Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Sharing Mods
Hi all

My name is Flaps and I'm the creator of the Black Ops Config Toolkit (found on Steam Forums and elsewhere) - I won't link it just in case you have rules against advertisements.

Anyway, I have a huge number of people using this toolkit, as it helps them change their game settings to allow it to run better on their PC without the need to open the config file.
Everything is automated for them, and it makes peoples lives a lot easier when it comes to playing Blops.
(There are other added features such as creating key binds and stuff like that).

But I won't go too much into what the toolkit does, as that's not what I am here for...

I'm loving the mods you have here for black ops.
Although I personally don't agree with these hacks that I'm seeing such as aimbots and that... but each to their own I guess - I'm here purely for these mods Big Grin

I've played quite a few of them, and just wow! Some of you guys are really bloody talented!
Can't say I'm not jealous lol

I have to admit, i've been opening up these GSC files to have a look and see how it compares to COD4 modding... but everytime I do that, I've either just woken up, or I'm drunk, so it makes no use lol. Big Grin

Ok, to the point... Basically in my toolkit I am adding a Mods section in the coming update.
This section will allow people to import mods they have downloaded, and the toolkit will automatically create the correct folders and rename the mod if needs be. (you know with that mp_ bit).
There are a lot of other functions aswell... and what I would like to add is a Download Mods window.

This Download Mods window, people can select a mod, and it will download it from one of my servers.
What I would like to do is select a few mods (I have a few in mind) and share them in this toolkit for everybody to use.

I understand that these mods are open source and by license can be shared... but I just wanted to get your permissions to share them beforehand.

Obviously all the credits for the mods will be added, each mod has a creator, and each creator can have their user profile on this site added as a link to the Credits and Thanks section.
Also along with a link to this website to say thanks.

So if people reckon that this might be ok... I can give a list of mods that I would like to share, and ask the creators personally.
If you do not wish for me to do this, then that is not a problem and I will respect your decisions Smile

Many thanks for reading this wall of rambling text!

Flaps

Seems like a good idea and I think mod makers won't mind the extra publicity
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

This sounds like an excellent idea. I hope that this takes off and we can upload more mods after the tools are released.

nice idea =D
[Image: r212360a129ce9b84444093b6cd2699013a1fbn155.png]

We are currently already working on such a tool ourselves, but feel free to make yours.

Read your PM, Flaps.

The tool should include a list of mods you can download, and with just 1 click on the button it should download + place it in the mods folder with everything (like mp_) so the person only needs to select the mod and press install/download button.

(06-03-2011, 13:56)surtek Wrote: The tool should include a list of mods you can download, and with just 1 click on the button it should download + place it in the mods folder with everything (like mp_) so the person only needs to select the mod and press install/download button.

That's pretty much what it is going to do for now.

Like this (quick made in photoshop):
Download button - Downloads & installs mod so you only have to select it in black ops mod menu to play it.
Information button - goes to the mod topic on itsmods.com

Both Flaps and Nova: succes.

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-03-2011, 14:12)surtek Wrote: Like this (quick made in photoshop):
Download button - Downloads & installs mod so you only have to select it in black ops mod menu to play it.
Information button - goes to the mod topic on itsmods.com

Both Flaps and Nova: succes.

Looks nice , soemthing like this tools would be really helpful

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vehicle mods! Erik The Born 1 3,126 09-05-2013, 10:55
Last Post: The_Reaper_1
  Help mods meetingplum 6 5,452 07-16-2013, 12:11
Last Post: surtek
Wink All MW3 Mod Menus & Mods $pacebound 34 196,271 07-15-2013, 19:08
Last Post: monokiller88
  hi Mods [HARD] Tony. 1 2,876 05-21-2013, 20:00
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help How do i use mods in mw2? ostmaskinen 2 3,726 05-04-2013, 08:42
  I want to thank some people [2] Mods edition Arteq 7 5,747 04-05-2013, 18:10
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
  Help mods not showing up TheDAVAAD 2 3,700 03-17-2013, 03:19
Last Post: TheDAVAAD
  [Tutorial] Loading mods for campaign/nazi zombies Rendflex 12 10,201 03-07-2013, 14:09
Last Post: Erik The Born
Smile [Request] Loading FF files for singleplayer mods? Erik The Born 2 3,256 02-09-2013, 10:28
Last Post: Erik The Born
  Reign of undead mods cod4 finnibusa 5 4,831 02-01-2013, 17:46