder and called mod.csv (csv is the file extension)

couldnt find the mod tutorial I used to make my first mod but in the zone source most of the file you add (most is not all) you need to add them like for you _rank.gsc

rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\_rank.gsc rawfile(thats the main mod folder) , maps (maps folder wich i created same for mp and gameytpes)

I added "_rank.gsc" but when I press "Edit Zone Source" in the mod tools there is no text and I do not know what to type in. When I press "Zone Source" Microsoft Excel shows up showing me nothing. I check "Link FastFile" and press "Build Mod". I see that multiple files have been added in some other folders in the main mod folder (the empty Microsoft Excel document I was talking about and more) and I try to start it with method number 1, 2 and 3. Nothing.

I am onto something for sure though and thanks for replying I hope I can get this to work!

Edit: I saw in the tutorial you sent you have to link what files to use in the mod in the FastFile so do I need to type in the files names or locations in the empty Microsoft Excel documents? I checked the Juggernaut mod and in its FastFile I see some locations for files given in the Microsoft Excel document.
(07-13-2011, 19:01)Varmperonsplitt Wrote:

Undecided

Its the "zone source"

I added "_rank.gsc" but when I press "Edit Zone Source" in the mod tools there is no text and I do not know what to type in. When I press "Zone Source" Microsoft Excel shows up showing me nothing. I check "Link FastFile" and press "Build Mod". I see that multiple files have been added in some other folders in the main mod folder (the empty Microsoft Excel document I was talking about and more) and I try to start it with method number 1, 2 and 3. Nothing.

I am onto something for sure though and thanks for replying I hope I can get this to work!

Edit: I saw in the tutorial you sent you have to link what files to use in the mod in the FastFile so do I need to type in the files names or locations in the empty Microsoft Excel documents? I checked the Juggernaut mod and in its FastFile I see some locations for files given in the Microsoft Excel document.

First I recommend using notepad++ to open the mod.csv its easier to write in
and yes you need 1 mod.csv ( for each mods) wich include what you want to add

Fast files are automaticly done when you compile to mod so dont touch it
(07-13-2011, 19:10)Scripts18 Wrote:

Undecided

Its the "zone source"

Thank you I but what do I write if I want to link "_rank.gsc" and "gun.gsc"? I fixed which program to open .csv files in I will leave FastFile's alone from now.
(07-13-2011, 19:15)Varmperonsplitt Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 18:04)Varmperonsplitt Wrote: I do not understand what you mean, what is "mod.csv"? Please go inte more detail how I go about doing such thing.

Its the "zone source"

Thank you I but what do I write if I want to link "_rank.gsc" and "gun.gsc"? I fixed which program to open .csv files in I will leave FastFile's alone from now.

make a folder called maps and then inside mp and then gametypes in side

Inside the gametypes folder put both .gsc files

to link then in the mod.csv right

rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\_rank.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\gun.gsc

Custom gametype :
(might help to add it to the gametypes)
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-How-...etype.html
(07-13-2011, 19:17)Scripts18 Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 19:15)Varmperonsplitt Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 18:36)Scripts18 Wrote: http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-CoDB...-More.html

Its the "zone source"

make a folder called maps and then inside mp and then gametypes in side

Inside the gametypes folder put both .gsc files

to link then in the mod.csv right

rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\_rank.gsc
rawfile,maps\mp\gametypes\gun.gsc
I already fixed the folders and I will edit this post if I get any results, thank you!

Edit: It still does not work but I tried to only play regular Gun Game on Combat Training which had some messed up results. When the map was loading it said "gun" and not "Gun Game" if that is unusual. In the beginning in the match every bot that joined showed up in the lower left corner but duplicated? The list seemed to have been duplicated but the duplicate was a bit above the other but still blending the text together. The rest went as usual.

Edit 2: Yesterday I was updating Black Ops multiplayer through Steam and I kept getting some error message that was saying "Updating incomplete" and one time when I was about to try again it started and everything went as usual. Maybe everything is because of this? But this is a modding forum, I will come back once again when I get things sorted out.

Edit 3 (*yawn*): It looks like the glitches when I tried regular Gun Game is the same for every Wager Match mode, but it is maybe buggy because they are is not meant to be played in Combat Training.
Maybe the fact that its not meant to be played in Combat Trainning and that the patch errors you got, makes all the bugs

have you tried to play a wager match in a treyarch server to see if it works or its buggy too?

But I think it should work , Im not really good at modding but Im pretty sure it should work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] Request for Assistance with Modding COD: BO using Mod Tools one1lion 9 6,066 09-17-2013, 21:04
Last Post: one1lion
  Help Permissions DOESNT work Hallla 2 2,802 08-18-2013, 11:28
Last Post: hillbilly
  why permissions dont work. ? ExoGamer* 4 3,010 07-21-2013, 13:46
Last Post: X-Track
  Help Modding Zombie Mode DarthKiller 3 4,482 07-09-2013, 21:08
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Release] Mw3 Simple External Console barata 25 20,780 06-30-2013, 16:30
Last Post: nexzhd
  Simple flyable helicopter script port, could use help! akillj 0 2,360 06-15-2013, 09:20
Last Post: akillj
  Bunker Plugin Won't work OBJAY 4 4,068 06-03-2013, 15:48
Last Post: X-Track
  Help prefix doesnt work with shop koro35 2 2,628 05-18-2013, 10:51
Last Post: koro35
  Help Perks do not work (( x1412 6 3,971 04-06-2013, 18:09
Last Post: x1412
  Why there are no modding for Frostbite Engine RaZ 2 3,084 03-30-2013, 17:14
Last Post: Pozzuh