• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Release] ESL VERSUS IsKnownAs
I haven't posted in a while, and I've stopped developing plugins so here's the first of a few plugins I have been working on for a while:

ESL VERSUS IsKnownAs
----------------------------

This plugin was built to assist with ESL Versus games. I have ceased development for now, but if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask for help!
  • Detect Map and Changes to the correct map on the admin's connection to the server.
  • Waits for 10 Players and automatically starts the game.
  • Every round checks ESL Wire and announces to the server when someone ends their session.
  • Tired of waiting and then finding out someone voted NR? Every round this plugin checks for votes and notifies you if someone has voted before the end of the game.
  • Checks incoming players' Steam Profile and tells you what names they have previously used.

Place all the files within the addon plugin folder, but that's not it, it won't do much until you have set it up. Ok so here's the tricky bit:

In your sv_config.ini add this:

[IsKnownAs]

Now under this line add this:

esl_followid=<XUID>=<ESLPROFILEID>

You need to find your XUID, if you don't know how to do this then you haven't spent long enough on here. It's basically your community id/steam id turned into a hex number, but if this doesn't mean anything, go onto a promod server and type !getxuid

Secondly you'll need your ESL ID.. You can get this from your browser, go onto ESL, look at your profile and copy your url, it should look something like this:

http://www.esl.eu/uk/player/6822516/

Your ESL id is the number, so for me it's 6822516.

So our finished example for me would be:

esl_followid=0110000100315cb8=6822516

If you want multiple admins/serverusers just split them with a comma. e.g:

esl_followid=0110000100315cb8=6822516,0110000100315cb8=6822516

Now we have setup the esl follower, so most of it will work, but some of you might not be happy with the spam, or disruptive nature of the plugin with default settings so here are some settings for you to choose:

esl_enable=1
wire_enable=1
playerlist_enable=1
esl_autostart=1

alias_enable=1
string=^7NUM^2(^:NAME^2)^7-^2(^:ALIAS1^7,^:ALIAS2^7,^:ALIAS3^7,^:ALIAS4^2)
r_server=1
r_console=1
r_boldleft=0
r_boldcenter=0

you probably want to keep r_server=1 and then choose one of the r_ depending on how you feel it fits in with your server. If you want to make a custom string for the Alias script, please feel free..

So to recap, my sv_config.ini looks a bit like this:

Quote:[IsKnownAs]
esl_followid=0110000100315cb8=6822516
esl_enable=1
wire_enable=1
playerlist_enable=1
esl_autostart=1
alias_enable=1
string=^7NUM^2(^:NAME^2)^7--2(^:ALIAS1^7,^:ALIAS2^7,^:ALIAS3^7,^:ALIAS4^2)
r_server=1
r_console=1
r_boldleft=0
r_boldcenter=0

I hope some people find this useful!

Attached Files
.zip   ESLVERSUSisknownas.zip (Size: 418.22 KB / Downloads: 32)
"Waits for 10 Players and automatically starts the game."

-How?
btw , looks pretty badass. nice work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Steam Aliases (IsKnownAs ESL Welcomer) aceed 10 6,752 03-16-2013, 03:35
Last Post: aceed
  Left 4 Dead 2 adds Bleed Out Versus as weekly Mutation mode d0h! 0 1,500 10-30-2010, 10:47
Last Post: d0h!