• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove weather effects ONLY!
Hello,
I'd like to know if is there any way to have removed weather effects on mw2.I dont want to remove the extra things suck as the foliage from the trees, some metalic things/subjects e.t.c(also existing in the 1.6 texturehack folder).I want just the weather effects such as dust,snow,smoke e.t.c (things that have to do with weather only not subjects)
You can remove them in the maps gsc, example: mp_favela.gsc, is just 1 line or 2
(07-08-2011, 13:33)Yamato Wrote: You can remove them in the maps gsc, example: mp_favela.gsc, is just 1 line or 2

Im so glad you answered! (:
But could you give me more information about where to find the (example: mp_favela.gsc) and what do I have to edit in it so i have removed weather effects since Im new to modding!(modding the .gsc can I get banned?)
Thanks again
Yes, you can be banned, I recomend you to find those files in a gsc rip(google it), if not use FFviewer and open the map FF files.
(07-11-2011, 08:03)Yamato Wrote: Yes, you can be banned, I recomend you to find those files in a gsc rip(google it), if not use FFviewer and open the map FF files.

After I open them (example: mp_favela.ff) what do I edit and what the danger of getting banned?Am I going to get banned just because of editing the .gsc, for editing specifik nfo or if I do anything wrong?Also 2 people from the game succeeded the removed weather effects by editing some files from the main folder.In the 1.6 texturehack folder you can find a folder named "remove weather effects" if Im not wrong but it deletes some of the subjects (example: rags in highrise).I'd really want to know if we could insulate those files.Probably I have to move some of the files in the main folder not all.

I mention it because the second way seems sayfer (for me) since I never edited a gsc before but if it is the same I have no prob at all Big Grin Also 2 people I know from the game succeeded it with no problems and bans.

Thanks and dorry for the big msg :3
Hi, Demyxxx ive got some questions for you that would clarify some things.

If you want it to be a mod you can host it without any trouble with MW2 Liberation 1.6, but then you'll have to be able to actually host matches and it will take effect for everyone in your game, if you are NOT the host it will NOT have any effect. If you want it to be just for yourself you have to edit your config this way it will always be in effect even if somebody else is hosting but they wont notice anything.

So do you want it to have a permanent effect then you'll have to edit your config and if its for a mod you must use GSC modding but you'll need to be the host. (BTW, there is a force host option on liberation 1.6)
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest.

[Image: blaziqsig1.jpg]
(07-14-2011, 23:10)timmytimp1 Wrote: Hi, Demyxxx ive got some questions for you that would clarify some things.

If you want it to be a mod you can host it without any trouble with MW2 Liberation 1.6, but then you'll have to be able to actually host matches and it will take effect for everyone in your game, if you are NOT the host it will NOT have any effect. If you want it to be just for yourself you have to edit your config this way it will always be in effect even if somebody else is hosting but they wont notice anything.

So do you want it to have a permanent effect then you'll have to edit your config and if its for a mod you must use GSC modding but you'll need to be the host. (BTW, there is a force host option on liberation 1.6)

Help me edit the config.This is what I want.Thnx.
If im right thats how the files looks like ( just examples Underpass + others)
but follow the other posts to get the FULL files.. thats only a little Tip

------------
level._effect[ "river_splash_small" ] = loadfx( "water/river_splash_small" );
level._effect[ "drips_fast" ] = loadfx( "misc/drips_fast" );
level._effect[ "lightning" ] = loadfx( "weather/lightning_mp_underpass" );

playfx( level._effect[ "rain_drops" ]
----------------
Example Boneyard ambient:

main()
{
// Set the underlying ambient track
level.ambient_track [ "boneyard_ext0" ] = "ambient_boneyard_ext0";
level.ambient_track [ "boneyard_ext5" ] = "ambient_boneyard_ext5";

ambientDelay( "boneyard_ext0", 5.0, 10.0 );// Trackname, min and max delay between ambient events
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "null", 1.0 );
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "elm_wind_leafy", 0.5 );
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "elm_insect_fly", 1.0 );
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "elm_dog", 1.0 );
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "elm_stress", 0.5 );
ambientEvent( "boneyard_ext0", "elm_jet_flyover_dist", 0.2 );

thread maps\_utility:Confusedet_ambient( "boneyard_ext5" );
}

[HOPE now you know littlebit more] !!!dont forget its a Example!!!!!

[Image: Riot_cop_point_blank.gif?]
Troll ------------------- GIRL vs JUGGERNAUT ------------------ Troll

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Rain Effects on Maps mitchhacker 5 4,414 10-22-2013, 00:46
Last Post: mitchhacker
  Is it safe exactly when i remove the battery from the laptop? checkitnowa 2 2,932 09-13-2013, 08:15
Last Post: CJGreenLabel
  Help remove timer Dynasty 15 7,619 08-25-2013, 13:56
Last Post: hillbilly
  how to remove commands in the chat ExoGamer* 6 4,001 07-20-2013, 09:24
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Help Remove Death Barriers? Help Please! camxxcore 1 2,346 06-28-2013, 09:38
Last Post: Yamato
  effects CheGuevara 1 1,919 04-07-2013, 10:56
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help threading remove EnVi Sweden Rocks 3 3,018 01-28-2013, 15:26
Last Post: JariZ
  Help Remove Threading/tidyup hillbilly 4 4,192 09-16-2012, 11:09
Last Post: zxz0O0
  [Request] plugin to remove all secondary ammo ALEXFDR 1 2,126 09-08-2012, 23:32
Last Post: Nekochan
  Remove mini map moosa67 2 2,383 08-22-2012, 21:26
Last Post: Nukem