• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview Alternative Arcadia
I'm started to make an alternative version of TheApadayo's Arcadia map for multiplayer.

Credits goes to TheApadayo for making it is first version.

I don't know how to fix some vehicle angles (since the 3rd coordinate turning it from side-to-side instead from front-toback).
Also I have a problem with the red FX-es, they are Tires but I can't precache them, since I don't know their name to precache.
It's some kind of "something cool" to see how do you choose the map xD
By the way, why there aren't any fx spawned?
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
As @sailormoon mentioned, add some FX! Thread the createfx gsc from the map's main gsc, that should add the FX. See the original SP gsc if you happen to need references Smile

Edit: Hmm, looking through the video it seems you might have done that already. Have you threaded the createart gsc? If yes, try to add the setexpfog that is used for just that spot in the map. SP missions usually have different sets of fog throughout the map.
(02-13-2014, 20:45)SailorMoon Wrote: It's some kind of "something cool" to see how do you choose the map xD
By the way, why there aren't any fx spawned?

Yes, I thought I must record it too xD
This is a good question.

(02-13-2014, 21:45)Rendflex Wrote: As @sailormoon mentioned, add some FX! Thread the createfx gsc from the map's main gsc, that should add the FX. See the original SP gsc if you happen to need references Smile

Edit: Hmm, looking through the video it seems you might have done that already. Have you threaded the createart gsc? If yes, try to add the setexpfog that is used for just that spot in the map. SP missions usually have different sets of fog throughout the map.

Apadayo have created 2 arcadia_fx.gsc already (one goes to maps/createfx and one goes to maps/mp), but I think they aren't "working".

The console was full with these: -Fixed it, Apadayo have placed the LoadFX things in a wrong gsc.
Code:
Error: Couldn't find 'battlefield_smokebank_S_warm' in _fx.gsc map.
I have fixed the most missing FX-es, only the tires are still missing.
Only 3-4 cars left to add (will add them today)
Also I have only 1 DM spawnpoint, need to add more and do the same for TDM.
In the first release I won't add SD and other gametypes.

A long map preview:
Are you aware that I made a maptool? It makes creating spawnpoints and such really easy. I'll try to find the newest version and upload it. I posted an old version on itsmods, search for "ents map tool".
(02-14-2014, 23:01)Rendflex Wrote: Are you aware that I made a maptool? It makes creating spawnpoints and such really easy. I'll try to find the newest version and upload it. I posted an old version on itsmods, search for "ents map tool".

I have seen that somewhere but well, if I do something with my hands I can call it "yes, this is my job" Cool <- also that's the way how I learn it
If you upload the newest one, I will try it, thanks in advance. Smile